Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Schedule release
(04-22-2022, 08:14 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I am willing to bet the Bucs game will be in Germany....I don't really like that travel, but it is less of a home game for Tampa.  The Bengals are an obvious choice to play them because of their talent and best uniforms:)

I’m betting, if we go to Europe, it will be to London against the Saints. They will not want to play the Bengals in the Superdome with the potential of thousands of LSU fans turned Bengals fans in attendance. We know because of the scheduling rules that the game will have a AFC opponent. That means the only potential visiting team is the Raiders, Ravens, or Bengals.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(04-22-2022, 10:07 AM)pally Wrote: I’m betting, if we go to Europe, it will be to London against the Saints. They will not want to play the Bengals in the Superdome with the potential of thousands of LSU fans turned Bengals fans in attendance. 

The Saints have no control in who they play.  But I have no clue whay the NFL would pick them before they decided a date or opponent.

(04-22-2022, 10:07 AM)pally Wrote:  We know because of the scheduling rules that the game will have a AFC opponent.  

Everything I have seen talks about them playing an NFC team.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2022, 09:47 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Cincinnati having a strong German heritage would make sense to play in Germany.
Hopefully it'd also be during Octoberfest.

I bet you nailed it.   Huge watch party down on the square during Octoberfest!  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2022, 10:03 AM)pally Wrote: I’m betting, if we go to Europe, it will be to London against the Saints. They will not want to play the Bengals in the Superdome with the potential of thousands of LSU fans turned Bengals fans in attendance. We know because of the scheduling rules that the game will have a AFC opponent.  That means the only potential visiting team is the Raiders, Ravens, or Bengals.

Interesting point.  Someone mentioned the Cincinnati German heritage as a possible reason to go to Germany, though, and I agree with that.  Can you imagine a watch party on the square during Octoberfest?  Sign me up!
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2022, 11:07 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Interesting point.  Someone mentioned the Cincinnati German heritage as a possible reason to go to Germany, though, and I agree with that.  Can you imagine a watch party on the square during Octoberfest?  Sign me up!

will watch from Hofbrau if they are open... (what time would a germany game be here?)
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2022, 11:52 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: will watch from Hofbrau if they are open... (what time would a germany game be here?)

Similar to when the London games are. They're only one or two timezones ahead of London.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-22-2022, 12:08 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Similar to when the London games are. They're only one or two timezones ahead of London.

so 6 am?
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2022, 10:07 AM)pally Wrote: I’m betting, if we go to Europe, it will be to London against the Saints. They will not want to play the Bengals in the Superdome with the potential of thousands of LSU fans turned Bengals fans in attendance. We know because of the scheduling rules that the game will have a AFC opponent.  That means the only potential visiting team is the Raiders, Ravens, or Bengals.

This is the exact reason the game won't be moved.. I'dctually bet on it being a prime time game.. Burrow Chase, Collins and Shelvin return to Louisiana....
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2022, 10:18 AM)fredtoast Wrote: The Saints have no control in who they play.  But I have no clue whay the NFL would pick them before they decided a date or opponent.

Everything I have seen talks about them playing an NFC team.
Actually, they do have some control. The home team is allowed to protect some games from being moved. I was unable to determine how many they can protect. Teams have routinely been able to request schedule accommodations. Of course, that doesn't mean the NFL will say yes.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I meant Germany anyways, I hope we play there instead of London and hope it is against Tampa.

Hope we go into New Orleans to play the Saints, in both instances the Home field advantage for the other team would be
nullified with all the German brewskie drinkin' Bengal fans and all the LSU Burrow fans in New Orleans.
Reply/Quote
Hello to all,
this is my first text here. I am from Munich and I have red that there was a tweet of the US general consul from Munich, Timothy Liston. He had a meeting with officials from the NFL about a game from the Tampa Bay Buccaneers at the 13.Novembre 2022 in Munich. Soon later the tweet was changed in a tweet without a date. That would mean that is not in the time of the Oktoberfest.
Let's see...
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2022, 12:33 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: so 6 am?

Germany is currently 6 hours ahead of EDT. Add an hour difference when US goes to standard time.
6 AM EDT would be noon there.
They can definitely start a game later in the afternoon or evening there such that it's a more reasonable time in the US.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-22-2022, 04:12 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Germany is currently 6 hours ahead of EDT. Add an hour difference when US goes to standard time.
6 AM EDT would be noon there.
They can definitely start a game later in the afternoon or evening there such that it's a more reasonable time in the US.

gotcha was just trying to figure it out ive seen those london games on at it seems like 9 AM or so... it was odd.

But yeah they definately would need to have it a bit later local(germany) time so the West coast is up here.
Reply/Quote
There is going to be 3 Christmas games this year.... wonder if the Bengals grab one.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2022, 09:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: ---No long west coast road games this year.  Longest trip is to Dallas.  Love to get that one out of the way opening day while team is still fresh.  That is a game with a lot of national appeal.  Awuzie and Collins will give the game a bit more of a "rivalry" feel than usual NFC matchups.

---Overseas games involve 2 full days of travel.  We don't need that.  But since we only have 8 home games it would have to be one of our road games.  That means the opposing team would lose home field advantage.  All that extra travel might be worth it in that situation.

---Want to get both Browns games out of the way as early as possible.  It would be great if we could get both games in before Watson returns from suspension.  

---Our 4 big AFC non-division games (KC, Buf, NE, Ten) split pretty well.  I consider the Chiefs and Bills as the best two teams and we get both of them at home.  

---Miami now has a lot of talent, I don't know if they will be good or not, but they certainly could be.  Glad we have them at home also.  Hope this is late December/January game.  Cold weather would be a big advantage for us.

---I predict 2 prime time games in addition to the Thursday night game.  Playing the first place schedule we have a bunch of high-profile games (Dal, TB, NO, Buf, NE, Ten, KC) in addition to Pitt and Bal.  We will definitely get a home prime time game (non-Thursday)

Maybe Dallas on Thanksgiving
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2022, 01:08 PM)pally Wrote: Actually, they do have some control.  The home team is allowed to protect some games from being moved.  I was unable to determine how many they can protect. Teams have routinely been able to request schedule accommodations. Of course, that doesn't mean the NFL will say yes.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Any idea why they would name only one team?  Seems like they could decide on both teams before making any announcement.  If they have already picked one do you know what they are waiting on to pick the second?
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2022, 06:07 PM)Bengals Empire Wrote: Maybe Dallas on Thanksgiving

That would be sweet.

After I thought about I'll bet we open with a home game.  Seems like the league could do that for the Conference Champions
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2022, 04:45 PM)QueenCity Wrote: There is going to be 3 Christmas games this year.... wonder if the Bengals grab one.

Christmas is on a Sunday.

Do you mean Christmas Eve?
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2022, 06:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Christmas is on a Sunday.

Do you mean Christmas Eve?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2022-nfl-schedule-christmas-day-tripleheader-expected-to-happen-for-first-time-in-league-history/
Quote:The NFL's plan this year is to play most of the Week 16 schedule on Saturday afternoon (Christmas Eve) and then follow that up with a prime-time game on Saturday night and three games on Sunday.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2022, 06:43 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2022-nfl-schedule-christmas-day-tripleheader-expected-to-happen-for-first-time-in-league-history/

"The NFL's plan this year is to play most of the Week 16 schedule on Saturday afternoon (Christmas Eve) and then follow that up with a prime-time game on Saturday night and three games on Sunday."

So basically, there will be NFL football from 1 to 11 on back-to-back days.  And I will be on vacation.  And surrounded by food.

That works for me.
Reply/Quote