Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Save us Eric Bienemy - You're our only hope!
(11-27-2018, 11:54 AM)jj22 Wrote: Andy Reid is the OC. We need an Offensive minded HC that has at least called plays. Not many out there from these top offenses in the league.

It's time to stop saying Marvin changed the culture. The culture is as bad as it's been since 2002 (If HC and Assistant to the HC getting mocked and belittled by Browns players during the game to their faces didn't expose that), with the team looking aged and done.

What the Browns players did to our coaches to their face  (mocking them, handing INT balls to them, snubbing them after the game) during the game was unprecedented and wouldn't have happened to no other club. The Bengals and the Organization are in a bad way right now and still headed in the wrong direction if you can believe that.

The Browns (THE BROWNS!) pretty much buried the team, the Marvin Lewis era, it's HC and future HC. They've never rebounded from the wildcard meltdown, they def won't recover for the unapologetic, unashamed, outright disrespect and mockery to their faces on their sideline from the lowly Browns. And to think not one member of the Bengals team came to their coaches aid as Brown player after Brown player ran up to them and mocked them throughout the game.

That's just it, a HC typically doesn't call the plays. A HC, sets the teams overall philosophy and provides leadership and structure for practice. The coordinators need to be the X's and O's guys.

Thus a Special Teams Coach like Cowher is a great HC.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 11:54 AM)jj22 Wrote: Andy Reid is the OC. We need an Offensive minded HC that has at least called plays. Not many out there from these top offenses in the league.

It's time to stop saying Marvin changed the culture. The culture is as bad as it's been since 2002 (If HC and Assistant to the HC getting mocked and belittled by Browns players during the game to their faces didn't expose that), with the team looking aged and done.

What the Browns players did to our coaches to their face  (mocking them, handing INT balls to them, snubbing them after the game) during the game was unprecedented and wouldn't have happened to no other club. The Bengals and the Organization are in a bad way right now and still headed in the wrong direction if you can believe that.

The Browns (THE BROWNS!) pretty much buried the team, the Marvin Lewis era, it's HC and future HC. They've never rebounded from the wildcard meltdown, they def won't recover for the unapologetic, unashamed, outright disrespect and mockery to their faces on their sideline from the lowly Browns. And to think not one member of the Bengals team came to their coaches aid as Brown player after Brown player ran up to them and mocked them throughout the game.

I like what Lap said about all of that.....".....if that was me, I would have fired that ball back into his facemask."  That's the difference between the Paul Brown led Bengals, and the Son of Paul Bengals.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 02:05 PM)Wyche Wrote: I like what Lap said about all of that.....".....if that was me, I would have fired that ball back into his facemask."  That's the difference between the Paul Brown led Bengals, and the Son of Paul Bengals.

I don't know if it was the rule changes. Or losing Pacman. Or losing Guenther. But our defensive swagger is gone.

Win or lose...we'd hit teams hard.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 02:08 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I don't know if it was the rule changes. Or losing Pacman. Or losing Guenther. But our defensive swagger is gone.

Yep. Win, lose, or meltdown, we left teams battered.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 02:08 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I don't know if it was the rule changes. Or losing Pacman. Or losing Guenther. But our defensive swagger is gone.

You are exactly right....that swagger is a fading memory.  Maybe it's Paulie, Pac, Reggie, and even Iloka.  They've lost their identity.....and maybe it IS the rule changes.

As to your point about OCs.....does Reid still call his own plays?

Reply/Quote
I like the OC for the Vikings. He was the qb coach for Carson Wentz's first two years and helped Frank Reich create the offense around Nick Foles last season.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 02:20 PM)MentalRage Wrote: I like the OC for the Vikings. He was the qb coach for Carson Wentz's first two years and helped Frank Reich create the offense around Nick Foles last season.

Like I've been saying...yes! Go for one of those types.

Knowing how the Bengals do things though...a former Bengal has the best chance.
Reply/Quote
At this point, the one thing I want in a new HC is someone who shows emotion on game day. I want someone who'll blow up at a player screws up. If Bienemy is that guy, then please, sign him. I'm tired of the same old CLAP CLAP CLAP "LET'S GO! LET'S GO!" CLAP CLAP CLAP after every failed 3rd down (on offense AND defense).
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 02:20 PM)MentalRage Wrote: I like the OC for the Vikings. He was the qb coach for Carson Wentz's first two years and helped Frank Reich create the offense around Nick Foles last season.

Solid choice.

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 02:36 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Like I've been saying...yes! Go for one of those types.

Knowing how the Bengals do things though...a former Bengal has the best chance.

....and this is why some of us are down on them with Hue in the building.....and why the fanbase argues over QBs when it's plain as day what the real issue is.

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 02:05 PM)Wyche Wrote: I like what Lap said about all of that.....".....if that was me, I would have fired that ball back into his facemask."  That's the difference between the Paul Brown led Bengals, and the Son of Paul Bengals.

Pacman would have had his ass, and then everyone would be complaining about his lack of discipline.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 02:50 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Pacman would have had his ass, and then everyone would be complaining about his lack of discipline.

Ha ha ha......good point.  Pac his discipline issues, but damned if he'd take any shit like that.

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 02:53 PM)Wyche Wrote: Ha ha ha......good point.  Pac his discipline issues, but damned if he'd take any shit like that.

Yep, and I guess I'm the only one who would like to see him back. I realize his game has fallen off, but he seemed to be the only one in the locker room who gave a damn about winning.
Reply/Quote
Whatever happened to LaFleur? Sorry I can't remember the guys first name now. I know his name was tossed around some last season, when we thought Merv was done.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 02:43 PM)Wyche Wrote: ....and this is why some of us are down on them with Hue in the building.....and why the fanbase argues over QBs when it's plain as day what the real issue is.

After 26+ years of the same old...we're really the problems. The Bengals make a nice profit every year.

I doubt they lose sleep over losses.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 02:55 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Yep, and I guess I'm the only one who would like to see him back. I realize his game has fallen off, but he seemed to be the only one in the locker room who gave a damn about winning.

Actually man.....I was for bringing him back on the cheap to return kicks, I *think* I even mentioned that on here on a thread about him.  I agree about the desire.

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 03:01 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: After 26+ years of the same old...we're really the problems. The Bengals make a nice profit every year.

I doubt they lose sleep over losses.

I guess you are right.....we have to be gluttons for punishment...lol.

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 02:50 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Pacman would have had his ass, and then everyone would be complaining about his lack of discipline.

Maybe not. Most of us turned a blind eye to the antics of the wildcard meltdown. I will go to my grave claiming AB faked it and smiled at Pac as he was being helped off the field. That it was only a slight brush of his head with his shoulder. I will also never fault Pacman for defending the defensive huddle when Porter came in talking crap. Someone had to even if only he got in trouble for it. Hell (sorry for the lack of class, but it's the Steelers and I'm not proud of it) I even turned the other way as fans threw trash at Big Ben as he was carted off the field. Sorry 1-800-reportatPB if they would have asked (if I was in the area) I wouldn't have seen a thing.

Sometimes things just need to happen.....

And if they needed to happen, we as fans will find a way to excuse it.

I've never seen a game in all my years where opposing players were free to run up and mock the Coaches on the other sideline over and over and no one did anything.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 02:55 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Yep, and I guess I'm the only one who would like to see him back. I realize his game has fallen off, but he seemed to be the only one in the locker room who gave a damn about winning.
You are not the only one.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 04:07 PM)jj22 Wrote: Maybe not. Most of us turned a blind eye to the antics of the wildcard meltdown. I will go to my grave claiming AB faked it and smiled at Pac as he was being helped off the field. That it was only a slight brush of his head with his shoulder. I will also never fault Pacman for defending the defensive huddle when Porter came in talking crap. Someone had to even if only he got in trouble for it. Hell (sorry for the lack of class, but it's the Steelers and I'm not proud of it) I even turned the other way as fans threw trash at Big Ben as he was carted off the field. Sorry 1-800-reportatPB if they would have asked (if I was in the area) I wouldn't have seen a thing.

Sometimes things just need to happen.....

And if they needed to happen, we as fans will find a way to excuse it.

I've never seen a game in all my years where opposing players were free to run up and mock the Coaches on the other sideline over and over and no one did anything.
If the players don't defend the coaches then the coaches have lost the respect of their own players. This is writing on the wall to me that we need a new coaching staff. And they did not defend Hue so he is not the answer.
Reply/Quote