Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scouting the Bowl Games
(12-28-2017, 12:52 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I gotta say, I liked what I saw from Josey Jewell yesterday. Big, fast MLB that stops people in their tracks. I didn't realize he has over 400 tackles during college. Might want to take look in the middle rounds.

I think Jewell will go in the 2nd or 3rd.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 04:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: First off: Happy New Years to all.

Secondly, I'd like to apologize for not keeping this thread updated; it's been busy.

Finally a lot of great talent on display today. Here's a list of the games:

Outback Bowl
Michigan vs. South Carolina
Noon ET | ESPN2
Raymond James Stadium – Tampa, FL

Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl
(12) UCF vs. (7) Auburn
12:30pm ET | ESPN
Mercedes-Benz Stadium – Atlanta, GA

Citrus Bowl
(14) Notre Dame vs. (17) LSU
1:00pm ET | ABC
Camping World Stadium – Orlando, FL

Rose Bowl Game
(3) Georgia vs. (2) Oklahoma
5:00pm ET | ESPN
Rose Bowl Stadium – Pasadena, CA

Allstate Sugar Bowl
(4) Alabama vs. (1) Clemson
8:45pm ET | ESPN
Mercedes-Benz Superdome – New Orleans, LA

Please talk about your favs before during or after the games. A few I'll be looking at:

Roquan Smith, LB UGA

Jarrett Stidham, QB Auburn

The UND oline

Baker Mayfield, QB OU

Really like the LB Shaquem Griffin from UCF the dude is all over the place making plays !
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 05:03 PM)Goalpost Wrote: I want to watch the Clemson d-line vs Alabama

Speaking of D-line I like that DT out of Bama. His name escapes me now.  
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 05:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote:  His name escapes me now.  

Da'Ron Payne.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 05:56 PM)pulses Wrote: Really like the LB Shaquem Griffin from UCF the dude is all over the place making plays !

I think right now there's not a lot of hype around him as an NFL guy just because of teams being skeptical about not having a hand. Would love to have him on this team, and I think you can get him late in the draft. 
Reply/Quote
I bought tickets for seats on the Quenton Nelson Bandwagon after today.

My god i want that on my team.
Reply/Quote
Holy Shnikes. Orlando Brown is a freaking mountain, isn't he?

And I think the only people who don't or won't see the greatness in Mayfield are people who haven't seen him play or Ohio State fans.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 08:01 PM)McC Wrote: Holy Shnikes.  Orlando Brown is a freaking mountain, isn't he?

And I think the only people who don't or won't see the greatness in Mayfield are people who haven't seen him play or Ohio State fans.

Lincoln Riley is calling a really good game too. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
What about Orlando Brown? He just keeps engulfing people. Isn't he considered the third best LT?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
That OU QB looks pretty good. I like how hw looks off coverage.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 08:40 PM)McC Wrote: What about Orlando Brown?  He just keeps engulfing people.  Isn't he considered the third best LT?

I didnt see the aggressive finisher mentality. 

I like the size. But i want mean and nasty. 
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 06:35 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: I think right now there's not a lot of hype around him as an NFL guy just because of teams being skeptical about not having a hand. Would love to have him on this team, and I think you can get him late in the draft. 

I don't remember what site it was, but a couple of days ago I saw him as a 6th rounder with an arrow moving up  so you're possibly right !
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 08:16 PM)Synric Wrote: Lincoln Riley is calling a really good game too. 

Yep.....and of course he looks off coverage....he has ALL DAY back there to do it. That oline shoulda won the Heisman.....and I'm a FSU fan.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2017, 03:08 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I don't think Wentz is a good comp for him.  Allen may have some serious arm talent, but he's only a 55% completion guy.  I don't think that ever gets much better - at least it traditionally hasn't for other guys.

Buyer beware on this guy.

His o line sucked and his receivers can't catch.
Reply/Quote
I'd be ok with LB Roquan Smith of Georgia at #12. Guy was all over field in second half and overtime. Looks like an AFC North linebacker to me.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 03:01 AM)Lionel Hutz Wrote: I'd be ok with LB Roquan Smith of Georgia at #12. Guy was all over field in second half and overtime. Looks like an AFC North linebacker to me.

Dude was a man out there.  Very impressive
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 03:01 AM)Lionel Hutz Wrote: I'd be ok with LB Roquan Smith of Georgia at #12. Guy was all over field in second half and overtime. Looks like an AFC North linebacker to me.

The comp is very easy. Lavonte David.
Reply/Quote