Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Scary O Line Stats From Last Year
If the Bengals did hire Fulcher as a scout, that would double the scouting department wouldn't it? I don't think Mike Brown is willing to double payroll for scouts when he already pays coaches and they can do their own damn scouting. Sheesh. You guys act like he's trying to run a professional football team or something. Oh, wait.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 07:22 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: If the Bengals did hire Fulcher as a scout, that would double the scouting department wouldn't it? I don't think Mike Brown is willing to double payroll for scouts when he already pays coaches and they can do their own damn scouting. Sheesh. You guys act like he's trying to run a professional football team or something. Oh, wait.

Not to mention what would happen to his cousin's, nephew's, first born son if he were to make Fulcher the "Head Scout"?  We can't be having a bunch of Brown family members walking the streets of Cincinnati unemployed...
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 07:26 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Not to mention what would happen to his cousin's, nephew's, first born son if he were to make Fulcher the "Head Scout"?  We can't be having a bunch of Brown family members walking the streets of Cincinnati unemployed...

...and this will explain re-signing Chykie Brown too.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 07:17 PM)Jpoore Wrote: I see them giving up less than 41 sacks. Ogbuehi showed potential at left tackle. Fisher barely played at rt but near ebd if year looked really good. The rg and center should be our focus.
Ogbuehi didnt get benched in that texans game. He gave up 2 sacks but the other 41 passing plays his man was nowhere near the qb and ogbuehi was more than holding his own against an elite pass rusher. Never once did that at right tackle. Gives me hope. If we can then draft a center which a good center makes the whole line click, i think we could be an above average oline.

I completely missed the play where he showed potential at left tackle. Which one was it?

I believe he gave up two sacks on his first drive playing LT and didn't he leave that game before the end? Yes, yes he did.

Maybe he'll be okay, but you can't tell that from how he played last year or the year before.

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 07:15 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: And now to quote Andy's kids... "daddy, I'm scared, I don't want you to get hurt" Sad

Big Ben could have a "Kids day at work" with the time he gets from his line. Andy Dalton would be a tragic family story on the 11:00pm news if he had the same. He might as well start interviewing husbands to take his place because he is definitely going to be dead by the end of the year. If not, he will be Humpty Dalton that couldn't be put back together again!

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 09:50 AM)Jpoore Wrote: the oline actually has potential.

At what point do we start drug testing our members?
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 09:47 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I completely missed the play where he showed potential at left tackle. Which one was it?

I believe he gave up two sacks on his first drive playing LT and didn't he leave that game before the end? Yes, yes he did.

Maybe he'll be okay, but you can't tell that from how he played last year or the year before.
I watched that game and thought he played the whole game. Was specifically watching left tackle that game. Also could not find anything saying he wqs benched. But clowney, who played like an all pro type player this year, had 2 sacks against him yes. But the othwr 41 plays of passes, he completely stuffed him. Thats my point. There was 0 positive plays at right tackle. He always got pushed back. At LT There was 41 positive plays.
Reply/Quote
There are some respectable free agent offensive linemen still out there for the taking. I could make a solid -- maybe not spectacular -- offensive line in Cincinnati with players who are yet unclaimed.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 10:10 PM)Jpoore Wrote: I watched that game and thought he played the whole game. Was specifically watching left tackle that game. Also could not find anything saying he wqs benched. But clowney, who played like an all pro type player this year, had 2 sacks against him yes. But the othwr 41 plays of passes, he completely stuffed him. Thats my point. There was 0 positive plays at right tackle. He always got pushed back. At LT There was 41 positive plays.

Yeah, not how others saw it. He went on IR before the next game.

http://www.espn.com/blog/cincinnati-bengals/archive/_/month/december-2016

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Ogbuehis-tough-2016-ends-on-IR-In-praise-of-Whit-Peko-Lewis-wants-more-Green/6cc54acb-f04d-4bab-a517-a38c82f8817c

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 10:31 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Yeah, not how others saw it. He went on IR before the next game.

http://www.espn.com/blog/cincinnati-bengals/archive/_/month/december-2016

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Ogbuehis-tough-2016-ends-on-IR-In-praise-of-Whit-Peko-Lewis-wants-more-Green/6cc54acb-f04d-4bab-a517-a38c82f8817c

I didn't see it that way either....thanks for the refresher.  IR at that stage was a mercy call.  A polite way of saying GTFOH.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 10:10 PM)Jpoore Wrote: I watched that game and thought he played the whole game. Was specifically watching left tackle that game. Also could not find anything saying he wqs benched. But clowney, who played like an all pro type player this year, had 2 sacks against him yes. But the othwr 41 plays of passes, he completely stuffed him. Thats my point. There was 0 positive plays at right tackle. He always got pushed back. At LT There was 41 positive plays.

Oh, now I see the potential. He could potentially give up 32 sacks next season all by himself.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 07:19 PM)Wyche Wrote: Don't see it, but appreciate your optimism.  He did not play the rest of the season, Clowney has been borderline bust material.

Didn't Clowney just make the Pro Bowl?   Underachieving, yes.  A bust?  Probably not.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 12:31 AM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Didn't Clowney just make the Pro Bowl?   Underachieving, yes.  A bust?  Probably not.

That's what I meant by has been.  People had been questioning that pick.  To be fair....a lot of that talk had been injuries.  I should have included up until last year at the end of the sentence for clarity.  Ogbuehi still sucked regardless......

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

So you're arguing that he sucked slightly less on the left side than the right?  I'm not sure that is legitimate reason for optimism going into this year Ninja
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 02:12 PM)Sabretooth Wrote: Performance outweighs potential every time....

Potential means you can't do it yet.
[img]http://[Image: power-rangers-dinozords-ranking-tigerzor...mhpcjr.jpg][/img]
Reply/Quote