Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sciency folks are funny
(10-12-2015, 07:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Pretty much this. Whether he's "wrong" or not is irrelevant.  Did anybody happen to get the wind direction, speed, humidity, barometric pressure, ... I do, however, appreciate the effort that is going into refuting something I never said and now he even has a helper.

So what is your point?  Sciency folk like Neil DeGrasse Tyson are funny?  And he is funny because he is right?  We both know what you meant so don't be such a BengalRugby.

Quote:But enough about me.

Who started the thread?
(10-12-2015, 07:23 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: Yup, knew it. So why did you even bother posting since I already gave him your lame response? 

And be honest dude... You don't even know what barometric pressure is, do you?

Because he asked me not you. You just felt compelled to answer. 

Barometric pressure is another name used for atmospheric pressure, It is often called Barometric pressure because it is measured using the barometric formula. Of course the formula must assume a constant pressure, just as I speculate the formula the Science guy used to calculate the change of direction in the ball assumed the ball's movement has not effected by wind speed and direction.  
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-12-2015, 07:28 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Who started the thread?

I did. I just didn't start one about me; however, I can only assume the number of posts it would receive. 

(10-12-2015, 07:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I did. I just didn't start one about me; however, I can only assume the number of posts it would receive. 

You started the thread.  You claimed sciency folk are funny in your opinion.  You implied Neil deGrasse Tyson is funny because he is wrong in your opinion.  Again, what was your point?
(10-12-2015, 08:21 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: You started the thread.  You claimed sciency folk are funny in your opinion.  You implied Neil deGrasse Tyson is funny because he is wrong in your opinion.  Again, what was your point?

That sciency folks sometimes sound silly. Attributing the made FG to the earth's movement is one of those times. 

Sure pinheads with pocket protectors will say "He is correct about the effect you know" and go on and on about various other scientific theories.; however, a football fan looks and that and laughs. Sorta like I'm doing right now. 

(10-12-2015, 06:24 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: I get the same feeling. If he knew what he was talking about, he wouldn't be saying Tyson is "silly" for merely explaining how physics enabled the FG.

But you can't really blame him. He has a grudge against Tyson because he said on Cosmos that evolution is real. Stoopid sciency guys. 

[Image: daa44654546f9e6e0cdeb15876e61313.jpg]

[Image: e8bfe40b4a3d25678a31861c463805ea.jpg]

And... not a draw as String Theory deserves another plus and the Beatdown category is irrelevant.
(10-12-2015, 08:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: That sciency folks sometimes sound silly. Attributing the made FG to the earth's movement is one of those times. 

Sure pinheads with pocket protectors will say "He is correct about the effect you know" and go on and on about various other scientific theories.; however, a football fan looks and that and laughs. Sorta like I'm doing right now. 

Read the statement again, Mr. I Didn't Say That.  He wrote "likely enabled."  If it wasn't for the 1/3rd inch deflection to the right the field goal is probably no good.  One can't say with 100% certainty either way.  You claim to be intelligent and educated, yet once again you ridicule those "pinheads with pocket protectors" like Neil deGrasse Tyson who really are intelligent and educated. LOL

This is more pathetic than your octopus thread.  You're laughing at Neil deGrasse Tyson because he is right, but sounds silly  to you because you don't have a clue what he is discussing.  I'm laughing at you because you are wrong and you sound silly because I have a clue what he is discussing.
(10-12-2015, 08:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: That sciency folks sometimes sound silly. Attributing the made FG to the earth's movement is one of those times. 

If only he was a creationist who did some brain surgery. I bet he'd be smart as hell then.

But you're right: people saying he said something scientifically accurate are "pinheads" because football fans who don't care about science are laughing. 

Remember when that National Review article told you to hate Neil Degrasse Tyson for some reason? You did a good job absorbing their opinion without thinking critically. Good work.
(10-12-2015, 09:24 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: If only he was a creationist who did some brain surgery. I bet he'd be smart as hell then.

But you're right: people saying he said something scientifically accurate are "pinheads" because football fans who don't care about science are laughing. 

Remember when that National Review article told you to hate Neil Degrasse Tyson for some reason? You did a good job absorbing their opinion without thinking critically. Good work.

Nope, I was just watching football. 

(10-12-2015, 08:47 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: [Image: daa44654546f9e6e0cdeb15876e61313.jpg]

[Image: e8bfe40b4a3d25678a31861c463805ea.jpg]

And... not a draw as String Theory deserves another plus and the Beatdown category is irrelevant.

Doesn't matter. All three of them are silly because they don't have enough common sense to realize the earth is less than 10,000 years old and think they're smarter than Ken Ham.
(10-12-2015, 09:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nope, I was just watching football. 

... Until Tyson ruined it all by forcing you to read his Tweets and have your mind poisoned with that anti-Christ "sciency" stuff.
(10-12-2015, 03:07 PM)Naranja Tigre Wrote: Unfortunately I've never been to Paul brown stadium but I assume for this to be true, the field is oriented along earth's Z axis and the nuge was kicking into the south side. I suppose if he was kicking into the north side it would have banged off. 

I didn't need confirmation you weren't an engineering major, but thank you.
(10-12-2015, 09:21 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Read the statement again, Mr. I Didn't Say That.  He wrote "likely enabled."  
You do realize what enable means?

So he said that the effect likely made the kick able. You can consider that not attributing (caused by) the FG to the earth's rotation if you want.

Just keep telling yourself how smart you are. 

(10-12-2015, 09:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You do realize what enable means?

So he said that the effect likely made the kick able. You can consider that not attributing (caused by) the FG to the earth's rotation if you want.

Just keep telling yourself how smart you are. 

The only person I've seen on this board tell their self how smart they are is you.

"I am educated and knowledgeable."
(10-12-2015, 09:31 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: ... Until Tyson ruined it all by forcing you to read his Tweets and have your mind poisoned with that anti-Christ "sciency" stuff.

No one was forced. I read them and found them amusing. I knew about the effect prior to his attributing a made FG to it. 

As to the "anti- Christ" assertion (you really have issues), the bible points to the Earth's rotation. Job refers to it turning like clay. 

(10-12-2015, 09:40 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: The only person I've seen on this board tell their self how smart they are is you.

"I am educated and knowledgeable."

I am educated and knowledgeable; what does this have to do with me claiming to be smart. This was simply a rebuttal to someone stating I was afraid of knowledge, but I see it had quite an impression on you. 

If you want to say you've never claimed to have superior intellect then that's a lie you can own. 

(10-12-2015, 09:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No one was forced. I read them and found them amusing. I knew about the effect prior to his attributing a made FG to it. 

As to the "anti- Christ" assertion (you really have issues), the bible points to the Earth's rotation. Job refers to it turning like clay. 

Yes, I know he did not literally force you to read them. 

I do not believe that you knew about "the effect" at all, and judging by your insistence about how silly his comments were, I'm unconvinced you understand it now, either.

My issue with Christ-y stuff would be the same as your issue with sciency stuff if not for the fact that the sciency stuff is actually true.

The Bible also mentions the nonexistent firmament, but I understand educated and knowledgeable Christians know that all the transparently false things the Bible says about the universe don't count (except the no evolution part) and only the few things it kinda got right really matter.
(10-12-2015, 09:50 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: Yes, I know he did not literally force you to read them. 

I do not believe that you knew about "the effect" at all, and judging by your insistence about how silly his comments were, I'm unconvinced you understand it now, either.

My issue with Christ-y stuff would be the same as your issue with sciency stuff if not for the fact that the sciency stuff is actually true.

The Bible also mentions the nonexistent firmament, but I understand educated and knowledgeable Christians know that all the transparently false things the Bible says about the universe don't count (except the no evolution part) and only the few things it kinda got right really matter.

The firmament was most likely someone trying to explain our sphere (atmosphere) 6,000 years ago, before science deemed the world was flat. 

This will be my last reference to religion in this thread. Matter of fact the game is on, I'm going to witness the effects of the earth's rotation.  

What the hell is this thread about?
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(10-12-2015, 09:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The firmament was most likely someone trying to explain our sphere (atmosphere) 6,000 years ago, before science deemed the world was flat. 

This will be my last reference to religion in this thread. Matter of fact the game is on, I'm going to witness the effects of the earth's rotation.  

Genesis was not written anywhere near 6,000 years ago. But thanks for proving my point. The writer of Genesis gets a pass on his (divinely inspired?) ignorance, therefore it doesn't count.

Enjoy the game.