Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scouting the All-Star Games
(01-28-2022, 11:42 AM)Synric Wrote: The East-West Shrine won't be doing a weigh in event and will be doing weigh-in and measurements as the players arrive. We probably won't get this list until near the middle or end of the week. I'll post the measurements when and if I can find them.

https://www.si.com/nfl/draft/nfl-draft/nfl-draft-2022-nflpa-collegiate-bowl-measurements

Couple measurable freaks from the NFLPA Bowl:

CALEB JONES/OT/IU/6’8” 369/ 36.75” Arms
JONATHAN FORD/DT/THE U/6’5” 338/ 36.33” Arms
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
East-West Shrine Measurements added to the Opening Post.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Some top performers the NFLPA Bowl week.
https://www.profootballnetwork.com/nflpa-collegiate-bowl-top-prospects-2022/

Game is on tonight at 6pm on the NFL Network.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Added some East West Shrine Day 1 practices notes and a long PFF video.

Charleston Rambo and Kyle Phillips both had a great day st WR. Utah OT Badmidele Olaseni came in huge with a 88+ inch wing span, great feet, and player 4 different spots. Alec Lindstrom had a day he would like to forget played high and got stood up consistently same issue he had his entire college career.

Reply/Quote
Bengals are going to a Superbowl!....but the All-Star Practices go on Day 2 Notes added. Jelani Woods TE out of Virginia and Kyle Phillips WR out of UCLA are making money this week.

Senior Bowl weigh-ins might be today practices start tommorrow. TV Coverages updated.

Reply/Quote
Some oline coverage on NFL Network now

Reply/Quote
Here is a work in progress link to the Senior bowl weigh-in. I'll add a better format to the Opening Post when one becomes available.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2022-senior-bowl-weigh-ins-and-measurements/

A few OL names I wanna throw out...

Daniel Faalele 6'8 387lbs (not a typo) 35 3/8 inch arms 86 inch wingspan 11 inch hands.
Dylan Parham 6'2 313lbs 33 3/4 inch arms 80 inch wingspan 10 inch hands. (A Synric Favorite)
Jamaree Sayler 6'2.5 320lbs 34 inch arms 80 wingspan 9 4/8 inch hands. (A Synric Favorite)
Darian Kinnard 6'4.6 324lbs 34 5/8 inch arms 83 inch wingspan 11 4/8 inch hands. (For BFine)

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 05:47 PM)Synric Wrote: Here is a work in progress link to the Senior bowl weigh-in. I'll add a better format to the Opening Post when one becomes available.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2022-senior-bowl-weigh-ins-and-measurements/

A few OL names I wanna throw out...

Daniel Faalele 6'8 387lbs (not a typo) 35 3/8 inch arms 86 inch wingspan 11 inch hands.
Dylan Parham 6'2 313lbs 33 3/4 inch arms 80 inch wingspan 10 inch hands. (A Synric Favorite)
Jamaree Sayler 6'2.5 320lbs 34 inch arms 80 wingspan 9 4/8 inch hands. (A Synric Favorite)
Darian Kinnard 6'4.6 324lbs 34 5/8 inch arms 83 inch wingspan 11 4/8 inch hands. (For BFine)
THx
Glad to see Kinnard's arms closer to 35 than 34. There's talk of him moving inside at the next level, but I like dude in space. He's a proto RT 

Reply/Quote
I have something to throw out here before the Senior Bowl practices kick off tommorrow....

Who besides the Luke Fortner will be playing Center? Dylan Parham? Possibly Zion Johnson?

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 01:43 AM)Synric Wrote: I have something to throw out here before the Senior Bowl practices kick off tommorrow....

Who besides the Luke Fortner will be playing Center? Dylan Parham? Possibly Zion Johnson?

Reply/Quote
Ugh was hoping NFL Now would have a decent amount of Day 1 Coverage but we got 40 minutes of Tom Brady, 15 superbowl, and 5 minutes of Senior Bowl.

Zion Johnson is getting alot of reps at Center though. That is pretty big... especially considering I dont think thr National Team has a Center on its roster lol.

Reply/Quote
Some OL vs DL reps

Myjai Sanders vs Daniel Faalele 1st rep - Sanders is fast almost a win at first but Faalele does a good job keeping his feet moving and washing him around the pocket.

Myjai Sanders vs Daniel Faalele 2nd rep - Sanders sells outside and spins back to the inside Faalele looses his balance falls on his ass and pulls Sanders with him.

Zion Johnson v Otito Ogbonnia rep 1 and 2 are similar - first rep Johnson gets his hands inside and wins with leverage and anchor. Second rep Ogbonnia wins first with hands but Johnson anchors and eventually works his hands inside. Text book couple reps by Zion Johnson.

Trevor Penning vs Isaiah Thomas - Thomas with a nice fake outside and gets a step inside but Penning with a great instant recovery.

Reply/Quote
Pumped to see Matthew Butler is doing well at Shrine practice.
I have him as a Rd 4-5 sleeper if the Bengals decide to wait until Day 3 to get a DT.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 04:46 PM)Synric Wrote: Some OL vs DL reps

Myjai Sanders vs Daniel Faalele 1st rep - Sanders is fast almost a win at first but Faalele does a good job keeping his feet moving and washing him around the pocket.

Myjai Sanders vs Daniel Faalele 2nd rep - Sanders sells outside and spins back to the inside Faalele looses his balance falls on his ass and pulls Sanders with him.

Zion Johnson v Otito Ogbonnia rep 1 and 2 are similar - first rep Johnson gets his hands inside and wins with leverage and anchor. Second rep Ogbonnia wins first with hands but Johnson anchors and eventually works his hands inside. Text book couple reps by Zion Johnson.

Trevor Penning vs Isaiah Thomas - Thomas with a nice fake outside and gets a step inside but Penning with a great instant recovery.

Zion Johnson is a great option in late Rd 1 if the Bengals wanted to use the draft to fix IOL.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 02:37 PM)Synric Wrote:

He is a player I like for the Bengals at OG. If he can play center, even better.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 05:38 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Zion Johnson is a great option in late Rd 1 if the Bengals wanted to use the draft to fix IOL.

(02-01-2022, 05:43 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: He is a player I like for the Bengals at OG. If he can play center, even better.

He's playing center in team drills and likely the game. That will be huge for his draft stock.

Another guy I like is Dylan Parham I think he will be getting reps at Center too. He came in bigger than expected at 6'2 313lbs 33 3/4 inch arms 80 inch wingspan 10 inch hands. Everyone thought he have sub 33' arms and around 285.

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 09:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: THx
Glad to see Kinnard's arms closer to 35 than 34. There's talk of him moving inside at the next level, but I like dude in space. He's a proto RT 

He did well against Enagbare from South Carolina.

I remember talk of Rashawn Slater needing to move inside because of a lack of length, but he played well against elite competition like Chase Young.
Reply/Quote
Have you heard anything on Abraham Lucas, yet?
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 06:01 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Have you heard anything on Abraham Lucas, yet?

Pro football network has a work in progress day 1 notes.
https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2022-senior-bowl-practice-report-national-team/

Here's shat they said about Abraham Lucas.

Quote:There were times when Abraham Lucas struggled to lower his pads – an expected issue for a taller blocker. He was also a little early off the snap at times. Nevertheless, he’s a well-put-together athlete, who showed he could anchor and drive defenders downfield as a run blocker. If he can keep working on bending his knees and driving his pads into players, he can end the week on a high note in two days.

Reply/Quote
I would be against Zion at #32 if he can play the pivot.

Reply/Quote