Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scientists Watch As Wasps Diverge To Become Separate Species
(10-31-2015, 03:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Horses and Donkeys are different species.  The fact that they can not produce a fertile offspring proves this.  

But they can breed and there are cases of fertile female mules, right?

As to the silliness (IMO) of the OP I'll address it as it appears to have many upset.

There are over a million species of insect. The fact that folks would waste time and money closely tracking wasps that prey on different variety of fruit flies (maggots) and suggest they "could" be diverging into different species simply because they choose to prey on different types of fruit flies and the abstract of the paper they write http://www.pnas.org/content/early/2015/10/20/1424717112.abstract contains "woulds, coulds, mights..."  took 7 scientists to come to this conclusion to me is funny. These new species could simply be a result of hybrid speciation (2 different species breeding to form a "new species".

I get that some are geeked up about such things; however, I am not one of them. perhaps I'm too "dull".

[Image: funny-Bill-Nye-science.jpg]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-31-2015, 06:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No doubt

Go rep yourself, King.  Now that shit's weak....
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

(10-31-2015, 08:48 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Go rep yourself, King.  Now that shit's weak....

Not another gullible one that believes something simply because someone said so. Thought we were "better" than that.

Guess not.

(10-31-2015, 06:01 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I've kinda quit posting in here for the most part.  This forum has become childish and pathetic.  Childish can be a fun thing, but this is more of a whiny annoying just-shut-the-hell-up type of childish.

People whine about others "making it personal" constantly, all while continuing to make shit personal themselves.  No one is able to handle the exact attitude that they always deal out.  

People getting all pissy that someone is "stalking" them on a public forum where all information is.......public information that they put out there themselves.

Continual threats of leaving the forum forever to get attention.  Multiple troll accounts from formerly respected members.  Nonstop derailing of topics to call out other posters.  Etc..

Shit's weak.

This is the biggest problem. No one has the balls to put their name on the crap they post. I have no issue with anyone being an ahole here just be willing to put your name on it.

The only reason you make multiple accounts is because you are ashamed of what you are going to post. Which begs the question .... Why not have the balls to put your name on it .... Unless your goal is to derail and cause problems.
(10-31-2015, 10:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Not another gullible one that believes something simply because someone said so. Thought we were "better" than that.

Guess not.

You know what? You're right. That was petty of me. I should not take rumors and re-state them as fact.  I apologize.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

(10-31-2015, 02:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: How are mules made?

By humans. Horses and donkeys are closely related enough that the sperm and egg will be viable together. But the two species are put together to breed by humans. Cats and rabbits are not closely related enough. The sperm cannot fertilize the egg. Mules were bred to produce a strong working beast of burden. Nobody is producing any cabbits.
(11-01-2015, 09:21 AM)Beaker Wrote: By humans. Horses and donkeys are closely related enough that the sperm and egg will be viable together. But the two species are put together to breed by humans. Cats and rabbits are not closely related enough. The sperm cannot fertilize the egg. Mules were bred to produce a strong working beast of burden. Nobody is producing any cabbits.
So mules are made by humans? You learn something new everyday. What are your thoughts on hybrid speciation?

(11-01-2015, 10:27 AM)bfine32 Wrote: So mules are made by humans? You learn something new everyday. What are your thoughts on hybrid speciation?

Rolleyes

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(11-01-2015, 10:27 AM)bfine32 Wrote: So mules are made by humans? You learn something new everyday. What are your thoughts on hybrid speciation?

(11-01-2015, 10:27 AM)bfine32 Wrote: What are your thoughts on hybrid speciation?

Hybrid speciation requires two different species to start with.  That did not happen in this study.  They isolated a single species and it evolved into two different species.
(11-01-2015, 10:27 AM)bfine32 Wrote: So mules are made by humans? You learn something new everyday.

If that's a revelation to you, no wonder you are so confused by evolution.
I want an F'n cabbit !!
:angry:
(10-31-2015, 10:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Not another gullible one that believes something simply because someone said so. Thought we were "better" than that.

Guess not.

I think he took it on faith that it was true.  (If he didn't take it on faith without any proof he would be closed minded, right?)
(10-31-2015, 11:14 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: This is the biggest problem.   No one has the balls to put their name on the crap they post.   I have no issue with anyone being an ahole here just be willing to put your name on it.  

The only reason you make multiple accounts is because you are ashamed of what you are going to post.   Which begs the question .... Why not have the balls to put your name on it .... Unless your goal is to derail and cause problems.

This is the first time, evar, that I'm going to give you credit for some first rate trolling.  Well done.