Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scouting Report Leonard Fournette
If I'm GM of the Bengals, I keep Zeitler over Dre K. Also look for a C and an RT in FA. Build the Oline, then, take Fournette.

It would mean losing PacMan and DreK in the same year (my guess), but this opportunity – drafting a franchise RB – might not come our way again for a long long while. Well, it might, because if our Oline blows again like it did in 2016, we'll be drafting the top 10 again next year.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2017, 07:01 PM)blt4584 Wrote: Rex was the only back we had that looked good, period. I think one of the problems that both Hill and Gio had is that the D pretty much knew what was coming depending on which one was in the game. Rex never got enough playing time before the end of last year for other teams to know what to look for.

I think the main difference between Hill and LF is that Hill has always kind of seen himself as a finesse back in a bigger body, but Fournette knows that he is a hammer in a world full of nails.

Good point.....and an interesting observation on Rex.  I totally agree both of the other backs looked subpar.  Also, that's a coaching failure.  One of the reasons I like a guy like Cook over LF is that he can do it all.....keeping defenses guessing.  He also played behind a suspect oline the last couple of seasons, and Lord knows that's what we have.  This is merely my opinion, but I think we need a shifty speedster that can also break tackles back there.  There are a few of those in this draft.  There are a few cannonballs too, like LF and the kid from Texas.  I guess it just depends on what tickles your fancy.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
IF LF is there at 9 you grab him.  Period.  Yes, the Bengals O-line is horrid.  Nevertheless, he would be the BPA at 9. 
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2017, 10:39 AM)Wyche Wrote: Good point.....and an interesting observation on Rex.  I totally agree both of the other backs looked subpar.  Also, that's a coaching failure.  One of the reasons I like a guy like Cook over LF is that he can do it all.....keeping defenses guessing.  He also played behind a suspect oline the last couple of seasons, and Lord knows that's what we have.  This is merely my opinion, but I think we need a shifty speedster that can also break tackles back there.  There are a few of those in this draft.  There are a few cannonballs too, like LF and the kid from Texas.  I guess it just depends on what tickles your fancy.

I don't think you can really go wrong with either one. I do think that LF can do more than he was given the opportunity to show during his time at LSU. The Miles regime didn't really like to do too much on offense. I might sue that staff if I was Malachi Dupre, Travin Dural or DeSean Smith.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2017, 01:41 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: IF LF is there at 9 you grab him.  Period.  Yes, the Bengals O-line is horrid.  Nevertheless, he would be the BPA at 9. 

The dilemma is, what if both Cook and Fournette are there?

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2017, 01:53 PM)blt4584 Wrote: I don't think you can really go wrong with either one. I do think that LF can do more than he was given the opportunity to show during his time at LSU. The Miles regime didn't really like to do too much on offense. I might sue that staff if I was Malachi Dupre, Travin Dural or DeSean Smith.

If he can surpass that, we'd be in good shape! ThumbsUp  Yeah, they were a real snoozer to watch on o, no question.

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2017, 01:55 PM)Wyche Wrote: The dilemma is, what if both Cook and Fournette are there?

Well my friend, Cook probably will be there but Just watch the video.

-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2017, 07:01 PM)blt4584 Wrote: Rex was the only back we had that looked good, period. I think one of the problems that both Hill and Gio had is that the D pretty much knew what was coming depending on which one was in the game. Rex never got enough playing time before the end of last year for other teams to know what to look for.

I think the main difference between Hill and LF is that Hill has always kind of seen himself as a finesse back in a bigger body, but Fournette knows that he is a hammer in a world full of nails.
This
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2017, 02:00 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Well my friend, Cook probably will be there but Just watch the video.

Yeah, I'm familiar with that.  Johnson (the player in your video) was immediately dismissed from the team, Cook had all charges dropped, and a third party witness said there were no punches thrown, and that Cook was acting as a mediator between Rudolph and the girl in question.  The girl's story changed a couple of times, as she was rather drunk. Of course, as is the case with all media sensationalism these days, those articles were back page news.....and he was identified by a "lineup" that consisted of social media photos.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/13252235/dalvin-cook-florida-state-seminoles-strike-woman-attorney-says
http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/13504706/florida-state-seminoles-rb-dalvin-cook-found-not-guilty-battery-case

There was the incident with the BB gun, and something with dogs, however.  I follow the Seminoles rather closely....

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2017, 05:02 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah, I'm familiar with that.  Johnson (the player in your video) was immediately dismissed from the team, Cook had all charges dropped, and a third party witness said there were no punches thrown, and that Cook was acting as a mediator between Rudolph and the girl in question.  The girl's story changed a couple of times, as she was rather drunk. Of course, as is the case with all media sensationalism these days, those articles were back page news.....and he was identified by a "lineup" that consisted of social media photos.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/13252235/dalvin-cook-florida-state-seminoles-strike-woman-attorney-says
http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/13504706/florida-state-seminoles-rb-dalvin-cook-found-not-guilty-battery-case

There was the incident with the BB gun, and something with dogs, however.  I follow the Seminoles rather closely....

I mean Mixon wasn't convicted and he's seen on tape knocking that chick out cold.  Being a school star gets you out of these things and it doesn't answer character concerns.  I take LF upside and hammering style any day.  This all comes down to personal preference. 

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Just like trouble seems to follow Pacman Jones I believe cook to have character issues that I don't want the team to deal with but with that said cook would probably be a better fit for the team.

Mike Brown in the front office usually do not draft a running back in the first round ever since they got burned by drafting Carter years ago I do not recall them ever drafting a running back in the first round so look for them to get a defensive end or the linebacker from Alabama Foster.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(02-16-2017, 12:59 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Just like trouble seems to follow Pacman Jones I believe cook to have character issues that I don't want the team to deal with but with that said cook would probably be a better fit for the team.

Mike Brown in the front office usually do not draft a running back in the first round ever since they got burned by drafting Carter years ago I do not recall them ever drafting a running back in the first round so look for them to get  a defensive end or the linebacker from Alabama Foster.

Chris Perry was a 1st rounder.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2017, 11:38 AM)Okeana Wrote: I mean Mixon wasn't convicted and he's seen on tape knocking that chick out cold.  Being a school star gets you out of these things and it doesn't answer character concerns.  I take LF upside and hammering style any day.  This all comes down to personal preference. 

There's a pretty big difference here, Mixon is on tape....cut and dry, Cook is not, a third party witness says he didn't do it, the girl was plastered, stories changed, and he was picked out of a lineup based on social media.  Cook wasn't let off the hook for the BB gun deal, and Johnson was expelled from the team for his actions.....and he was supposed to be the starting QB for the Seminoles, who had to go on and roll with a true freshman.  However, you are right, it comes down to personal preference as I noted earlier.

(02-16-2017, 12:59 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Just like trouble seems to follow Pacman Jones I believe cook to have character issues that I don't want the team to deal with but with that said cook would probably be a better fit for the team.

Mike Brown in the front office usually do not draft a running back in the first round ever since they got burned by drafting Carter years ago I do not recall them ever drafting a running back in the first round so look for them to get  a defensive end or the linebacker from Alabama Foster.

They said the same thing about Jameis Winston, myself included.....now a model citizen in Tampa.  I don't think he does, but to each his own.

I agree with your sentiment on Son of Paul.  I would love Foster IF he is healthy, but I have my concerns there.

Reply/Quote
(02-16-2017, 01:20 PM)Whatever Wrote: Chris Perry was a 1st rounder.

Thanks you just brought back post traumatic stress I remember that draft it was horrible first round
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(02-16-2017, 01:21 PM)Wyche Wrote: There's a pretty big difference here, Mixon is on tape....cut and dry, Cook is not, a third party witness says he didn't do it, the girl was plastered, stories changed, and he was picked out of a lineup based on social media.  Cook wasn't let off the hook for the BB gun deal, and Johnson was expelled from the team for his actions.....and he was supposed to be the starting QB for the Seminoles, who had to go on and roll with a true freshman.  However, you are right, it comes down to personal preference as I noted earlier.

They said the same thing about Jameis Winston, myself included.....now a model citizen in Tampa.  I don't think he does, but to each his own.

I agree with your sentiment on Son of Paul.  I would love Foster IF he is healthy, but I have my concerns there.

It sounds like you know this situation better than I.  Marvin Lewis Mike Brown combination does not seem to Foster and ambiance for individuals with boundary issues and lawful trends.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(02-16-2017, 01:28 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: It sounds like you know this situation better than I.  Marvin Lewis Mike Brown combination does not seem to Foster and ambiance for individuals with boundary issues and lawful trends.

Brother, on that, I TOTALLY agree with you! :andy: To be clear, as a longtime FSU fan, I was more than glad to see Jameis leave Tallahassee.

Reply/Quote
(02-16-2017, 01:24 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Thanks you just brought back post traumatic stress I remember that draft it was horrible first round

Is that the draft we could have had Stephen Jackson?

Reply/Quote
(02-16-2017, 01:48 PM)Wyche Wrote: Is that the draft we could have had Stephen Jackson?

I think it was I sort of blanked out after they drafted. I was so angry and went out and mowed the yard and missed the rest of the draft
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(02-16-2017, 01:48 PM)Wyche Wrote: Is that the draft we could have had Stephen Jackson?

Yeah, we traded down twice.  Once with Denver for Depth O'Neal and then with the Rams from 24 to 26.  The Rams took Jackson.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2017, 03:37 PM)Whatever Wrote: Yeah, we traded down twice.  Once with Denver for Depth O'Neal and then with the Rams from 24 to 26.  The Rams took Jackson.

Thanks, I thought that was the year..... Facepalm

Reply/Quote