Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Scientific Explanation for Bengals Lack of Success
(03-17-2021, 10:35 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Gets fed shit: “Wow, this tastes like shit.”

OP: It’s your fault it tastes like shit.

That’s just your brain telling you it tastes like shit, so it’s really all in your head.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2021, 12:46 PM)masterpanthera_t Wrote: Hmm, what abilities must Paul Brown have possessed to have overcome the hordes of pessimistic fans in the first twenty years of the franchise? Must be the main reason he's a HOFer, scientifically speaking.

I think it was the hope and optimism. No time machine here but I can imagine a collective middle finger to Cleveland had a lot of "fans" pulling for us and the fact it was something new and shiny.

I remember when I learned attitude was contagious. I haven't seen any reason to doubt it.
Little did I know the miserable pessimist "fan" sitting at home talking hella shit about "their" team was poisoning the well the whole time too.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2021, 10:31 AM)BleedNOrange Wrote: Did you...Did you just blame the fans?  My goodness.  I have no words.

(I really hope this post was tongue-in-cheek.  I just can't tell.)

It was

'nt
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 05:19 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I think it was the hope and optimism. No time machine here but I can imagine a collective middle finger to Cleveland had a lot of "fans" pulling for us and the fact it was something new and shiny.

I remember when I learned attitude was contagious. I haven't seen any reason to doubt it.
Little did I know the miserable pessimist "fan" sitting at home talking hella shit about "their" team was poisoning the well the whole time too.

I'm pretty sure since wears off a lot sooner than 20 years.  Not to mention,  the Cleveland situation hasn't changed in the last 50 years. 

You're reaching way out there with this attitude thing. The teams from 2005 -2009 didn't suddenly become good in spite of fan attitude.  Nor did the 2011-2015 editions. 
If you want to blame anyone's attitude,  blame that of the FO. A totally uninspired and creativity-less outfit,  which required 15 years of futility before changing behavior,  and still refuses to change completely in the face of mountains of evidence that better approaches exist in the NFL.

The Browns have broken a playoff non-win streak,  and I fail to see how their fans had any less of a defeatist attitude than us before their win.

EDIT:
That was a serious response assuming you were serious.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote