Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Scary O Line Stats From Last Year
Dalton was sacked 41 times. Of those 41, Whit and Zeitler combined gave up 1. From Ken Broo on Twitter.

Attached Files Image(s)

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
RIP Andy Dalton.

Reply/Quote
Sorry I can't figure out how to get my attachments to show up as more than a thumbnail. The attachment is a quote from Ken Broo on twitter using those O line stats.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 08:48 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Dalton was sacked 41 times.  Of those 41, Whit and Zeitler combined gave up 1.

O line is not a concern.....Mediocre Marv said so.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 08:48 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Dalton was sacked 41 times.  Of those 41, Whit and Zeitler combined gave up 1.

Facepalm

It's okay.  The Piano Man can train up anyone, right?
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 08:52 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Facepalm

It's okay.  The Piano Man can train up anyone, right?

That's right.  He's done such a good job so far.
Reply/Quote
Don't trade McCarron!!!! Dalton will last 3 games this year before getting injured with this line. They may need to carry 4 QBs on the roster this year.
Reply/Quote
Damn. I wonder what A. Dalton thinks about this.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
It's quite scary to think about how bad this O-line will be ! The Bengals, under the leadership of Mike "cheap" Brown have painted themselves into a corner on this one.

Demand a trade Andy
Reply/Quote
the oline actually has potential.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 08:50 AM)Wyche Wrote: O line is not a concern.....Mediocre Marv said so.

That's like telling the 101st airborne, your parachutes are not a concern.
Reply/Quote
Bonnie- thanks for sharing this.  Really says it all.

Our organization is a joke.

Draft a guard in first round- he becomes our second best lineman- and you let him go after first contract expires because we don't value guards.

why did we waste a first round pick on a position we don't value and have no intention of extending after first contract?

How many other examples of ineptness can we list.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 09:55 AM)bengals67 Wrote: Bonnie- thanks for sharing this.  Really says it all.

Our organization is a joke.

Draft a guard in first round- he becomes our second best lineman- and you let him go after first contract expires because we don't value guards.

why did we waste a first round pick on a position we don't value and have no intention of extending after first contract?

How many other examples of ineptness can we list.

You remember the Encyclopedia Britannica's being lined up along the bookshelf ? Double that
Reply/Quote
Goodness ****.

We're so ******.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 09:50 AM)Jpoore Wrote: the oline actually has potential.

Really?  Where?  Fisher, maybe, and Boling is Boling....outside of that, I see a dumpster fire.

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 10:09 AM)Wyche Wrote: Really?  Where?  Fisher, maybe, and Boling is Boling....outside of that, I see a dumpster fire.

Im in the minority but let me preface this by saying this all depends on getting a day one starter at center in the draft. I thing ogbuehi will be a top 15 left tackle in the nfl next year. He played decent against an elite pass ruager in his only game there. He was infinitely better than at rt. I REALLY like fisher as our rt i think he is our rt of the future as well. Rg westerman i feel will be average. The interior of the line needs work but im pretty confident in our tacklea. I think we give up less than 41 sacks this year.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 10:16 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Im in the minority but let me preface this by saying this all depends on getting a day one starter at center in the draft. I thing ogbuehi will be a top 15 left tackle in the nfl next year. He played decent against an elite pass ruager in his only game there. He was infinitely better than at rt. I REALLY like fisher as our rt i think he is our rt of the future as well. Rg westerman i feel will be average. The interior of the line needs work but im pretty confident in our tacklea. I think we give up less than 41 sacks this year.

Replacing Bodine will help.  But they seem to love him.  
Reply/Quote
It's the second day of free agency and players are cheaper than ever! The Front Office could have an above average offensive line composed of serviceable players by dinner time tonight.

Andre Smith, Jahri Evans, Nick Mangold, Breno Giacomini, DJ Fluker

Ryan Clady, Clint Boling, TJ Johnson, Jahri Evans, Gosder Cherilus
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 09:50 AM)Jpoore Wrote: the oline actually has potential.

Potential for what exactly? Setting the all time record for sacks allows?

They cannot run block. They cannot stop a bull rush. They cannot get in the right position.

The only new comer is Westerman, who didn't play at all last year. I don't see how he can play all 5 positions at the same time.

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 10:16 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Im in the minority but let me preface this by saying this all depends on getting a day one starter at center in the draft. I thing ogbuehi will be a top 15 left tackle in the nfl next year. He played decent against an elite pass ruager in his only game there. He was infinitely better than at rt. I REALLY like fisher as our rt i think he is our rt of the future as well. Rg westerman i feel will be average. The interior of the line needs work but im pretty confident in our tacklea. I think we give up less than 41 sacks this year.

Ogbuehi gave up two sacks and was promptly benched in his lone game at LT. Mellow

Fisher, I can see a tad bit of improvement, but he was already here.  Westerman is a total unknown, but Boling had to play most of last year with a shoulder injury and Westerman couldn't even be counted on to spell him.  That's not exactly reassuring to me.  If you're going to rely on the draft, you BETTER get a 100%, grade A, ready for the prime time, can't miss prospect to fill all of those holes, because our Canton bound o line coach even said himself, he can't coach them during the season. Mellow

Sorry if I don't share your optimism, but it's been shit show from the day Paul Brown died.  I can't believe I let myself get suckered back in.

Reply/Quote