Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scientists Watch As Wasps Diverge To Become Separate Species
(10-31-2015, 02:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't think you have talked to any "sciency" people, because I don't see anything funny at all about this study of wasps and flies.  where is the funny part that I am missing?

BTW how exactly do you define a "sciency" person?  Is everyone who agrees with the scientific method a "sciency" person?  Who exactly is NOT a "sciency" person.

I define a sciency person as a scientist. Sorta like the person in Dino's "funny' meme.

As to the cited article; I find it funny they they consider wasps that adapt to different environments or other slight variances to be different species.

I have a Boxer and a Cocker Spaniel; they are nothing alike, but they are both dogs,

WTS, bye,
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-31-2015, 02:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yes, anyone that can read can clearly see that I chose not to focus on the OP, but rather focus on a poster. Once again, my apologies for forcing you folks to focus on me.

I thought you were done with PnR and all these sciency folk.
(10-31-2015, 02:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I define a sciency person as a scientist. Sorta like the person in Dino's "funny' meme.

As to the cited article; I find it funny they they consider wasps that adapt to different environments or other slight variances to be different species.

I have a Boxer and a Cocker Spaniel; they are nothing alike, but they are both dogs,

WTS, bye,

You know what I think is funny?  Someone who is too stupid to understand what constitutes a new species laughing at someone who does.

A Cocker Spaniel and a Boxer can cross breed.  That is because they are part of the same species.  But these flies can not.  That is why they are considered to be different species.
(10-31-2015, 02:24 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: I thought you were done with PnR and all these sciency folk.

I do not post nearly as often; however, there were a couple PMs asking me to remain and not all from folks I agree with. Just from nobody that is obsessed with me and tracks my posts closely.

Bye.

(10-31-2015, 02:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I do not post nearly as often; however, there were a couple PMs asking me to remain and not all from folks I agree with. Just from nobody that is obsessed with me and tracks my posts closely.

Bye.

Peace
(10-31-2015, 02:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You know what I think is funny?  Someone who is too stupid to understand what constitutes a new species laughing at someone who does.

A Cocker Spaniel and a Boxer can cross breed.  That is because they are part of the same species.  But these flies can not.  That is why they are considered to be different species.

Hell a donkey and a horse can crossbreed; however, their off-spring cannot. Does this mean they are the same species?

See we each find different things funny; that's what makes the world go round.

Disclaimer: I know this is not what really makes the world go round.

Corrected my original post,

(10-31-2015, 02:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Hell a rabbit and a cat can crossbreed

No they can't.

More evidence that you have no clue what youre speaking about when it comes to this subject. Until you decide to learn, you should probably stay out of any evolution thread. If you would genuinely take the time to understand how it works, I would welcome you into these discussions with open arms.

Here is a short animation explaining speciation. It's only 2:38 in length....and even my 8th graders can understand it. It might be a good place for you to start:

https://www.hhmi.org/biointeractive/anole-lizards-example-speciation
(10-31-2015, 02:40 PM)Beaker Wrote: No they can't.

More evidence that you have no clue what youre speaking about when it comes to this subject. Until you decide to learn, you should probably stay out of any evolution thread. If you would genuinely take the time to understand how it works, I would welcome you into these discussions with open arms.

Here is a short animation explaining speciation. It's only 2:38 in length....and even my 8th graders can understand it. It might be a good place for you to start:

https://www.hhmi.org/biointeractive/anole-lizards-example-speciation

How are mules made?

(10-31-2015, 02:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Hell a donkey and a horse can crossbreed; however, their off-spring cannot. Does this mean they are the same species?

Horses and Donkeys are different species.  The fact that they can not produce a fertile offspring proves this.  
(10-31-2015, 02:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I do not post nearly as often; however, there were a couple PMs asking me to remain and not all from folks I agree with. Just from nobody that is obsessed with me and tracks my posts closely.

Bye.

Happy to see I am not the only one being stalked lol

Between the stalkers and the crybabies this forum has taken a turn for the worse.

Disagreements are healthy it's a shame that some just can't agree to disagree and still have a reasonable discussion. I disagree with Richmond quite often but it's always been civil. And sometimes we just throw our hands in the air and log off for the night haha
(10-31-2015, 01:10 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Sciency folks are funny.

Would you care to make a definitive statement or continue making ambiguous insinuations only to later claim you never said that?

Kinda like you swore off this section, but didn't.
(10-31-2015, 01:54 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Where did bfine say he didn't care about science?  

Oh right .... he didn't

(10-31-2015, 04:52 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Would you care to make a definitive statement or continue making ambiguous insinuations only to later claim you never said that?

Kinda like you swore off this section, but didn't.

Wait...who used to do that?   Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Too dull to understand scientific information? Ridicule it.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

(10-31-2015, 04:07 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Happy to see I am not the only one being stalked lol  

Between the stalkers and the crybabies this forum has taken a turn for the worse.  

I've kinda quit posting in here for the most part.  This forum has become childish and pathetic.  Childish can be a fun thing, but this is more of a whiny annoying just-shut-the-hell-up type of childish.

People whine about others "making it personal" constantly, all while continuing to make shit personal themselves.  No one is able to handle the exact attitude that they always deal out.  

People getting all pissy that someone is "stalking" them on a public forum where all information is.......public information that they put out there themselves.

Continual threats of leaving the forum forever to get attention.  Multiple troll accounts from formerly respected members.  Nonstop derailing of topics to call out other posters.  Etc..

Shit's weak.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

(10-31-2015, 04:07 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Happy to see I am not the only one being stalked lol  

Disagreements are healthy it's a shame that some just can't agree to disagree and still have a reasonable discussion.   I disagree with Richmond quite often but it's always been civil.   And sometimes we just throw our hands in the air and log off for the night haha

You're not being stalked.   Rolleyes  But, even if you were it is part of God's plan.  Stop bad mouthing God!
(10-31-2015, 06:01 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: This forum has become childish and pathetic. 

Johnny Cupcakes Wrote:Too dull to understand scientific information? Ridicule it.

No doubt

Johnny Cupcakes Wrote:Shit's weak.

(10-31-2015, 01:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Hey, every comment is about me. Who woulda guessed.

You've wrote the same thing before with the same result which is why you did it again.

Don't cry about getting burnt because you stuck your hand in the fire when you did it on purpose fully knowing the results.  

I think you're funny, too.
(10-31-2015, 07:01 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: You've wrote the same thing before with the same result which is why you did it again.
Who knew I had such power over people.

(10-31-2015, 02:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Look just one post up from your. My apologies for making folks focus on me.

Well, then maybe you would like to discuss the topic.  Oh, wait . . . you never intended to discuss the topic.
(10-31-2015, 07:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Who knew I had such power over people.

Well, in all fairness, you place the majority of the blame on the Mods.

Aren't you worried about what is happening with your IP address?