Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Schedule release
(04-22-2022, 04:12 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Germany is currently 6 hours ahead of EDT. Add an hour difference when US goes to standard time.
6 AM EDT would be noon there.
They can definitely start a game later in the afternoon or evening there such that it's a more reasonable time in the US.

For the last time. Still weird how that one kind of came out of left field.

(04-22-2022, 06:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: "The NFL's plan this year is to play most of the Week 16 schedule on Saturday afternoon (Christmas Eve) and then follow that up with a prime-time game on Saturday night and three games on Sunday."

So basically, there will be NFL football from 1 to 11 on back-to-back days.  And I will be on vacation.  And surrounded by food.

That works for me.

Basically 48 hours straight of gametime snacks and drinks? Scales across the country let out a cry.

[Image: white_goodman_fat.jpg]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2022, 04:59 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I believe the Bengals-Titans game is supposed to be in Nashville this coming season.
If it is, I will probably try to go to that.
I was there for the playoff game, and man do Titans fans not like Bengals fans cheering Who Dey lol

Ive been to three bengals games at Tenn and overall they have been one of the nicer away fans I have encountered especially AFC fans.. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I wonder if there will even be games in Europe depending on how the war in Ukraine plays out. Germany seems to be heading toward less and less enthusiasm from the west as does France for that matter not that i think the NFL will ever expand to Paris any time soon with the real possibility of le Pen winning the presidency, but that's all just speculating. London is far more likely to remain in the plans.. Yes folks.. The NFL is weighing geopolitical issues as well since it does have a LOT to do with their bottom line. I'm pretty sure you can check Moscow off the list of places we'll ever see NFL games played in the future..  Ninja
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2022, 11:10 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Ive been to three bengals games at Tenn and overall they have been one of the nicer away fans I have encountered especially AFC fans.. 

I was there for the game in '11.  Fans around me were nice.  I was sitting in the lower section.  Probably surrounded by season ticket holders.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2022, 11:49 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I was there for the game in '11.  Fans around me were nice.  I was sitting in the lower section.  Probably surrounded by season ticket holders.

I was in the upper deck for the playoff game and the fans were great. Good natured jawing back and forth. That loss stung them pretty good but they were throwing out some congratulations while we were leaving.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2022, 11:52 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: will watch from Hofbrau if they are open... (what time would a germany game be here?)

No clue, but I am guessing based on London games starting at 9am....early.
Reply/Quote
The international games will be announced on Good Morning Football Wednesday morning. The show starts at 7AM. The Bengals have a chance at either a game in Germany against the Bucs or against the Saints in London

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(04-22-2022, 09:47 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Cincinnati having a strong German heritage would make sense to play in Germany.
Hopefully it'd also be during Octoberfest.

I would consider making the trip if Oktoberfest was happening in parallel
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2022, 12:14 PM)pally Wrote: The international games will be announced on Good Morning Football  Wednesday morning.  The show starts at 7AM.  The Bengals have a chance at either a game in Germany against the Bucs or against the Saints in London

I noticed during the draft they had Panthers, Chiefs and Bucs fans in Germany announce some picks.   In the UK they had Jaguars, Jets and Bears fans.  I wonder if that was a hint?

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2022, 11:10 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Ive been to three bengals games at Tenn and overall they have been one of the nicer away fans I have encountered especially AFC fans.. 

I've never been and can't speak to first-hand experiences, but they were far and away the worst fans on Twitter this past season, rude, crass, incredibly-ignorant and just complete assholes.

Then there were the reports of our fans having stuff thrown at them during the tailgate (just Tweets, no definitive proof) and there was the fan who was followed, went back to a restaurant to get his phone that he forgot and never made it back because Titans fans jumped him, beat him to a pulp and the wife only found him in an area hospital, 2 or 3 days later.

And their LockedOn guy was easily the most-smug and rude/obnoxious jerk of all the opposing teams we faced this year. The KC guy was smug and had a, "better than you," attitude before the first game, then was a bit more alert and aware the second game lol, but he was always gracious and welcoming. The Titans guy picked fights with fans on Twitter and flung insults like nothing.

**** the Titans.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2022, 01:47 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I've never been and can't speak to first-hand experiences, but they were far and away the worst fans on Twitter this past season, rude, crass, incredibly-ignorant and just complete assholes.

Then there were the reports of our fans having stuff thrown at them during the tailgate (just Tweets, no definitive proof) and there was the fan who was followed, went back to a restaurant to get his phone that he forgot and never made it back because Titans fans jumped him, beat him to a pulp and the wife only found him in an area hospital, 2 or 3 days later.

And their LockedOn guy was easily the most-smug and rude/obnoxious jerk of all the opposing teams we faced this year. The KC guy was smug and had a, "better than you," attitude before the first game, then was a bit more alert and aware the second game lol, but he was always gracious and welcoming. The Titans guy picked fights with fans on Twitter and flung insults like nothing.

**** the Titans.

I agree with Truck, Titan fans were sore after losing to Bengals.  Vehemently anti-Bengals similarly to Raiders fans.  So I guess the Bengals will just have to beat them again.  Attitude
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2022, 12:14 PM)pally Wrote: The international games will be announced on Good Morning Football  Wednesday morning.  The show starts at 7AM.  The Bengals have a chance at either a game in Germany against the Bucs or against the Saints in London

I'd think given Cincy's connection with Germany we'd be a good sell there. Plus you get to see the old GOAT versus the new Goat. WTS I think the NFL wants that one to be prime time. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Sending us to London to play the Saints would be a huge missed opportunity. Burrow and Chase coming back to Louisiana together is a no-brainer.

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2022, 06:17 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Sending us to London to play the Saints would be a huge missed opportunity. Burrow and Chase coming back to Louisiana together is a no-brainer.

Saints fans want it in NOLA too. One guy wants too see what happens when the warring Who-Dey and Who-dat chants merge into one. They have a whole thread on the matchup on their Saints report board.

So far I’m liking them. The thread is in good fun. They seem to save their animosity for the Falcons and Bucs

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(05-04-2022, 08:41 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

Interesting. Thank you for posting this. 
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2022, 08:41 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

I see the story on ESPN now:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33853716/seattle-seahawks-face-tampa-bay-buccaneers-munich-nov-13
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2022, 05:19 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I've been to a couple Titans/Bengals games including the playoff game last year. Their fans are so lame. Just not a ton of passion or ***** given by them. 
Titan Up….what a lame battle cry….
Reply/Quote
The first reaction from Saints fans was excitement because it meant the Bengals game is in NOLA. This game has Sunday night or maybe Thanksgiving night written all over it.

This is THE game they have all highlighted on the schedule

Reply/Quote
Happy that we don't have to travel overseas to play.
Reply/Quote