Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Save us Eric Bienemy - You're our only hope!
(11-27-2018, 06:43 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: If the players don't defend the coaches then the coaches have lost the respect of their own players. This is writing on the wall to me that we need a new coaching staff. And they did not defend Hue so he is not the answer.

If the shit show is as obvious as it is from the outside, it has to be twice as obvious if you're in it.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Well...it looks like Eric B is indeed the guy from all the signals being sent out.

I think he'd be about as good as we could hope for under the circumstances.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 01:29 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Well...it looks like Eric B is indeed the guy from all the signals being sent out.

I think he'd be about as good as we could hope for under the circumstances.

I disagree, it looks like Taylor will be the guy.

If it is Eric though, then all I can say is more of the same.  Some success but probably NO playoff wins and not surprised if no playoff appearances.

So if the goal is to not win a SB then Eric will be a GREAT choice.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 02:07 PM)YsCascadia Wrote: I disagree, it looks like Taylor will be the guy.

If it is Eric though, then all I can say is more of the same.  Some success but probably NO playoff wins and not surprised if no playoff appearances.

So if the goal is to not win a SB then Eric will be a GREAT choice.

Why do you think Eric would be a worse hire than Taylor?

Taylor was a QB Coach on the Rams. He was a middling OC in college.

I'd take either of them for a change...but the thought that Taylor is a superior hire to Eric B...I have no clue how that can be stated.

Eric B is big on accountability. That's needed here.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 02:10 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Why do you think Eric would be a worse hire than Taylor?

Because YsCascadia has a thing against black head coaches.  Whatever
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
So the Chiefs are pretty famous for losing playoff games.

It would be funny if the Chiefs lost this weekend and fired Reid and hired Eric B.
Reply/Quote
It's Bieniemy

WhoDey2
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Instead of losing playoff games it should be called Lewis-ing playoff games.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 02:18 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: So the Chiefs are pretty famous for losing playoff games.

It would be funny if the Chiefs lost this weekend and fired Reid and hired Eric B.

Actually, I think Indy will beat KC..... and shut your mouth!!!
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 02:10 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Why do you think Eric would be a worse hire than Taylor?

Taylor was a QB Coach on the Rams. He was a middling OC in college.

I'd take either of them for a change...but the thought that Taylor is a superior hire to Eric B...I have no clue how that can be stated.

Eric B is big on accountability. That's needed here.

Taylor is also big on accountability.

I don't know why people think being a DC or OC or STC makes someone qualified to be the HC... it is mind boggling.

1st of all communication... other than having a "big voice" Marvin Jr. hasn't been linked at being a good communicator.  Yelling at players doesn't make them play better.  Communicating WHAT you want done and WHY it works is far more effective then having "big voice".  Hue likes to yell at his players and look at how he as done.

Taylor has been praised by McVay as a great communicator that has a way to challenge but in a way that makes you understand why the challenge is being made.

2nd.  Marvin Jr. didn't build the Chiefs offense, he didn't bring in his guys, he wasn't the architect of the success the Chiefs had this year.  As a matter of fact the Chiefs have been successful since Reid took over and Marvin Jr. is considered a "hot prospect" due to the off script plays that Mahomes got away with this year.  I don't want our decision to be made due to the guy being "lucky" that his QB didn't throw more INTs.

Taylor was with McVay from the start.  He was instrumental in the building of the schemes and offense that turned the Rams around.  He has developed Goff into being the QB that he is.

3rd I won't go into but if you looked at the stats you would probably side with me.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 02:12 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Because YsCascadia has a thing against black head coaches.  Whatever

Wow... you are the second person to accuse me of hating black head coaches. 

I have not once mentioned race.  Yet you and Au has been all over pointing words in my post that I just haven't put there.  Stop it.

It is foolish on your behalf and is an attempt to smear me for no reason other than me not being enamored by coaches that you like.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 02:19 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Instead of losing playoff games it should be called Lewis-ing playoff games.

Ha Ha..good one.

Whoever the outside hire is - let's not call him or expect him to be a savior. This organizations still needs a lot of change. 
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 09:30 AM)Wyche Wrote: You underestimate the ineptitude and tone deafness of Son of Paul .......

I guess I should get that Texas Pete bottle out for my lovely dish of crow. Smirk

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
https://www.chiefs.com/video/eric-bieniemy-they-understand-the-big-picture

like this presser
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 02:28 PM)YsCascadia Wrote: Taylor is also big on accountability.

I don't know why people think being a DC or OC or STC makes someone qualified to be the HC... it is mind boggling.

1st of all communication... other than having a "big voice" Marvin Jr. hasn't been linked at being a good communicator.  Yelling at players doesn't make them play better.  Communicating WHAT you want done and WHY it works is far more effective then having "big voice".  Hue likes to yell at his players and look at how he as done.

Taylor has been praised by McVay as a great communicator that has a way to challenge but in a way that makes you understand why the challenge is being made.

2nd.  Marvin Jr. didn't build the Chiefs offense, he didn't bring in his guys, he wasn't the architect of the success the Chiefs had this year.  As a matter of fact the Chiefs have been successful since Reid took over and Marvin Jr. is considered a "hot prospect" due to the off script plays that Mahomes got away with this year.  I don't want our decision to be made due to the guy being "lucky" that his QB didn't throw more INTs.

Taylor was with McVay from the start.  He was instrumental in the building of the schemes and offense that turned the Rams around.  He has developed Goff into being the QB that he is.

3rd I won't go into but if you looked at the stats you would probably side with me.

Did Taylor build the Rams offense? How do you know how much was Taylor as the QB Coach and McVay? Did he bring in Goff or Gurley?

Yet you basically give Reid all the credit for the Chiefs this year and discredit Eric B.

All of this is unknown how much these guys did behind the scenes.

And you also say that being a good coordinator isn't a prerequisite for a HC...then your main argument is how he didn't really have to perform coordinator duties due to Reid.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 03:24 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: https://www.chiefs.com/video/eric-bieniemy-they-understand-the-big-picture

like this presser

Agree he seems impressive and he was a gutsy RB. I will not be disappointed if he is the coach.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 03:25 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Did Taylor build the Rams offense? How do you know how much was Taylor as the QB Coach and McVay? Did he bring in Goff or Gurley?

Yet you basically give Reid all the credit for the Chiefs this year and discredit Eric B.

All of this is unknown how much these guys did behind the scenes.

And you also say that being a good coordinator isn't a prerequisite for a HC...then your main argument is how he didn't really have to perform coordinator duties due to Reid.

Zac Taylor was the assistant wide receivers coach.

If you want to credit turn around of that franchise it goes to Les Snead, Sean McVay, Wade Phillips, Matt LaFleur, Aaron Kromer, and Greg Olson.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 02:28 PM)YsCascadia Wrote: 3rd I won't go into but if you looked at the stats you would probably side with me.

I'm big into stats when it comes to forming my opinions. By all means, please list "the stats" and let's see what happens.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 02:30 PM)YsCascadia Wrote: Wow... you are the second person to accuse me of hating black head coaches. 

I have not once mentioned race.  Yet you and Au has been all over pointing words in my post that I just haven't put there.  Stop it.

It is foolish on your behalf and is an attempt to smear me for no reason other than me not being enamored by coaches that you like.

As I said, I based my accusation on words YOU posted in a post that has since been deleted BECAUSE of those words. I couldn't care less if you preferred Taylor over Bieniemy, but there's no legitimatie reason to refer to Bieniemy as "Marvin Jr." Literally, the only thing he has in common with Marvin Lewis is that he's black. There's no other way they're similar.
Reply/Quote
I am also super curious what similarities Bieniemy and Marvin have as coaches that makes it so easy to label the former as "Marvin Jr." before he has coached a single day as a HC.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote