Scouting the 2019-20 College Bowl Games
It's that time of year again and we kick it off with 2 Bowl games today

[Image: mwbb_primary-logo_full-color-1_1.png]
Key prospects:

Charlotte: ALEX HIGHSMITH/ DE. 14 sacks on the year
Buffalo: TAYLOR RIGGINS/ DE 8.5 sacks

[Image: frisco-logo-1.png]
Key prospects:

Utah State: JORDAN LOVE/QB. If the Bengals win out and miss out on Burrow, someone like Love may be someone to consider later in the draft
Kent State: JAMAL PARKER/CB: Smallish ballhawk with great return skills
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
My concern with Love here is he is going to look great, but that's not where I need to see him be great it's against other great teams he needs to be good and I just haven't seen that.
Reply/Quote
Definitely watching Jordan love tonight!!
Reply/Quote
Jamie Newman from Wake is a guy on day 2 to know. Look at the Colts or maybe the Bears to take him as a plan B to Brissett or Trubisky.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2019, 09:00 PM)Au165 Wrote: Jamie Newman from Wake is a guy on day 2 to know. Look at the Colts or maybe the Bears to take him as a plan B to Brissett or Trubisky.

Newman didn’t do hot. Neither did among from Texas A&M.
Reply/Quote
USC Offensive Tackle Austin Jackson vs Iowa Edge AJ Espensa is a great matchup.

Edit: As I typed this Espensa beats Jackson inside for a sack lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2019, 11:00 PM)Synric Wrote: USC Offensive Tackle Austin Jackson vs Iowa Edge AJ Espensa is a great matchup.

Edit: As I typed this Espensa beats Jackson inside for a sack lol.

Speaking of Iowa players, Smith-Marsette looks like a good excitement player.  Rush TD, Receiving TD, Return TD.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
28 DEC 19. The day of the QBs:

Early on we get to see potential sleeper pick Ian Book. Dude's upside is Russel Wilson

Then week get to see 2 of the top QBs in this draft go head to head. Bengals Board favorite Joe Burrow goes against Jalen Hurts.

Finally we get to see the 2 top prospects in the 2021 draft match up as Fields takes on Lawrence.

Get your popcorn ready.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2019, 10:58 PM)TrenchWarfare Wrote: Newman didn’t do hot. Neither did among from Texas A&M.

Yea, actually he played a lot better than the stats will show tonight, his interception was off a batted ball that bounced off a guy on the ground. completion percentage is misleading based on the pressure and some drops. He has a good outing all things considered against a pretty good defense.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 12:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 28 DEC 19. The day of the QBs:

Early on we get to see potential sleeper pick Ian Book. Dude's upside is Russel Wilson

Then week get to see 2 of the top QBs in this draft go head to head. Bengals Board favorite Joe Burrow goes against Jalen Hurts.

Finally we get to see the 2 top prospects in the 2021 draft match up as Fields takes on Lawrence.

Get your popcorn ready.

Alot of great matchups in these two games.

LSU vs OU:
Derek Stingley and Kristian Fulton vs CeeDee Lamb
Kenneth Murray vs Thaddeus Moss and Clyde Edwards-Helaire (Hammy?)
Parnell Motley vs Ja'marr Chase and Justin Jefferson 
Jacob Phillips vs Jalen Hurts (Runner) and Kennedy Brooks

OSU vs Clemson:
Isaiah Simmons vs JK Dobbins and KJ Hill
Chase Young vs Jackson Carmon
Malik Harrison vs Travis Etienne
Tee Higgins vs Jeff Okudah

Those are off the top of my head lol.

Edit: Oops mixed up my Running backs.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Burrow has been amazing so far against OU.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2019, 04:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It's that time of year again and we kick it off with 2 Bowl games today

[Image: mwbb_primary-logo_full-color-1_1.png]
Key prospects:

Charlotte: ALEX HIGHSMITH/ DE. 14 sacks on the year
Buffalo: TAYLOR RIGGINS/ DE 8.5 sacks

[Image: frisco-logo-1.png]
Key prospects:

Utah State: JORDAN LOVE/QB. If the Bengals win out and miss out on Burrow, someone like Love may be someone to consider later in the draft
Kent State: JAMAL PARKER/CB: Smallish ballhawk with great return skills
Put me down for Tristan Wirfs in Rd2. RT out of Iowa.
Reply/Quote
Have any of you heard of this "Joe Burrow" kid? He's looking pretty good.. Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 07:37 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Burrow has been amazing so far against OU.

Not surprising though. OU's defense sucks.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 07:53 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Not surprising though. OU's defense sucks.

Still, the throws have been amazing
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
Burrows is amazing no doubt. The question is how will his game translate to the pros when your not playing in an offense with the best line in the country, two pro like wide receivers and good coaches. I would definitely take him #1 though.
Reply/Quote
Burrow: 7 TD's over 400 yards first half in CFP...
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 07:58 PM)ballsofsteel Wrote: Burrows is amazing no doubt. The question is how will his game translate to the pros when your not playing in an offense with the best line in the country, two pro like wide receivers and good coaches. I would definitely take him #1 though.

Joe doesn’t have the best line in the country. Not even close.

Herbert likely has the best offensive line in the whole country. Burrow’s line is average at best.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 08:18 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Joe doesn’t have the best line in the country. Not even close.

Herbert likely has the best offensive line in the whole country. Burrow’s line is average at best.

Not according to Joe Moore.

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/12/19/lsu-joe-moore-award-alabama-ohio-state-oregon/ ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 08:21 PM)ballsofsteel Wrote: Not according to Joe Moore.

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/12/19/lsu-joe-moore-award-alabama-ohio-state-oregon/ ThumbsUp

It’s a great aware but it is the end all be all. There aren’t any statistical measures that say that LSU has the best line in the country. They are a fine offensive line, but they aren’t the best.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ncaaol/2019
Reply/Quote