Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Schedule discussion; Bengals open vs Vikings
The entire Vikings schedule was leaked and the Bengals play the Vikings week 1. What a weird matchup to open the season

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zZ-yPrZjEOq2UsFb8a0b6hHGK5QgKE5i7xt7CsH_7AU/htmlview?pru=AAABeYGvNlU*M61NvboWnVaA0tpPU1Fokg#gid=287194537
Reply/Quote
Opening at home, 2 years in a row... who would have thought?
Reply/Quote
Chase, Moss, Jefferson and Burrow on the field at the same time. Definitely a good matchup to start the season.

Might be Zim's first close look at his future team Ninja
Reply/Quote
Its imperative that the Bengals win this game.
It might be a tone setter for the rest
Of the year. This team cannot afford to start
The season 0 and 2.
Home opener. 1st game with Chase and the anticipated
Return of JB
Reply/Quote
That is a nasty D to start off the season against. That secondary is really good with the addition of Patrick Peterson, MacKensie Alexander back in Minnesota, and Harrison Smith. If Taylor tries to win the game throwing the ball 40 plus times, it will be a loss.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2021, 11:52 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: That is a nasty D to start off the season against. That secondary is really good with the addition of Patrick Peterson, MacKensie Alexander back in Minnesota, and Harrison Smith. If Taylor tries to win the game throwing the ball 40 plus times, it will be a loss.

Save this for posterity.

Our offense will roll them, not a doubt in my mind.

Will we stop an awesome ground attack? That's what worries me, if I had a worry.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2021, 12:06 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Save this for posterity.

Will we stop an awesome ground attack? That's what worries me, if I had a worry.

I don't think anyone really rolls anyone week one, hence why I said a nasty D to start off with.

With the reduction in offseason stuff as well, it should be expected that the offense will start off a little out of sync since you have a QB coming off a knee injury, several new guys on the line trying to mesh and a rookie WR that will be expected to carry the load and beat Patrick Peterson.

It just isn't a good draw versus say... the Jets who are going to be struggling to find their identity early in the season.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote

Why are you so absurdly positive?
Reply/Quote

Will burrow be ready for game 1?
Reply/Quote
Be good to see how the D handles cook and company too, be nice if we can suprise them like we almost did in Seattle. Agree though first day back at school usually throws the odd upset, Jags last year against the colts(??). As someone mentions we don't know if burrow will be ready and who takes the center spot yet.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2021, 12:16 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I don't think anyone really rolls anyone week one, hence why I said a nasty D to start off with.

With the reduction in offseason stuff as well, it should be expected that the offense will start off a little out of sync since you have a QB coming off a knee injury, several new guys on the line trying to mesh and a rookie WR that will be expected to carry the load and beat Patrick Peterson.

It just isn't a good draw versus say... the Jets who are going to be struggling to find their identity early in the season.

I believe bikes also overhauled their OL
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Riley Reiff revenge game.
Reply/Quote
Mike Zimmer + young QB with barely half a season coming off of major injury + new Offensive line = Blitz City. Not looking forward to that.
Reply/Quote
Steelers open in Buffalo, Browns at Chiefs, Ravens at Vegas on Monday night.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I guess Week 1 will be the time to see if back-to-back FAs focusing on defense and taking 3 DL in the first half of this draft is enough to stop Dalvin Cook, or if it was just pissing away resources and opportunity on Lou Anarumo.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2021, 12:16 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I don't think anyone really rolls anyone week one, hence why I said a nasty D to start off with.

Here's the issue with week 1 versus a damn good defense, is 2 fold.  

1. Is Joe Burrow fully over his injury.  Are there any lingering mental issues, doubt in his offensive line, worry he might get injured again?  I mean no matter how strong an individual is there's always going to be doubt that creeps in when you have a major injury you're coming back from. 

2.  How quickly can the new pieces on the offensive line mold together?  Typically, when you add 3 maybe 4 new pieces together to a group that depends on chemistry to do their job, how long will it take before this group is blocking on an "average" level?  Because any miscommunication upfront early in the season against an aggressive defense will lead to many sacks. 

3.  I think it also depends on how does Pollacks running game take off?  How does Chase adapt to the offense?  

There's so many questions going into Game 1 against the Vikings we won't know the answers until after game one.   With having 3 Pre-Season games this season, how many games does Joe Burrow play in?  He needs games to work on timing with his receivers and his OL.  

Does the OL play together in all 3 pre-season games?  Again, there's so many questions just on the offensive side of the ball that I havent even brought the questions on the defensive side. 
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2021, 09:19 AM)pally Wrote: Steelers open in Buffalo, Browns at Chiefs, Ravens at Vegas on Monday night.

That's a brutal opening week for the AFCN. 3 road games, 2 of them against teams that were in the AFC Championship game.

Would not be surprised if the division starts 1-3, with only the Ravens getting a W.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2021, 11:52 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: That is a nasty D to start off the season against. That secondary is really good with the addition of Patrick Peterson, MacKensie Alexander back in Minnesota, and Harrison Smith. If Taylor tries to win the game throwing the ball 40 plus times, it will be a loss.

Honestly, I don't think that defense is good at all anymore. Peterson is not the guy he used to be and is really maybe a year or two left in the league. Harrison Smith is still solid but not what he used to be. Anthony Harris left in FA. Their other corners aren't very good and their defensive line has really struggled to get a pass rush recently. In fact, their defense last year was one of the worst in the leagues...far worse than ours even.

I think this game turns into a shootout.
Reply/Quote

They are in rebuild mode on defense.. they were worse than Bengals on Defensive last year... yes they had some injuries and now have some pickups  and with the transition of players.. 1st game will be a good game to face them, not saying a walk in the park but  not the Vikings Def from previous years
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2021, 09:29 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: That's a brutal opening week for the AFCN. 3 road games, 2 of them against teams that were in the AFC Championship game.

Would not be surprised if the division starts 1-3, with only the Ravens getting a W.

We look like having the better shot than Steelers and Browns, over past three seasons Vikings are around 1 game over 500 and don't have the defense that they have had in the past...
Reply/Quote