Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sciency folks are funny
(10-12-2015, 12:12 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Not surprising to see Mr. Educated and Knowledgeable ridicule someone when he doesn't understand what the other person is discussing due to his own lack of education and knowledge of the subject matter.  Look guy, even dumb grunts who have been to sniper school know about the Coriolus  Effect because they are taught how to account for it to determine a firing solution.

http://thearmsguide.com/5329/external-ballistics-the-coriolis-effect-6-theory-section/

In other words, if all things are equal the strike of the round will change by more than 8 inches horizontally (left to right or right to left) based upon nothing more than your position on the Earth's surface due to the Coriolis Effect in the example above.

This would perhaps make sense if Nugent was attempting a 1000 yard FG. So three questions:

Does that  Coriolus effect  the dumb grunt snipers have to be aware of have anything to do with mushrooms

Do you believe the FG was good because the earth rotated?

Does the direction you are facing have any impact on the Coriolis Effect?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-12-2015, 01:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This would perhaps make sense if Nugent was attempting a 1000 yard FG. So three questions:

The velocity of a round and the velocity of a football are different, thus the Coriolis effect would affect them differently.  Read the article.  The Coriolis effect affects everything not firmly attached to the ground.

Quote:Does that  Coriolus effect  the dumb grunt snipers have to be aware of have anything to do with mushrooms

Mushrooms are kept in the dark and fed shit.  From experience, dumb grunts receive similar treatment.  Look at your keyboard.

Quote:Do you believe the FG was good because the earth rotated?

Read the damn tweet, "likely enabled by 1/3rd-in deflection to the right, caused by Earth's Rotation."  The Coriolis effect affected the trajectory of the football by 1/3rd of an inch to the right, apparently.  I didn't calculate the deflection using the equation nor do I intend to, but I'm not stupid and uneducated enough to deny it had an affect.  Was the field goal trajectory affected by the Coriolis effect?  Yes.  Was it the sole reason the field goal was good?  No. The Coriolis effect isn't the sole reason a sniper's round finds its intended target, but is "likely enabled" by factoring it into the firing solution.

Quote:Does the direction you are facing have any impact on the Coriolis Effect?

Read the damn article.  The direction you face (shooting azimuth) affects the rise and fall of a round.  The latitude affects the horizontal deflection.  Horizontal deflection is to the right in the Northern Hemisphere and to the left in the Southern Hemisphere. Anyone who has ever flushed a toilet has seen an example of the Coriolis effect.  Do they still use outhouses in your part of Kentucky?
(10-12-2015, 02:41 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: The velocity of a round and the velocity of a football are different, thus the Coriolis effect would affect them differently.  Read the article.  The Coriolis effect affects everything not firmly attached to the ground.

Mushrooms are kept in the dark and fed shit.  From experience, dumb grunts receive similar treatment.  Look at your keyboard.

Read the damn tweet, "likely enabled by 1/3rd-in deflection to the right, caused by Earth's Rotation."  The Coriolis effect affected the trajectory of the football by 1/3rd of an inch to the right, apparently.  I didn't calculate the deflection using the equation nor do I intend to, but I'm not stupid and uneducated enough to deny it had an affect.  Was the field goal trajectory affected by the Coriolis effect?  Yes.  Was it the sole reason the field goal was good?  No. The Coriolis effect isn't the sole reason a sniper's round finds its intended target, but is "likely enabled" by factoring it into the firing solution.

Read the damn article.  The direction you face (shooting azimuth) affects the rise and fall of a round.  The latitude affects the horizontal deflection.  Horizontal deflection is to the right in the Northern Hemisphere and to the left in the Southern Hemisphere. Anyone who has ever flushed a toilet has seen an example of the Coriolis effect.  Do they still use outhouses in your part of Kentucky?
I suppose yes or no was too difficult.

So are you saying the direction you are facing has an effect on the Coriolis Effect

Unfortunately I've never been to Paul brown stadium but I assume for this to be true, the field is oriented along earth's Z axis and the nuge was kicking into the south side. I suppose if he was kicking into the north side it would have banged off. 
(10-12-2015, 02:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I suppose yes or no was too difficult.

Cry me an f'n river.

Quote:So are you saying the direction you are facing has an effect on the Coriolis Effect

What did I write the last time?

"The direction you face (shooting azimuth) affects the rise and fall of a round.  The latitude affects the horizontal deflection.  Horizontal deflection is to the right in the Northern Hemisphere and to the left in the Southern Hemisphere." 

Are you too stupid to figure it out?  Or are you still on your never-ending menstrual cycle?  Feel free to answer with as many words as you would like.  Shooting azimuth affects Eotvos effect.  Latitude affects Coriolis effect.

Read.  The.  *****.  Article.
(10-12-2015, 03:10 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Cry me an f'n river.

"The direction you face (shooting azimuth) affects the rise and fall of a round.  The latitude affects the horizontal deflection.  Horizontal deflection is to the right in the Northern Hemisphere and to the left in the Southern Hemisphere." 

Are you too stupid to figure it out?  Or are you still on your never-ending menstrual cycle?  Feel free to answer with as many words as you would like.  Shooting azimuth affects Eotvos effect.  Latitude affects Coriolis effect.

You realize he already knows all of this, right ?
:hooked:
(10-12-2015, 09:33 AM)Blutarsky Wrote: Yeah right, he "loathes" science.

Did some bible thumping Christian cure the best gay lover you ever had?  Is that why all the contempt for Christianity?

I would respond, but it looks like you're currently looking at people's posts and wondering why you can't respond.

(You got banned)
(10-12-2015, 05:07 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: I would respond, but it looks like you're currently looking at people's posts and wondering why you can't respond.

(You got banned)

Have so assume it was that statement as well.  
(10-12-2015, 03:10 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Cry me an f'n river.

I just enjoy seeing you bust a spring.

WTS, saying the FG was good because the earth moved is a funny thing to say.

(10-12-2015, 04:28 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: You realize he already knows all of this, right ?
:hooked:

He doesn't.
(10-12-2015, 06:15 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: He doesn't.

I, of course, could be wrong.
I may be misremembering his activity in previous threads, concerning firearms.
What was within my thinking was back when I occasionally lurked the old P&R forum, so I hadn't any archives to refer to.
:snark:

Side question.....
Who else uses a ballistic calculator program on their phone and what is it ?
(No, I don't do it on paper. I'm lazy)
Last one I used was a free one; Strelok
(10-12-2015, 06:15 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: He doesn't.

I get the same feeling. If he knew what he was talking about, he wouldn't be saying Tyson is "silly" for merely explaining how physics enabled the FG.

But you can't really blame him. He has a grudge against Tyson because he said on Cosmos that evolution is real. Stoopid sciency guys. 
(10-12-2015, 06:24 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: I, of course, could be wrong.
I may be misremembering his activity in previous threads, concerning firearms.
What was within my thinking was back when I occasionally lurked the old P&R forum, so I hadn't any archives to refer to.

It is just amusing to watch them constantly try to seem intellectually superior. 

Not saying they are not (not saying they are either); it's just amusing how hard they try to prove it. 

(10-12-2015, 05:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I just enjoy seeing you bust a spring.

WTS, saying the FG was good because the earth moved is a funny thing to say.

Reading your stupid statements is amusing, but trying to teach you something is annoying as ****.  Thank god my Drill Sergeant orders got deleted because I'd be in jail if I had to teach people like you.

http://education.nationalgeographic.com/encyclopedia/coriolis-effect/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2mec3vgeaI

The speed of the earth is fastest at the equator and slowest at the poles.  If Nugent is kicking toward the north end zone the ball deflects to (Nugent's) right because the ball is located closer to the equator so it's relative speed is faster than the goal post as it travels through the air.  If Nugent is kicking toward the south end zone the ball deflects to (Nugent's) right because the goal post is closer to the equator and moving faster than the relative speed of the ball kicked from a point farther away from the equator.  So it doesn't matter if Nugent is kicking north or south because the deflection is to right both times (in the Northern Hemisphere.)
(10-12-2015, 06:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It is just amusing to watch them constantly try to seem intellectually superior. 

Not saying they are not (not saying they are either); it's just amusing how hard they try to prove it. 

We are all superior/inferior (advanced/********) to one another, in some form or other.
Rock On
(10-12-2015, 06:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It is just amusing to watch them constantly try to seem intellectually superior. 

Dude, who started the thread implying an astrophysicist was wrong about physics?
(10-12-2015, 06:57 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Dude, who started the thread implying an astrophysicist was wrong about physics?

Now comes the part where he says "Hey, I didn't say he was WRONG... I just said he was silly and refused to say he WASN'T wrong. *Lame snarky comment*. I'm educated and knowledgeable."
(10-12-2015, 07:02 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: Now comes the part where he says "Hey, I didn't say he was WRONG... I just said he was silly and refused to say he WASN'T wrong. *Lame snarky comment*. I'm educated and knowledgeable."

I'm not going to lie.....
I laughed.

LOL
(10-12-2015, 07:02 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: Now comes the part where he says "Hey, I didn't say he was WRONG... I just said he was silly and refused to say he WASN'T wrong. *Lame snarky comment*. I'm educated and knowledgeable."

Pretty much this. Whether he's "wrong" or not is irrelevant.  Did anybody happen to get the wind direction, speed, humidity, barometric pressure, ... I do, however, appreciate the effort that is going into refuting something I never said and now he even has a helper.

But enough about me. 

(10-12-2015, 07:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Pretty much this. Whether he's "wrong" or not is irrelevant.  Did anybody happen to get the wind direction, speed, humidity, barometric pressure, ... I do, however, appreciate the effort that is going into refuting something I never said and now he even has a helper.

But enough about me. 

Yup, knew it. So why did you even bother posting since I already gave him your lame response? 

And be honest dude... You don't even know what barometric pressure is, do you?