Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scouting the Bowl Games
(12-27-2017, 10:31 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Congrats to Bengalhawk, for his team getting the Bowl Win!

(12-28-2017, 09:54 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: What am I? Chopped liver? LMAO

Is this what it feels like to end the season with a W? Damn nice! Here’s to the rest of the big ten representing well this season!

Well......... :) Do you like the Taggert hire?
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2017, 10:39 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Is this what it feels like to end the season with a W? Damn nice!  Here’s to the rest of the big ten representing well this season!

Well.........   :)     Do you like the Taggert hire?

Yeah man! Congrats on the big W my Hawkeye friend!

Yes, I love the Taggert hire.  I had my sights set on him as soon as Jimbo made it official.  Willie has HUGE ties to South Florida in the recruiting game, he is a lifetime Seminoles fan, and he has retained Odell Haggins as his first move as HC.  He has also hinted at getting Deion Sanders on his staff, which, along with his ties, should help on the recruiting trail should Deion accept a role on his staff.  Being in Kentucky, I have seen him both play QB at WKU, and turn the program around as a coach.  He came into Commonwealth Stadium and pulled a HUGE upset of UK as a player with a phenomenal game.  Willie has turned around WKU, USF, and Oregon.  Nothing to hate about this hire.  Now, if our Bengals just get on board with something like this......

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I gotta say, I liked what I saw from Josey Jewell yesterday. Big, fast MLB that stops people in their tracks. I didn't realize he has over 400 tackles during college. Might want to take look in the middle rounds.
Reply/Quote
Dec. 28
Military Bowl
Virginia vs. Navy
1:30 p.m. ESPN

VIRGINIA: S Quin Blanding- 3 Time all ACC honoree has amassed 121 tackles and four interceptions on the season

NAVY: LB D.J. Palmore- Like all of the Academies these players will be doing something else on Sundays

Camping World Bowl
No. 22 Virginia Tech vs. No. 19 Oklahoma State
5:15 p.m., ESPN

OSU: QB Mason Rudolph- The Johnny Unitas winner is an NFL prototype, throwing for 4,553 yards and 35 TDs.

VT: LB Tremaine Edmunds- One of the nation’s top all-around defenders, the 6-5, 250-pound Butkus finalist leads the team with 102 tackles and 5.5 sacks.

Alamo Bowl
No. 13 Stanford vs. No. 15 TCU
9 p.m., ESPN

STAN: DT Harrison Phillips- When is the last time you've seen these type numbers from a DT: 100 tackles with 18 tackles for a loss, 7.5 sacks and two forced fumbles

TCU: LB Travin Howard- Travin is a LB/SS hybrid that could be a replacement for the disappointing Sean Williams

Holiday Bowl
No. 18 Washington State vs. No. 16 Michigan State
9 p.m., FOX
LJ Scott

MSU: RB, LJ Swan- Big-bodied RB that has not lived up to his natural talent.

WSU: QB, Luke Falk- Coincidentally his game is similar to former Spartan Kirk Cousins and can most likely be had at about the same price in the draft. Luke needs to sit a year
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Stanford's DT Phillips is a clone of Kyle Williams. Hard to move him off the ball and pretty quick to boot.

WSU's QB Falk is a gunslinger, pretty much all the Cougs do is throw. He does have a good arm, but will throw into double or triple coverage a lot. Tall but pretty skinny.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2017, 05:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Walk-On's Independence Bowl
Southern Miss vs. Florida State
1:30 p.m., ESPN
FSU: Anyone of note for FSU has decided to sit out this Bowl Game as there is a regime change in Tallahassee

SMU: Ito Smith- Scat back with over 1300 rushing yards and 13 TDs. Also a receiving threat out of the backfield with36 catches and 3 TDs

New Era Pinstripe Bowl
Iowa vs. Boston College
IOWA: Joshua Jackson- The junior has a national-leading seven interceptions and returned two for TDs.

BC:Harold Landry- Slowed by injury Landry still managed 38 tackles, 8 1/2 for loss, and five sacks in eight games.

Foster Farms Bowl
Arizona vs. Purdue
8:30 p.m., FOX
ARZ: KHALIL TATE- Although not draft eligible this guy is a young Michael Vick

PUR: Ja’Whaun Bentley- The LB had 89 tackles, 91/2 for loss, in 11 games. He returned an interception 76 yards for a TD.

Academy Sports + Outdoors Texas Bowl
Texas vs. Missouri

TX: Poona Ford- DT was Big XII dlineman of the year he amassed 30 tackles, eight tackles for loss, 1.5 sacks, a forced fumble, a QB hurry, a pass breakup and a blocked field goal.

MIZZ: Drew Lock- This QB threw for 3695 yards and 43 TDs this year. May be a good one to look at in the mid-rounds to sit for a year or two and/or replace AJM.

Derrick Nnadi, a first round 310 lb DT played the entire game.

Ryan Izzo, 6’5” 265 lb TE that can block and catch.

Jacques Patrick, 6’3” 230 lb RB had 16-61 and a TD, would be a nice short yardage guy.

Auden Tate, 6’5” 225 lb WR, had 5-84 and 3 TDs. Could be the next Kelvin Benjamin.

Izzo, Patrick and Tate have not declared yet, but are expected to.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2017, 02:56 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Derrick Nnadi, a first round 310 lb DT played the entire game.

Ryan Izzo, 6’5” 265 lb TE that can block and catch.

Jacques Patrick, 6’3” 230 lb RB had 16-61 and a TD, would be a nice short yardage guy.

Auden Tate, 6’5” 225 lb WR, had 5-84 and 3 TDs. Could be the next Kelvin Benjamin.

Izzo, Patrick and Tate have not declared yet, but are expected to.

Good points.  All fine players.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2017, 01:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Dec. 28
Military Bowl
Virginia vs. Navy
1:30 p.m. ESPN

VIRGINIA: S Quin Blanding- 3 Time all ACC honoree has amassed 121 tackles and four interceptions on the season

NAVY: LB D.J. Palmore- Like all of the Academies these players will be doing something else on Sundays

Camping World Bowl
No. 22 Virginia Tech vs. No. 19 Oklahoma State

OSU: QB Mason Rudolph- The Johnny Unitas winner is an NFL prototype, throwing for 4,553 yards and 35 TDs.

VT: LB Tremaine Edmunds- One of the nation’s top all-around defenders, the 6-5, 250-pound Butkus finalist leads the team with 102 tackles and 5.5 sacks.

Alamo Bowl
No. 13 Stanford vs. No. 15 TCU
9 p.m., ESPN

STAN: DT Harrison Phillips- When is the last time you've seen these type numbers from a DT: 100 tackles with 18 tackles for a loss, 7.5 sacks and two forced fumbles

TCU: LB Travin Howard- Travin is a LB/SS hybrid that could be a replacement for the disappointing Sean Williams

Holiday Bowl
No. 18 Washington State vs. No. 16 Michigan State
9 p.m., FOX
LJ Scott

MSU: RB, LJ Swan- Big-bodied RB that has not lived up to his natural talent.

WSU: QB, Luke Falk- Coincidentally his game is similar to former Spartan Kirk Cousins and can most likely be had at about the same price in the draft. Luke needs to sit a year

Luke Falk may not play his left hand is in a cast. Apparently he had surgery on his left wrist.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Forgot Wyatt Teller Guard for VT
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Mason Rudolph was pretty impressive last night. Stats were ok but his pocket presence is great.
Reply/Quote
For the future, keep an eye on Joe Gaziano, the DL from Northwestern. He's just a Sophomore, but he's looking like a man among boys. #97 for those of you watching at home.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2017, 09:29 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: For the future, keep an eye on Joe Gaziano, the DL from Northwestern.  He's just a Sophomore, but he's looking like a man among boys.  #97 for those of you watching at home.

Hmm  Was his number different for those there watching in person?
Reply/Quote
Must apologize for missing today's games and it's too bad as there were a number of prospects on display. None more than Carson Palmer going against OSU

Reply/Quote
Billy Price has looked just awful in the first half in this Bowl game. He's given up 2 sacks and has looked lost when pulling and trying to block at the second level.

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2017, 12:28 AM)Synric Wrote: Billy Price has looked just awful in the first half in this Bowl game. He's given up 2 sacks and has looked lost when pulling and trying to block at the second level.

U know price is the center not rg right? Rg and rt got consistently beat. Price missed one block on a twist stunt but that's all I counted.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2017, 05:45 AM)Jpoore Wrote: U know price is the center not rg right? Rg and rt got consistently beat. Price missed one block on a twist stunt but that's all I counted.

Yes. Price gave up two sacks in the first half and at one point pulled to thr left passed right by the inside linebacker that was his assignment and blocked his own lineman.

...I didn't watch the second half because it was a blow out.

Reply/Quote
First off: Happy New Years to all.

Secondly, I'd like to apologize for not keeping this thread updated; it's been busy.

Finally a lot of great talent on display today. Here's a list of the games:

Outback Bowl
Michigan vs. South Carolina
Noon ET | ESPN2
Raymond James Stadium – Tampa, FL

Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl
(12) UCF vs. (7) Auburn
12:30pm ET | ESPN
Mercedes-Benz Stadium – Atlanta, GA

Citrus Bowl
(14) Notre Dame vs. (17) LSU
1:00pm ET | ABC
Camping World Stadium – Orlando, FL

Rose Bowl Game
(3) Georgia vs. (2) Oklahoma
5:00pm ET | ESPN
Rose Bowl Stadium – Pasadena, CA

Allstate Sugar Bowl
(4) Alabama vs. (1) Clemson
8:45pm ET | ESPN
Mercedes-Benz Superdome – New Orleans, LA

Please talk about your favs before during or after the games. A few I'll be looking at:

Roquan Smith, LB UGA

Jarrett Stidham, QB Auburn

The UND oline

Baker Mayfield, QB OU

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 04:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: First off: Happy New Years to all.

Secondly, I'd like to apologize for not keeping this thread updated; it's been busy.

Finally a lot of great talent on display today. Here's a list of the games:

Outback Bowl
Michigan vs. South Carolina
Noon ET | ESPN2
Raymond James Stadium – Tampa, FL

Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl
(12) UCF vs. (7) Auburn
12:30pm ET | ESPN
Mercedes-Benz Stadium – Atlanta, GA

Citrus Bowl
(14) Notre Dame vs. (17) LSU
1:00pm ET | ABC
Camping World Stadium – Orlando, FL

Rose Bowl Game
(3) Georgia vs. (2) Oklahoma
5:00pm ET | ESPN
Rose Bowl Stadium – Pasadena, CA

Allstate Sugar Bowl
(4) Alabama vs. (1) Clemson
8:45pm ET | ESPN
Mercedes-Benz Superdome – New Orleans, LA

Please talk about your favs before during or after the games. A few I'll be looking at:

Roquan Smith, LB UGA

Jarrett Stidham, QB Auburn

The UND oline

Baker Mayfield, QB OU

Rashaan Evans ILB Alabama. They have him ranked all over thr place from late first round pick to early day three.

Reply/Quote
I want to watch the Clemson d-line vs Alabama
Reply/Quote
I'm gonna relish watching 'bama take it to the overrated Tigers.

Always fun to watch Hurts, even though I wouldn't touch him as a prospect.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote