Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scharping re-signed
I'm good with it. Perhaps we'll get better in the draft? Perhaps we won't?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Experienced depth is needed on a good roster.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2023, 12:15 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Well, status quo at OG3. Had hoped for an upgrade. He played OK until the Chief's game.

Still, at least we have a semi-competent reserve guard on the roster now. We did not have one yesterday.

likely a contract that can be droppped if something better comes along in Draft or after Draft cuts
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2023, 03:41 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I don’t know why you even watch football. You seem like a very miserable person.

Why? Because I didn't jump for joy over signing Scharping? Ford? Scott (who none of yall even knew until the visit mind you)? Yall need to learn to be your own person and say what you want. Don't let the opinion police around here beat you down if you don't march in line with their views and opinions.

Now when Adeniji got dominated by a great DT in the Super bowl yall didn't give him this "ahh shucks what could he have done, he's a backup" cover.... Yall can take all the shots at me you want, but I am going to speak my mind.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I sat in front of his parents at a game. They were very nice.
Reply/Quote
Sounds about like the girl your friend wants you to meet who has a "good personality"....

"he's got nice parents".

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2023, 05:25 PM)jj22 Wrote: Why? Because I didn't jump for joy over signing Scharping? Ford? Scott (who none of yall even knew until the visit mind you)?  Yall need to learn to be your own person and say what you want. Don't let the opinion police around here beat you down if you don't march in line with their views and opinions.

Now when Adeniji got dominated by a great DT in the Super bowl yall didn't give him this "ahh shucks what could he have done, he's a backup" cover.... Yall can take all the shots at me you want, but I am going to speak my mind.

Sort of disrespecting some folks and making some large assumptions aren't you? I can tell you that at least one person knew who Scott was before his signing and while I was a advocate of signing Rapp I completely understand bringing in Scott. Scott should be able to compete for the role Bell played in this defense and he is a kid that is on the rise since he got inserted into the Rams lineup due to injuries. He was a very solid signing for the Bengals and if you don't like the signing I would love to hear why.

Teams have to have depth and no team has a starting caliber player at every #2 spot. Fact!
Reply/Quote
Yikes.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
I don't hate him as depth, but I would feel better if he was option 4 at G. Or he could be 3 if there was a better player starting at LG so we couldn't be down Cappa and be back at a starting G duo of Volson and Scharping again.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2023, 05:25 PM)jj22 Wrote: Why? Because I didn't jump for joy over signing Scharping? Ford? Scott (who none of yall even knew until the visit mind you)?  Yall need to learn to be your own person and say what you want. Don't let the opinion police around here beat you down if you don't march in line with their views and opinions.

I get you want to play the martyr here but you don't get to. It appears nobody likes this signing and few liked the Ford signing. Now Scott is a different animal. I like that signing because I trust Lou more than I do Frank.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2023, 06:45 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Sort of disrespecting some folks and making some large assumptions aren't you? I can tell you that at least one person knew who Scott was before his signing and while I was a advocate of signing Rapp I completely understand bringing in Scott. Scott should be able to compete for the role Bell played in this defense and he is a kid that is on the rise since he got inserted into the Rams lineup due to injuries. He was a very solid signing for the Bengals and if you don't like the signing I would love to hear why.

Teams have to have depth and no team has a starting caliber player at every #2 spot. Fact!

I don’t have an issue with Scott. I don’t think he takes SS off the draft board and I think it’s a reach to call a 28 year old an ascending player. He’s my second favorite signing. I’ll spin it like that if it helps.

Ford and Scarping I think they could have tried harder to at least bring someone in to push Volson. Even tho I think he’ll continue to develop. 

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2023, 08:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It appears nobody likes this signing and few liked the Ford signing. Now Scott is a different animal. I like that signing because I trust Lou more than I do Frank.

Right, so why they demanding a dose of kool-aid from me? That’s the issue. I’m just saying what everyone else saying.  I trust Lou with the Scott signing too when it’s all said and done.

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2023, 06:45 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Sort of disrespecting some folks and making some large assumptions aren't you? I can tell you that at least one person knew who Scott was before his signing and while I was a advocate of signing Rapp I completely understand bringing in Scott. Scott should be able to compete for the role Bell played in this defense and he is a kid that is on the rise since he got inserted into the Rams lineup due to injuries. He was a very solid signing for the Bengals and if you don't like the signing I would love to hear why.

There's definately some risk to the Scott signing as we'll play teams that pass a lot. We'll see how it goes. It could work out.

I like his speed and run stuffing. But he's not some 24 year old kid. He's like 28 and was largely a special teamer.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2023, 08:49 PM)jj22 Wrote: Right, so why they demanding a dose of kool-aid from me? That’s the issue. I’m just saying what everyone else saying.  I trust Lou with the Scott signing too when it’s all said and done.

Oh, I feel ya. There's 1 or 2 in this very thread that said I was a "hater" when I suggested during the season we could part ways with Max to bring in a viable RT after LC went down. But when you say things like "laughable' your doing that to support a bias. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2023, 08:55 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: There's definately some risk to the Scott signing as we'll play teams that pass a lot. We'll see how it goes. It could work out.

I like his speed and run stuffing. But he's not some 24 year old kid. He's like 28 and was largely a special teamer.

We also play Cleveland and Baltimore 4x a year. It’s understandable why Lou values guys who can tackle and stop the run.

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2023, 09:29 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We also play Cleveland and Baltimore 4x a year. It’s understandable why Lou values guys who can tackle and stop the run.

Pittsburgh appears to be signing lineman who can run block too.

It's a fair point.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2023, 08:49 PM)jj22 Wrote: Right, so why they demanding a dose of kool-aid from me? That’s the issue. I’m just saying what everyone else saying.  I trust Lou with the Scott signing too when it’s all said and done.

You can trust Lou all you want and he’s certainly earned it. But the best coaches miss on Free Agents and Drafts. Scott looks to have tremendous upside but there’s also a risk.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2023, 10:36 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: You can trust Lou all you want and he’s certainly earned it. But the best coaches miss on Free Agents and Drafts. Scott looks to have tremendous upside but there’s also a risk.

Yep. I keep hearing pf the upside to Scott. He's 28 in May. Usually upside is said for younger guys.

I think it's as simple as this: They didn't want to spend a lot on a safety and Scott was in their price range.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2023, 10:49 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yep. I keep hearing pf the upside to Scott. He's 28 in May. Usually upside is said for younger guys.

I think it's as simple as this: They didn't want to spend a lot on a safety and Scott was in their price range.

Typically. I look at what Lou did with a guy like Eli Apple though. Made him a pretty decent starter for the first time in his career during his age 26 season.

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2023, 10:36 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: You can trust Lou all you want and he’s certainly earned it. But the best coaches miss on Free Agents and Drafts. Scott looks to have tremendous upside but there’s also a risk.

Signing Scott isn’t risky itself. It’s a smart move to get a vet in the room. He has experience. By all accounts is smart, and at worst a special teams ace. The risk comes with starting him and banking on him as the SS of the future. Which it sounds like the plan and if we don’t sign another safety or draft one early is a little bit of a gamble. Leaving some uneasiness with the position for me anyway. 

Some people seem to think the signing solidified the position  and I’m not sold on that. 

Reply/Quote