Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scouting the All-Star Games
(02-01-2022, 04:46 PM)Synric Wrote: Some OL vs DL reps

Myjai Sanders vs Daniel Faalele 1st rep - Sanders is fast almost a win at first but Faalele does a good job keeping his feet moving and washing him around the pocket.

Myjai Sanders vs Daniel Faalele 2nd rep - Sanders sells outside and spins back to the inside Faalele looses his balance falls on his ass and pulls Sanders with him.

Zion Johnson v Otito Ogbonnia rep 1 and 2 are similar - first rep Johnson gets his hands inside and wins with leverage and anchor. Second rep Ogbonnia wins first with hands but Johnson anchors and eventually works his hands inside. Text book couple reps by Zion Johnson.

Trevor Penning vs Isaiah Thomas - Thomas with a nice fake outside and gets a step inside but Penning with a great instant recovery.

I'm not an expert on OL by any means but I would be okay with either Zion or Penning at 32 if they play like that consistently.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Its Offical Dylan Parham getting the reps at center and is apparently looking great especially as a zone run blocker.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 07:27 PM)Synric Wrote: Its Offical Dylan Parham getting the reps at center and is apparently looking great especially as a zone run blocker blocker.

Holy s**t, Parham bulked up.
313 lbs now.
Was like 285 during the season?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 07:33 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Holy s**t, Parham bulked up.
313 lbs now.
Was like 285 during the season?

Yep with 33 3/4 inch arms that were supposed to be sub 33. You hear speed to power when talking about DL but Parham does the same explodes out of his stance un-curls those hips and creates alot of power. 

If he has a good showing at C this week he would be an excellent fit for the Bengals picking last in the 2nd round.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
We talk alot about OL in the first but Georgia DT Devonte Wyatt looks like a step above. Can't wait to see him vs Zion Johnson Saturday.

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 10:58 PM)Synric Wrote: We talk alot about OL in the first but Georgia DT Devonte Wyatt looks like a step above. Can't wait to see him vs Zion Johnson Saturday.

I would say he is underrated only because other players on Georgia’s defense get more attention.
Reply/Quote
Guy that I didnt get to see yesterday I'll be interested in is Oklahoma DT Perrion Winfrey I have a late 2nd early 3rd grade on him but he can easily raise that this week. Winfrey vs Zion Johnson will be a battle I want to see.

Reply/Quote
National just went through OLvsDL some notes.

Trevor Penning and Daniel Faalele both look good vs the outside rush but both are having a bit of an issue vs outside to inside move. The big difference between the two is Penning has really good recovery athleticism and Faalele is has that huge frame and is having a hard to time working back to the inside.

Zion Johnson and Perrion Winfrey had a couple of reps and split them both guys look great. Haskell Garrett was hit or miss but comes off the ball. Bernhard Raimann isn't having a good week in the 1 on 1 pass block drills but looks better yesterday as a run blocker in clips I've seen.

Edit: 3 ugly team drill reps by Faalele in 3 different ways. First rep didnt have the lateral athleticism to make the backside cut off block. 2nd rep got blown off his feet vs a speed to power rush. 3rd rep climbed to the second level couldnt decide which linebacker he wanted and both blew by him.

Edit2: Trevor Penning getting a few reps at RG and looks good burying guys.

Edit3: Perrion Winfrey destroyed the National teams offense. Just wrecked the outside zone.

Reply/Quote
(02-02-2022, 03:37 PM)Synric Wrote: National just went through OLvsDL some notes.

Trevor Penning and Daniel Faalele both look good vs the outside rush but both are having a bit of an issue vs outside to inside move. The big difference between the two is Penning has really good recovery athleticism and Faalele is has that huge frame and is having a hard to time working back to the inside.

Zion Johnson and Perrion Winfrey had a couple of reps and split them both guys look great. Haskell Garrett was hit or miss but comes off the ball.  Bernhard Raimann isn't having a good week in the 1 on 1 pass block drills but looks better yesterday as a run blocker in clips I've seen.

Edit: 3 ugly team drill reps by Faalele in 3 different ways. First rep didnt have the lateral athleticism to make the backside cut off block. 2nd rep got blown off his feet vs a speed to power rush. 3rd rep climbed to the second level couldnt decide which linebacker he wanted and both blew by him.

I only had a small chance to watch videos st lunch but whats your thoughts on Kinnard?

I thought he looked good in the one watched and felt like we could have a great draft starting with Kinnard/Johnson if ZJ fell that far.
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2022, 03:59 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: I only had a small chance to watch videos st lunch but whats your thoughts on Kinnard?

I thought he looked good in the one watched and felt like we could have a great draft starting with Kinnard/Johnson if ZJ fell that far.

I seen a couple clips and he looked good yestersay but I got a chance to really look at his tape earlier and it was all over rhe place from really great blocks to ugly ugly technical issues.

He will be practicing later and hopefully I'll get a better look that will send me back to relook at some of his games.

Reply/Quote
Zion Johnson definitely working his way up the draft boards. I would be a ok with him or penning in 1. I have done (way too many?) several mocks and have a lot of them with parham in 4. Bet he’s off the boards way before then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2022, 04:23 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Zion Johnson definitely working his way up the draft boards.  I would be a ok with him or penning in 1.  I have done (way too many?) several mocks and have a lot of them with parham in 4.  Bet he’s off the boards way before then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zion Johnson was already in the 25-45 range. Not much more room to move up.
I'd be ok with Johnson at 31/32 if the Bengals chose to get a new starting OG in the draft instead of FA.
Johnson needs to be able to hit the ground running though (which I think he can).
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-02-2022, 05:16 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Zion Johnson was already in the 25-45 range. Not much more room to move up.
I'd be ok with Johnson at 31/32 if the Bengals chose to get a new starting OG in the draft instead of FA.
Johnson needs to be able to hit the ground running though (which I think he can).

He's also been snapping.  He would be a nice versatile guy to have on the line.
Reply/Quote
Zion Johnson and Dylan Parham are almost identical. Height, weight, length, their build, their tape, their position versatility... and now both getting Center reps.

Reply/Quote
(02-02-2022, 05:42 PM)Synric Wrote: Zion Johnson and Dylan Parham are almost identical. Height, weight, length, their build, their tape, their position versatility... and now both getting Center reps.

I think the difference is Johnson really doesn't have the experience at C like Parham, but Parham hasn't really played OG, right?
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-02-2022, 05:47 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I think the difference is Johnson really doesn't have the experience at C like Parham, but Parham hasn't really played OG, right?

Neither has played Center both have alot of starts at LG. Johnson has multiple starts at LT while Parham with multiple starts at RT. I think Parham also has some reps at RG but not sure on that one.

Reply/Quote
(02-02-2022, 05:54 PM)Synric Wrote: Neither has played Center both have alot of starts at LG. Johnson has multiple starts at LT while Parham with multiple starts at RT. I think Parham also has some reps at RG but not sure on that one.

I clearly didn't read up on Parham enough then. I thought he only played C at Memphis lol.
I knew Johnson hadn't played C.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Darian Kinnard moving well in that inside zone at Tackle in 9on7s. Parham stood up Devonte Wyatt then cleared out a linebacker next rep.

Kinnard slow feet then missed with hands in a 1on1 pass rush rep. Follows it up with poor feet at LG and completely misses. Kinnard 3rd rep LG looked much better.

Parham stout inside good base and hands. Devonte Wyatt blew by Parham second rep Parham didnt open his hips to speed.

Max Mitchell beat with a quick inside move. Rep at RT much better but a poor rush plan.

Edge Jermaine Johnson is a beast... second this with Devonte Wyatt though Wyatt wasnt as good in 9on7s.

Reply/Quote
This is why I love Kinnard . Dude is nasty

https://twitter.com/i/status/1488905054371393536

"Get your ass back in line"
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-02-2022, 06:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This is why I love Kinnard . Dude is nasty

https://twitter.com/i/status/1488905054371393536

"Get your ass back in line"

The other UK guy had a good day I'm gonna have to go back and watch some Luke Fortner.

Reply/Quote