Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scouting Report Leonard Fournette
(02-16-2017, 05:06 PM)Wyche Wrote: Thanks, I thought that was the year..... Facepalm

What amazes me is that the Bengals thought they could go from 24 to 26 and take Jackson, and then trade with the team that took their #1.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I think we are in a unique position as a team along with some others in the top 10 because we don't have a shit roster we just had a bad season. This is one of the luxury picks with a star filled draft and we need to take the very best player available to us. Some players will be pushed down to us because of people reaching for need or are stupid enough to draft a QB in the top 10 this year. I think as we debate guys we need to remember that either way we are getting a stud in the top 10 unless they do something totally stupid like drafting a Tackle which is probably my worse case scenario.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2017, 01:28 PM)ochocincos Wrote: This very well could be the plan though. The team could might Jeremy Hill as a disappointment given what was expected of him and the team could be looking to replace him in the role he was brought in for. If the team does want a bruising north-south runner to pair with Bernard, then Fournette, Foreman, Perine, or James Conner seem like potential candidates for that role. As the Bengals typically do, they will draft a player when the incumbent has a year left on his contract and then that player is replaced the following year.

I'm with you though, this team needs more of a RB in that 210-220 lb range that can catch, pass block, enough running speed and agility to get to the edge, and also handle occasional carries inside. A RB like that is more like Cook, Alvin Kamara, Jeremy McNichols, or maybe Wayne Gallman or Kareem Hunt.

I would be very happy with Foreman, or Jeremy McNichols in the 4th.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2017, 05:49 PM)Okeana Wrote: I think we are in a unique position as a team along with some others in the top 10 because we don't have a shit roster we just had a bad season.  This is one of the luxury picks with a star filled draft and we need to take the very best player available to us.   Some players will be pushed down to us because of people reaching for need or are stupid enough to draft a QB in the top 10 this year.  I think as we debate guys we need to remember that either way we are getting a stud in the top 10 unless they do something totally stupid like drafting a Tackle which is probably my worse case scenario.

Thank you for using sense lol I agree completely. Our roster doesn't need a complete overhaul, but yes there need to be some changes. I think whoever we draft needs to make an immediate impact. I'm really looking forward to it. 
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2017, 04:15 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Don't want him. Plus he's a perfect panthers pick anyways so it doesn't matter. But he just seems like another Jeremy hill. Also I don't trust him ankles.

I've never seen Jeremy Hill do the things that Fournette did in college.

Enough about the ankles.  The guy has carried the ball a ton.  His ankles wouldn't have kept him out of games if they were meaningful.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2017, 01:11 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I've never seen Jeremy Hill do the things that Fournette did in college.

Enough about the ankles.  The guy has carried the ball a ton.  His ankles wouldn't have kept him out of games if they were meaningful.

Some say LF is a generational player; one of those rare talents. He has been clocked reaching speeds no other NFL player in history has established.  However, he needs openings on the line to reach speed.  Not going to happen on a Bengals' team unless they change personnel on the offensive line. 

If LF is there at 9 I would take him and fix the offensive line.  Establishing the rush would make Dalton a better QB.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2017, 01:39 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Some say LF is a generational player; one of those rare talents. He has been clocked reaching speeds no other NFL player in history has established.  However, he needs openings on the line to reach speed.  Not going to happen on a Bengals' team unless they change personnel on the offensive line. 

If LF is there at 9 I would take him and fix the offensive line.  Establishing the rush would make Dalton a better QB.

Absolutely.  I'd also consider more sets with the H back if I drafted him.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Well, I just read an article on Cincy Jungle released in the past hour, that if true pretty much dashes all hope for Fournette or Cook.

Now it doesn't necessarily say that, but it does infer current HC & FO philosophy. Try to resign Sexy ( the one part that I did like reading), milk Hill for his rookie contract, & keep holding out hope for an early Gio return.

As I've been saying for a while now, this thing smells of a 4th round RB to me. Think Clement, Perrine,...ect.
I understand the thought process,but damn it would be sweet to have one of those game changers.

It may just be how I perceived it but it sounded like standard Bengals procedure to me.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2017, 03:57 PM)Wyche Wrote: Absolutely.  I'd also consider more sets with the H back if I drafted him.

Exactly.   I don't know why they waste a guy with Hewitt's talents - especially when that is what LSU running backs are accustomed to.

Both he and Fornette are great blockers, good receivers and LB is a stud runner.   You put those two in together and you can run a lot of different plays out of the same formation, go up tempo and gas opposing defenses.  If they stack the LOS both of those players are able to get just beyond the LOS and do significant damage.  And if we can get Bodine to stop wearing his skirt to games we can cram the ball down their throats.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2017, 05:00 PM)3wt Wrote: Exactly.   I don't know why they waste a guy with Hewitt's talents - especially when that is what LSU running backs are accustomed to.

Both he and Fornette are great blockers, good receivers and LB is a stud runner.   You put those two in together and you can run a lot of different plays out of the same formation, go up tempo and gas opposing defenses.  If they stack the LOS both of those players are able to get just beyond the LOS and do significant damage.  And if we can get Bodine to stop wearing his skirt to games we can cram the ball down their throats.

A man after me own heart.  Hewitt out of the backfield, giving you essentially two TEs on an audible if they play the run....spread em out and pound em up the gut....a man can dream I guess.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I think this team will bounce back to atleast 8-8 at worst . We hit a injury bug hard .

That said we have an opportunity to get a difference maker at 9. I say we grab LF , cook or davis.  I am in love with cook. He has ability to be a threat out of backfield as a receiver as well as a chance to take any carry to the house .

ID be very happy with Davis or LF as well.  We can fix up o line in other areas. I don't think obg sucks as bad as alot of people think. He will get a full year of otas and training camp this year. Might not of been 100 percent healthy.

Reember geno was a shell of himself following his acl tear.

We need to make defenses fear us. 

Add cook or fournette In our backfield or davis with aj eifert and boyd and I think we do that.

ID love cook and gio in a shotgun set with ability to both go out for passes , much like Atlantas offense. It's pick ur poison at that point. If o line is bad, you have 2 running backs to dump off too
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2017, 01:11 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I've never seen Jeremy Hill do the things that Fournette did in college.

I mean if we want a former bust to compare him to he looks like a carbon copy of Trent Richardson. And u don't want a rb that's carried the ball a ton. Their shelf life is so short as it is. 
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2017, 04:17 AM)Jpoore Wrote: I mean if we want a former bust to compare him to he looks like a carbon copy of Trent Richardson. And u don't want a rb that's carried the ball a ton. Their shelf life is so short as it is. 

No, he's not. He is bigger, stronger and faster than Trent ever was. Fournette also has vision and patience as a runner. All Richardson did was let Alabama's godlike line at the time do all the work. 
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2017, 04:17 AM)Jpoore Wrote: I mean if we want a former bust to compare him to he looks like a carbon copy of Trent Richardson. And u don't want a rb that's carried the ball a ton. Their shelf life is so short as it is. 

Richardson couldn't carry Fournette's jock strap.
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2017, 03:48 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Richardson couldn't carry Fournette's jock strap.

last I checked fournette still couldn't do anything against bama's line. U have to do good against good dlines to be considered a top 10 pick. 
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2017, 12:27 PM)blt4584 Wrote: No, he's not. He is bigger, stronger and faster than Trent ever was. Fournette also has vision and patience as a runner. All Richardson did was let Alabama's godlike line at the time do all the work. 

If he's so mucj better why couldn't fournette do anything against bama's dline 
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2017, 04:35 PM)Jpoore Wrote: last I checked fournette still couldn't do anything against bama's line. U have to do good against good dlines to be considered a top 10 pick.
Using this type of logic Johnny Manziel should already have a couple of SB rings since he seemed to have such success moving the ball against Bama. 
That said, not many backs have had a lot of consistent success against Saban & Bama over the last decade. Zeke was/is the exception. 
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2017, 04:36 PM)Jpoore Wrote: If he's so mucj better why couldn't fournette do anything against bama's dline 

It's pretty simple. LSU had one gameplan, and that was Fournette up the middle. Bama knew this going in and made adjustments, LSU didn't. Bama has outcoached LSU for the past 5 years. 

Stats are a lazy argument for draft prospects.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2017, 07:26 PM)Okeana Wrote: Well Fournette is also twice the athlete.  Hill ran a 4.45 at the combine.  I expect LF will run low 4.3.  Who knows how fast that guy can run if he puts the burners on.  The dude is fast real fast. 

Hill ran low 4.6's.  Bernard was low 4.5's.  Burkhead ran 4.7.  Ain't no way Fournette runs 4.3.  Anything in the mid-high 4.4's would be excellent for Fournette at his size.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2017, 05:58 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Using this type of logic Johnny Manziel should already have a couple of SB rings since he seemed to have such success moving the ball against Bama. 
That said, not many backs have had a lot of consistent success against Saban & Bama over the last decade. Zeke was/is the exception. 

U can't equate a qb to a rb in regards to his production. And Im sorry ur a top 10 pick u have to be able to average more than 2 yards a carry on a college dline with a good oline. How is it he's supposed to be better than Zeke but can't do what Zeke does? 
Reply/Quote