Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scouting the Bowl Games (21-22)
Each year I start a thread where we can discuss prospects in the College Bowl games. We will start off this year's edition with:

Wednesday, Dec. 22

Lockheed Martin Armed Forces Bowl
Missouri vs. Army
8 p.m., ESPN

Surprisingly the biggest prospect in this match up is on Army. Andre Carter II is a 6'7", 250 lb edge player who amassed 41 tackles, 14 sacks, 4 forced fumbles, and 1 INT (Apparently kid like the numbers 1 and 4).

Mizzou is sitting everybody who is anybody and that's unfortunate, as they have one of the top RBs in the Nation. Tyler Badie ran for over 1600 yards this year and added another 330 in receptions. The twist here is apparently the kid wanted to play but the coaching staff is holding him out.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Can the Army Kid get drafted or does he have to sit?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2021, 03:05 PM)J24 Wrote: Can the Army Kid get drafted or does he have to sit?

Of course they can get drafted; now as when they can play is cloudy.

he could be drafted and serve 2 years of Active Duty and then be property of the team.

If the Sec of Defense allows the Cadet can delay his/her obligation until after playing. So if AC were a player that never amounted to much, he'd be required to fill his obligation (ADSO) after his career. IF he turned out to be a great player, then he "could" buy back his education expenses.

Of course when we go to war with China he can be pulled out at halftime and sent to the frontlines. 

Reply/Quote
I enjoy following this Bfine. Thanks for continuing. I see the Pittsburgh qb already opted out of their bowl game. And Texas AM opted out as a team in theirs..ha.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2021, 08:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Of course they can get drafted; now as when they can play is cloudy.

he could be drafted and serve 2 years of Active Duty and then be property of the team.

If the Sec of Defense allows the Cadet can delay his/her obligation until after playing. So if AC were a player that never amounted to much, he'd be required to fill his obligation (ADSO) after his career. IF he turned out to be a great player, then he "could" buy back his education expenses.

Of course when we go to war with China he can be pulled out at halftime and sent to the frontlines. 
Makes sense! 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2021, 10:25 PM)Goalpost Wrote: I enjoy following this Bfine. Thanks for continuing. I see the Pittsburgh qb already opted out of their bowl game. And Texas AM opted out as a team in theirs..ha.

A&M did because of COVID.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Today's marque matchup:

GASPARILLA BOWL
UCF vs. Florida
7 p.m., ESPN

UF:
DAMEON PIERCE: Short, powerful RB that has been under utilized by UF. Dan Mullins never gave him double digit carries and blamed the OC. Once Mullins was fired and replaced by the OC pierce got his only game with double digit (12) carries
KAIIR ELAM: Once considered the #2 CB in college football but his stock has slipped due to injury and UF sucking.

UCF:
MARCUS TATUM: Long, athletic Olineman who transferred from Tenn.

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2021, 10:25 PM)Goalpost Wrote: I enjoy following this Bfine.  Thanks for continuing.  I see the Pittsburgh qb already opted out of their bowl game.  And Texas AM opted out as a team in theirs..ha.

(12-23-2021, 11:14 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: A&M did because of COVID.

Looks like Rutgers is replacing A&M

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2021, 12:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Each year I start a thread where we can discuss prospects in the College Bowl games. We will start off this year's edition with:

Wednesday, Dec. 22

Lockheed Martin Armed Forces Bowl
Missouri vs. Army
8 p.m., ESPN

Surprisingly the biggest prospect in this match up is on Army. Andre Carter II is a 6'7", 250 lb edge player who amassed 41 tackles, 14 sacks, 4 forced fumbles, and 1 INT (Apparently kid like the numbers 1 and 4).

Mizzou is sitting everybody who is anybody and that's unfortunate, as they have one of the top RBs in the Nation. Tyler Badie ran for over 1600 yards this year and added another 330 in receptions. The twist here is apparently the kid wanted to play but the coaching staff is holding him out.
Andre Carter II any relation to the ex NFL Andre Carter?  
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2021, 02:22 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Andre Carter II any relation to the ex NFL Andre Carter?  

Not directly..
AC2 did have 3 tackles and a sack yesterday in the Army win. 

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2021, 02:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Looks like Rutgers is replacing A&M

YES!

Always a Rutgers fan.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2021, 02:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Today's marque matchup:

GASPARILLA BOWL
UCF vs. Florida
7 p.m., ESPN

UF:
DAMEON PIERCE: Short, powerful RB that has been under utilized by UF. Dan Mullins never gave him double digit carries and blamed the OC. Once Mullins was fired and replaced by the OC pierce got his only game with double digit (12) carries
KAIIR ELAM: Once considered the #2 CB in college football but his stock has slipped due to injury and UF sucking.

UCF:
MARCUS TATUM: Long, athletic Olineman who transferred from Tenn.

DE Big Kat Bryant and RB Isaiah Bowser also in for UCF.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
The TE from UofF (Kemore Gamble) is intriguing me. Surprised I haven't heard more about him

Reply/Quote
BIRMINGHAM BOWL
UNIVERSITY OF HOUSTON v. AUBURN
DEC 28 12:00 ESPN

I hate that McCreary (CB/AUB) is skipping this one as he's someone I'm interested in for RD 1, but there's still some talent on display:

HOUSTON: LOGAN HALL: Big (6'6", 275 ibs) DE with a high motor. Has 6 sacks and 13.5 TFL on the season

AUBURN: DERICK HALL: Pure Edge who entered college at 215 ibs. Currently weighs in at 6'3, 250. I'll be curious to see if he gets used in coverage, but we know he can get after the QB ( 9 sacks, 11 TFL)

FIRST RESPONDERS BOWL
LOUISVILLE v. AIR FORCE
3:15 ESPN

MALEK JACKSON: Lamar Jackson v-2

Reply/Quote
CHEEZ IT BOWL
IOWA STATE UNIVERSITY v. CLEMSON
DEC 29 5:45 ESPN

ISU: CHARLIE KOLAR- CK is big in size (6'6", 260 lbs) and production (58 catches 723 yards 5 TDs).

CLEM: ANDREW BOOTH JR- Hard hitting, ball hawking CB. I love the way he plays the ball both in the air and on the ground. Also one of the few elite prospects that aren't playing for a National Title not to opt out.

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 06:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: CHEEZ IT BOWL
IOWA STATE UNIVERSITY v. CLEMSON
DEC 29 5:45 ESPN

ISU: CHARLIE KOLAR- CK is big in size (6'6", 260 lbs) and production (58 catches 723 yards 5 TDs).

CLEM: ANDREW BOOTH JR- Hard hitting, ball hawking CB. I love the way he plays the ball both in the air and on the ground. Also one of the few elite prospects that aren't playing for a National Title not to opt out.

Kolar with a nice TD in last night's game, putting his season total to 62 rec for 756 yards and 6 TDs.
I like him as a Rd 3-4 guy.
He's not an elite athlete, but he catches well and uses his size both as a receiver and blocker.
I think he could fit with the Bengals as a checkdown/short route guy.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2021, 04:42 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Kolar with a nice TD in last night's game, putting his season total to 62 rec for 756 yards and 6 TDs.
I like him as a Rd 3-4 guy.
He's not an elite athlete, but he catches well and uses his size both as a receiver and blocker.
I think he could fit with the Bengals as a checkdown/short route guy.

Uzamah is a FA and Sample can be cut with 0 dead cap next year. I'd love for the Bengals to bring in a weapon such as Kolar. 

I will say all the opt outs this year has made the College Bowl season much less exciting. I could see something changing, but it would be hard to mandate.

Examples:

You opt out of Bowl Game you cannot be drafted in RD 1 as an underclassman

If you have a starter opt out, you forfeit your Bowl game and loss all benefits

Reply/Quote
Dohnovan West plays tonight vs Wisconsin. I don't know if he will declare for the draft but he's a guy at Center to keep an eye on even if it's for the 2023 draft.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2021, 08:51 PM)Synric Wrote: Dohnovan West plays tonight vs Wisconsin. I don't know if he will declare for the draft but he's a guy at Center to keep an eye on even if it's for the 2023 draft.

Never mind I guess he had thumb surgery after the season and before the Bowl game.

Reply/Quote
That was an entertaining Chick-Fil-A Bowl.

Always liked Connor Heyward; he's not flashy or super-athletic, but just a really good, fundamental player.

Would love to have him on the team, but his height relegates him literally to FB on offense, so not even sure if he has a position in the pros.
Reply/Quote