Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scouting the 2019-20 College Bowl Games
(01-02-2020, 01:04 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Bfine, come on.  You can't be serious.

Lawrence has stepped up in the biggest games of his career.  The same can't be said for Herbert.  Physically, yes, but everything else is vastly different between those 2.

It's why I said he has the things you cannot teach. He has all the physical tools  and needs the right staff. I have no problem stating he is Ryan leaf to Burrow's Peyton Manning. The sky's the limit for his ceiling and death valley is his floor.

WTS, I have freely admitted I'm terrible at scouting QBs.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Alex Leatherwood is returning to Alabama.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2020, 03:11 PM)Synric Wrote: Alex Leatherwood is returning to Alabama.

Sorry to hear that.   I was hoping he might be there at 33
Reply/Quote
Listened to PK and Mills talking to the director of the Senior Bowl today and discovered the following:

They speak with Duke Tobin to decide invites and who is on which team

They are inviting Burrow. Not to play but to work with the Bengal staff for a week. They seem optimistic that Burrow will commit. But the indication is the Burrow group is doing this more for Joe to scout the staff than for the staff to scout Joe.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2020, 08:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Listened to PK and Mills talking to the director of the Senior Bowl today and discovered the following:

They speak with Duke Tobin to decide invites and who is on which team

They are inviting Burrow. Not to play but to work with the Bengal staff for a week. They seem optimistic that Burrow will commit. But the indication is the Burrow group is doing this more for Joe to scout the staff than for the staff to scout Joe.

This would be a great opportunity for both sides. 

Both sides know they are likely going to end up with each other and it gives them a chance to work together in a real football practice environment pre-draft not just a one day work out or the Combine.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote