Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saturday's Referee
He gets another shot.....John Parry. He was the ref for the last Steelers-Bengals game. He also worked the Seattle game.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Chaos to follow...this will undoubtedly be another slugfest, this time with a national audience.

Over/under on ejections?
Reply/Quote
Better be no damn ejections, let them play. I take the Bengals big guys vs. anyone on the Steelers team anyway, if there's going to be dirty big hits.

The 1st game (10/6) was littered with penalties, super tough to watch, didn't let the Bengals get into any rhythm, but they won. I think the Bengals defense is going to go nuts on their offense.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Wonder if the league will tell them to keep a tight lid on things.
Reply/Quote
Burfict will push a guy 1/2 step out of bounds and get ejected from this game. Get ready for that one.
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
I hope the Bengals let the Steelers get all the fighting penalties. Would rather win the game than fight back.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 10:09 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Better be no damn ejections, let them play. I take the Bengals big guys vs. anyone on the Steelers team anyway, if there's going to be dirty big hits.

The 1st game (10/6) was littered with penalties, super tough to watch, didn't let the Bengals get into any rhythm, but they won. I think the Bengals defense is going to go nuts on their offense.

Actually any blatant head shots like the one Mitchell did on Eifert should be an ejection.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We don't need refs in this game. Tell them to take a week off and let the big boys play.

Reply/Quote
My guess is that we'll see yellow flags every time Burfict makes a play.
Reply/Quote
generally, refs dont call playoff games like regular season games. Generally, they all a lot more as far as roughness, pi, trash talking, etc. I'm guessing it's pretty physical, but we only see one or two penalties that aren't false start or illegal formation.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 10:17 AM)Benton Wrote: generally, refs dont call playoff games like regular season games. Generally, they all a lot more as far as roughness, pi, trash talking, etc. I'm guessing it's pretty physical, but we only see one or two penalties that aren't false start or illegal formation.

If that's the case then Eifert will be targeted early again.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 11:08 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: If that's the case then Eifert will be targeted early again.

I totally agree. A shot to the head that dont draw a penalty. Oh wait, they already did that!
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 11:39 AM)2slick Wrote: I totally agree. A shot to the head that dont draw a penalty. Oh wait, they already did that!

I think there was a penalty, but 15 yards and a 23,000 fine is a slap on the wrist when you are talking about taking out one of our best players.
Reply/Quote
I don't think the team will sit back if headhunting on eifert or anyone else happens. Remember the crazy people we have on our team on the Defense.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 11:08 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: If that's the case then Eifert will be targeted early again.

I have no doubt he'll be targeted again - as will Green, McCarron and Burfict if there's an opportunity.

I hope our receivers and tight ends are ready to man up and block this game.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 03:08 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I don't think the team will sit back if headhunting on eifert or anyone else happens. Remember the crazy people we have on our team on the Defense.

I'm praying every one of our players will be thinking 'team first'. No taunting, clean but as physical as the rules will allow. And not a peep out of anybody. They're there to win the game, so do whatever you need to do and be penalty-free.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
The league has warned both teams to keep the game clean.

I can see a scenario where one team is getting destroyed late in the 4th and decides to be a sore loser. I would be, but that's because I'm a douche.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 03:08 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I don't think the team will sit back if headhunting on eifert or anyone else happens. Remember the crazy people we have on our team on the Defense.

Yes I'm sure the team will rally just like they did when Huber got his head knocked off.... sometimes I think our fans have more fire inside ourselves than Marvin and crew do. If they do knock somebody like Eifert out, don't expect a bloodbath, expect Marvin to take a timeout and tell the guys to keep their cool, because we don't want to be the bad guys, heaven forbid.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 11:44 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I think there was a penalty, but 15 yards and a 23,000 fine is a slap on the wrist when you are talking about taking out one of our best players.

Agreed.  With all of the concussion issues now they should make the player making the helmet to helmet hit sit out the same amount of games as the person injured.  Plus still having to pay the fine and of course missing game checks for time lost.  That'd put an end to the head hunters like Mitchell.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 04:00 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: I'm praying every one of our players will be thinking 'team first'. No taunting, clean but as physical as the rules will allow. And not a peep out of anybody. They're there to win the game, so do whatever you need to do and be penalty-free.

As Team first guys if they are attacking your players you gotta defend them
Reply/Quote