Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scouting the Bowl Games
Did anyone see how Cunningham played in his bowl game?   I've been working and I don't have cable...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2016, 08:51 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Dec. 28 — Texas Bowl, Kansas State vs. Texas A&M, Houston, 9 p.m. (ESPN)

TA&M:
Myles Garrett Edge Rusher - Top Prospect in the 2017 draft Class. When healthy, he's dominant. Got better at Run Blocking this year.
Justin Evans S - Day 2 prospect, well rounded player.
Avery Gennesy OL - Solid Technique, athleticism and Power. Probably not a 1st rounder, more likely a Day 2 prospect (snaps TAM's streak of 4 consecutive OL's drafted in 1st round, could move into first with great combine though).
Josh Reynolds WR - Tall, but not speedy most like Marquess Colston. Moves the chains and is a Red Zone Target.
Daeshon Hall Edge - Not as good as this teammate, but not a wimp by any means, will be a possible 2nd day draftee.

Kansas State
Jordan Willis Edge - If a lot of Jr's declare, Sr's like Jordan will fall and be available later in the draft and he will be a steal after Day 2.

safe to say A&M's defense didn't do much.
KSU Explosive Offense is ranked 127th out of 128 teams... 2 TD's in 1st half, a 79 and a 52 yard run, which propelled them to the win.
In other news, A&M's WR Reynold's got a good groin punch in on KSU's DB Donnie Starks while Starks was sitting on him...

https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/cA93leUsxsA1g0jWtZH9PS1aX00=/0x0:517x300/920x0/filters:focal(0x0:517x300):no_upscale()/cdn3.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/7716437/headslamdickpunch.0.gif
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2016, 01:52 PM)3wt Wrote: Did anyone see how Cunningham played in his bowl game?   I've been working and I don't have cable...

I did and he was quite disappointing. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Joe Williams RB Utah = Beast
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2016, 02:13 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Joe Williams RB Utah = Beast

Is he gonna try the NFL out or retire for real this time?...also has major fumble issues... I liked their guard Asiata, he's a big dude
Reply/Quote
The DE for the Vols is a beast
Reply/Quote
Umm we better not pass on Barnett
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2016, 09:07 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Umm we better not pass on Barnett

I missed the bowl game so I'm not sure what he did but from watching a couple of his games, even his statistically best game against SC I just don't really get the love for the guy, especially if were picking in the top 10.

Negatives I saw : 

- Constantly running himself out of the play.
- Seems his only consistent move is beating the OT with speed which causes the above. He seems to want to beat the OT with speed and trying to dip under them rather than    attack them.
- Inconsistent off the snap, would be quite a few plays where he would be the last up.
- Doesn't seem to have a ton of strength or at least not great at using it, in the SC game the only time I saw him go head to head with someone and get any kind of push was a   TE and the TE still held up pretty well in the end. 
- I am sure some will bring up his size but I think smaller DE's can succeed the main thing is we need to see if his flexibility is good enough to make up for his size. 

I'm sure he can be a decent player but many seem to think the scheme at Tennessee helped his numbers quite a bit and I don't think we should touch the guy in round one if we are anywhere near the top 10. Also like I said I only saw 2 games but the SC game was one of his best statistically but will definitely be watching more when I can to see if these things continue to show up in his other games.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2016, 01:52 PM)3wt Wrote: Did anyone see how Cunningham played in his bowl game?   I've been working and I don't have cable...

your suppose to be watching when your at work
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2016, 11:01 PM)seahawkscheat Wrote: your suppose to be watching when your at work

I know right?  Bad work ethic.
Reply/Quote
How about DeMarcus Walker and Dalvin Cook?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2016, 02:54 AM)Wyche Wrote: How about DeMarcus Walker and Dalvin Cook?

Demarcus Walker would make this team a Superbowl contender once again if we get him.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2016, 04:05 AM)J24 Wrote: Demarcus Walker would make this team a Superbowl contender once again if we get him.

I've gotten him in the 4th in a lot of my mocks 
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2016, 02:54 AM)Wyche Wrote: How about DeMarcus Walker and Dalvin Cook?

Both of those guys looked every bit as good as advertised.  I will add that #9 (name?) had a good game, too.  Now, that #20 seems like a suspension machine in the making..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
CITRUS BOWL (11:00 AM ABC)

LOUISVILLE v. LSU

JAMAL ADAMS-S/LSU- One of the best Safety prospects in the NFL. He has prototypical size and good speed.

JOSH HARVEY-CLEMONS-S/UL- The other safety in the game is somewhat of an oddity. Dude stands 6'5" and travels all over the field making tackles. He could be the LB/DB hybrid that we need and his height and speed could definitely help us cover a TE

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2016, 11:45 AM)bfine32 Wrote: CITRUS BOWL (11:00 AM ABC)

LOUISVILLE v. LSU

JAMAL ADAMS-S/LSU- One of the best Safety prospects in the NFL. He has prototypical size and good speed.

JOSH HARVEY-CLEMONS-S/UL- The other safety in the game is somewhat of an oddity. Dude stands 6'5" and travels all over the field making tackles. He could be the LB/DB hybrid that we need and his height and speed could definitely help us cover a TE

Didn't the Bengals draft a guy a few years ago that fit that description?  I think he came from WV.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
TAX SLAYER BOWL (11:00 AM ESPN)

KENTUCKY v. GEORGIA TECH

JOHN TOTH- C/UK- Sled has already advised us to keep an eye on Toth and I think it is sound advice.

PJ DAVIS-LB/GT- PJ is a short/stout ILB that is fairly one dimensional. He might be the type of prospect the LB whisperer brings in via UDFA

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2016, 11:53 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Didn't the Bengals draft a guy a few years ago that fit that description?  I think he came from WV.

Robert Sands.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2016, 11:53 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Didn't the Bengals draft a guy a few years ago that fit that description?  I think he came from WV.

What McC said. Accused of domestic violence, cut, never heard from again. 

Reply/Quote
PEACH BOWL (3:00 PM ESPN)

ALABAMA v. WASHINGTON

CAM ROBINSON-OT/Bama- Cam is everything Ced is not. Big, powerful, scrappy. Wasn't that long ago we took an OT from Bama early in the first. I would have no problem with doing it again

BUDDAH BAKER-S/UW- Would you like to have a young Earl Thomas on the Bengals? I would.

Reply/Quote