Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scouting Combine Boom/Bust
(02-27-2018, 05:32 PM)bengalsdh Wrote: This guy is the Qb turned receiver right?

Not that I'm aware of. Came out a HS a a 3-4 star recruit WR.

Goggle some videos and you can see his athleticism. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2018, 09:22 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Two Booms
Tavern Bryan Florida DT/DE- He will earn a top 10 pick
Kentavius Street NC State DT- will move up to a top 100 pick from a 6th 7th Rd selection
Two Bust
Baker Mayfield Oklahoma QB- Move from top 10 to late first early second
Joshua Jackson Iowa CB - He will move from top 20 to second RD.
On what planet do u see Josh Jackson busting? He's easily the second best CB after ward, possibly the first and his athletic ability is off the charts.
(02-26-2018, 10:37 PM)Synric Wrote: Vita Vea...for the top tackle in the draft he spends alot of time on the ground.
U do realize he ran a sub 4.85 40 right? And ive watched most if not all his games and he's not on his back very much. Usually pushing the other players on their back.
Reply/Quote
Jt Barrett is gonna be the biggest Boomer. And Denzel ward. Possible combine record in the 40? And bust is Kolton miller. Like him less than brown Jr.
S/n: no way Derwin James busts. He's gonna post damn close to a 48 inch vert and run a sub 4.4
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2018, 06:10 PM)Jpoore Wrote: U do realize he ran a sub 4.85 40 right?  And ive watched most if not all his games and he's not on his back very much. Usually pushing the other players on their back.

For one he runs today and secondly I noticed he was on the ground alot which was backed up by NFL.com.

Quote:Loses his feet and hits the turf too often. Base and footwork can be compromised when he gets too far out over his toes. Has a tendency to allow pad level to rise too much during rep. Lacks feel for double teams and blocking schemes. Second block catches him off-guard and he often does not have hands in position to work against doubles. Initial get-off is below average. Heavy-stepper as a pass rusher. Doesn't have flexibility or foot quickness to win around the edge as pass rusher. Too quick to default to brute force over technique. Teams may view him as run down player only.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2018/profiles/vita-vea?id=2559810&id=2559810

Edit:NFL Network tricked me lol they are replaying 2017 dline linebackers today.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(02-27-2018, 06:12 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Jt Barrett is gonna be the biggest Boomer. And Denzel ward. Possible combine record in the 40? And bust is Kolton miller. Like him less than brown Jr.
S/n: no way Derwin James busts. He's gonna post damn close to a 48 inch vert and run a sub 4.4

Hard to find anybody around here that loves James more than I do and I think he’ll blow up the combine, but I just can’t see him breaking 4.4 if he’s also been adding weight to get into the 220’s. I think he’ll break 4.5 which is plenty impressive in a 6’3” 220+ lbs guy.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2018, 07:43 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Hard to find anybody around here that loves James more than I do and I think he’ll blow up the combine, but I just can’t see him breaking 4.4 if he’s also been adding weight to get into the 220’s. I think he’ll break 4.5 which is plenty impressive in a 6’3” 220+ lbs guy.

I've been on James just as hard as you, and would love if we took James. He'll be in that 4:38-4.42. I think he was playing in that 218-223 range anyways. Either way he's gonna blow it up as a 6"4 220 lb+safety with an insane vert broad jump 3 cone and shuttle. 
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2018, 06:43 PM)Synric Wrote: For one he runs today and secondly I noticed he was on the ground alot which was backed up by NFL.com.

Edit:NFL Network tricked me lol they are replaying 2017 dline linebackers today.

Ok I guess I should clarify. I've never seen him fall back to often which is what I took from ur comment. When he pops the guard/center, there have been a few times that he's lost his footing and tripped going forward. But if your moving the guard and center back collapsing the pocket I'm cool with it.
Reply/Quote
Boom: Jamarco Jones the LT from Ohio State. I think he surprise some people with his athleticism at the combine. He may rise to a 2nd round pick.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2018, 06:10 PM)Jpoore Wrote: On what planet do u see Josh Jackson busting? He's easily the second best CB after ward, possibly the first and his athletic ability is off the charts.
U do realize he ran a sub 4.85 40 right?  And ive watched most if not all his games and he's not on his back very much. Usually pushing the other players on their back.

Jackson is slow by most accounts and that will scare teams off. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2018, 10:28 PM)Jpoore Wrote: I've been on James just as hard as you, and would love if we took James. He'll be in that 4:38-4.42. I think he was playing in that 218-223 range anyways. Either way he's gonna blow it up as a 6"4 220 lb+safety with an insane vert broad jump 3 cone and shuttle. 

Not that it’s a competition, but I am a Florida State fan. I’ve been following James for 4 years (3 as a player and 1 as a recruit). You been on him that long?

He going to be plenty impressive without inflating his numbers. He’s 6’3” and played at 210-215. Reports are, he’s up in the 225 range, but we won’t know until the weigh-ins.
Reply/Quote
Another boom candidate that I actually had in some of my early mocks....Kalen Ballage, RB Arizona St.
He's a big RB (6'2", 227 lbs) that is actually pretty fast too. If he can run around 4.52 or below in the 40 (which is projected), I could see his value jumping by a round or two. Teams would fall in love with a RB that big that can run that fast.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Connor Williams with only 33.0" arm length and only 77.875" wingspan. Not good for him.

Isaiah Wynn with 33.375" arm length and 78.875" wingspan.

McGlinchey 34.0" arm length and 81" wingspan.

Nelson with 33.75" arm length and 82.625" wingspan.

More measurements here - https://twitter.com/CharlesRobinson
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-28-2018, 12:06 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Connor Williams with only 33.0" arm length and only 77.875" wingspan. Not good for him.

Isaiah Wynn with 33.375" arm length and 78.875" wingspan.

McGlinchey 34.0" arm length and 81" wingspan.

Nelson with 33.75" arm length and 82.625" wingspan.

More measurements here - https://twitter.com/CharlesRobinson

Alex Cappa will be kicking inside in the NFL. 32 5/8 arms 77 6/8 wingspan. 

James Daniels raised his stock met all the prototype measurements and came in at 306.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(02-28-2018, 12:19 PM)Synric Wrote: Alex Cappa will be kicking inside in the NFL. 32 5/8 arms 77 6/8 wingspan. 

James Daniels raised his stock met all the prototype measurements and came in at 306.

Joe Goodberry tweeted out an interesting idea of maybe trying Nelson at OT given his measurements and skill set. Very close to 34" arm length (considered by many to be "long enough") and very good wingspan too. Nelson is widely considered the best OL prospect in the draft too, so it could be worth trying.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-27-2018, 05:32 PM)bengalsdh Wrote: This guy is the Qb turned receiver right?

I think you’re thinking about the guy from West Virginia, David Sills.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2018, 12:42 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Joe Goodberry tweeted out an interesting idea of maybe trying Nelson at OT given his measurements and skill set. Very close to 34" arm length (considered by many to be "long enough") and very good wingspan too. Nelson is widely considered the best OL prospect in the draft too, so it could be worth trying.

Need quick feet at OT as much as length. How are Nelson’s feet when blocking in space?
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2018, 06:43 PM)Synric Wrote: For one he runs today and secondly I noticed he was on the ground alot which was backed up by NFL.com.

Am I just being stubborn that I think Billings is just about the same type of player as Vea (at least in a 4-3)?
Relies on brute strength instead of technique at times. Not a prolific pass rusher but can command double teams. Teams might view as a 2-down player only.
Not to mention Billings ran a sub-5 second 40 at his Pro Day, so anyone using the argument about Vea running that fast away from the Combine should be revisiting Billings.

I just don't see a 4-3 team going for Vea early. A 3-4 team might that needs a good NT though.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-28-2018, 12:49 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Need quick feet at OT as much as length. How are Nelson’s feet when blocking in space?

I don't have time right now to go watch tape, but NFL.com profile....
Quote:Moves laterally and in space with adequate fluidity. Works his feet and hips into position to keep blocks secured. Has core strength and body control to make rare recoveries when beaten. Field aware and able to adjust his assignment

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2018/profiles/quenton-nelson?id=2559948

But they might mean adequate for guard and not for OT. Still, wouldn't hurt to try during offseason. If he gets consistently beat, move him back inside.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-28-2018, 12:42 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Joe Goodberry tweeted out an interesting idea of maybe trying Nelson at OT given his measurements and skill set. Very close to 34" arm length (considered by many to be "long enough") and very good wingspan too. Nelson is widely considered the best OL prospect in the draft too, so it could be worth trying.

Interesting that Duke Tobin just said he thinks Nelson can play all five positions. I wonder if he is there if we try him up and down the line at whatever our weakest spot is.
Reply/Quote

I think you draft him to play guard but give him some OT reps as a just in case and see how it works out.

(02-28-2018, 12:50 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Am I just being stubborn that I think Billings is just about the same type of player as Vea (at least in a 4-3)?
Relies on brute strength instead of technique at times. Not a prolific pass rusher but can command double teams. Teams might view as a 2-down player only.
Not to mention Billings ran a sub-5 second 40 at his Pro Day, so anyone using the argument about Vea running that fast away from the Combine should be revisiting Billings.

I just don't see a 4-3 team going for Vea early. A 3-4 team might that needs a good NT though.

The way I look at it is this defensive line draft class isn't that deep which raises some players stock like Vita Vea and Davenport. If Vea was in last year's draft I think he would fall to late second early 3rd kinda like Billings falling.

Billy Price coming in with shorter arms than Bodine. I'm not sure about wing span because I can't find Bodine's but to me that's a red flag. 

Reply/Quote