Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scharping re-signed
I mean it's a body and he gets to have more time in the system. Let's hope it was just one bad game in KC because he looked alright vs Buffalo. Between him and Ford at least we have vets as opposed to having to count on a late pick that isn't ready. He may still get beat out by even a late pick.
Reply/Quote
Scharping obviously will never be a qualified starter IMO.We have the draft coming up,and I expect them to draft OL in at least one of the rounds.It could even be the first round,depending on what happens with Jonah Williams.
Reply/Quote
I want to boo this signing then I remember he is probably going to be replaced by a waiver wire guy during Training Camp. Lol
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
What a horrible signing. We need reserve linemen who can handle Chris Jones and other DPOY candidates with regularity...

In a league where you're extremely lucky to have starters who don't struggle periodically, some seem to believe reserve lineman should always win the day. I'm a fan of the signing.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2023, 01:31 PM)Synric Wrote: I want to boo this signing then I remember he is probably going to be replaced by a waiver wire guy during Training Camp. Lol

I was thinking/hoping the same thing.
Reply/Quote
Can someone with knowledge comment on the contracts of Ford and Scharping. Do the bengals lose anything cap space, guaranteed money if they are cut during final rosters? I sure hope these guys are just training camp fillers and not actual part of the plan. Injuries along the line are going to happen next year. The failure of this year to advance was not the starters it was lack of playoff caliber depth. These signings don’t fix anything. Pollocks nonsense about salivating over fords skill set 2 years ago and his enormous potential are the recycled junk word for word he said about Adenji when Collins got injured
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2023, 01:01 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Who was he blocking during the KC game?

Some scrub he should have dominated  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2023, 01:16 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I knew some one would write that after I teed it up. But, wasn’t it Chris Jones? Or am I mistaken?

Well it's a great thing that we will never have to play Chris Jones or another elite defensive lineman again.  I would hate to go up against guys like that in the playoffs.  Good thing we don't have to face guys like that anymore.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2023, 01:50 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Well it's a great thing that we will never have to play Chris Jones or another elite defensive lineman again.  I would hate to go up against guys like that in the playoffs.  Good thing we don't have to face guys like that anymore.

So of course the solution is to find a reserve guy who can control them.  Well, what are the Bengals waiting for?
Reply/Quote
I have crapped on Quinton Spain for the last year but he is a much better guard than either Ford or Scharping.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2023, 01:55 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I have crapped on Quinton Spain for the last year but he is a much better guard than either Ford or Scharping.

I wouldn't necessarily relegate Ford to OG just because that was what he played on previous team.
He has 34" arms and played OT in college, plus Bengals list him as an OT.
Pollack might have plans for him to be at OT primarily moving forward.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2023, 01:50 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Well it's a great thing that we will never have to play Chris Jones or another elite defensive lineman again.  I would hate to go up against guys like that in the playoffs.  Good thing we don't have to face guys like that anymore.

Chris Jones is elite. Scharping was signed to be a backup.

To put it in international spy context, you can’t have ten 007s on the team. Not everyone is James Bond. Sometimes you got yourself a Sean Connery. And sometimes you got yourself a George Lazenby.
Reply/Quote
In my mind this solves nothing.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2023, 02:54 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Chris Jones is elite. Scharping was signed to be a backup.

To put it in international spy context, you can’t have ten 007s on the team. Not everyone is James Bond. Sometimes you got yourself a Sean Connery. And sometimes you got yourself a George Lazenby.

From the top rope
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2023, 01:11 PM)jj22 Wrote: No it wouldn't. I'm not going to be bullied into liking every signing. I know that's a thing around here, but folks are over yall and will continue to speak their opinion. Keep trying to slam folks for not celebrating with exclamation points signings like this.

I don’t know why you even watch football. You seem like a very miserable person.
Reply/Quote
We came within 2 seconds of winning a Super Bowl and came very close last year. I’m for trusting the coaches and management. Hopefully we can play Williams at RT or draft one with the draft choice we get trading him.

If I were bengals I’d tell Williams you find a trading partner who will give us a low one or high two and see what happens. Surely Williams won’t sit out or play poorly just because he plays right tackle next year. I would not agree to trade him without getting a possible drafted starting RT in return

The Bengals are in the driver’s seat not Williams. If he can’t get a team to give us at least a 2 for a starting left tackle maybe that will be a message to Williams that others don’t see him as a LT. He could still have a great career as a RT.
Reply/Quote
We’ve improved the oline again this offseason. This signing is for a backup and everybody needs those. Hopefully a better one can be found somewhere and we improve the line even more. He’s in the house and knows the system at least.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2023, 02:54 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Chris Jones is elite. Scharping was signed to be a backup.

I don't expect any of these guys to be Sean Connery.  However, I would expect better alternatives than Lazeby.  How about someone like Roger Moore.  Although maybe he is not #1.  He is not a bad alternative.   Wink
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2023, 02:03 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I wouldn't necessarily relegate Ford to OG just because that was what he played on previous team.
He has 34" arms and played OT in college, plus Bengals list him as an OT.
Pollack might have plans for him to be at OT primarily moving forward.

Pretty sure Hobson or someone said they told him he'd be a tackle here and that's why he came here.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2023, 04:22 PM)Au165 Wrote: Pretty sure Hobson or someone said they told him he'd be a tackle here and that's why he came here.

That's what I seemed to recall too.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote