Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scouting the Bowl Games
FIESTA BOWL (7:00 PM ESPN)

CLEMSON v. OHIO ST.

MIKE WILLIAMS-WR/Clem- Dude is a beast at 6'3" 223 lbs. Dude had 84 catches for over 1100 yards and 10 TDs

CURTIS SAMUEL-OW/OSU- OW stands for Offensive Weapon and that is exactly what Curtis is. His 1500 from scrimmage are split pretty much evenly between rushing and receiving. Has also shown to be an effective return man in the past.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2016, 09:07 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Umm we better not pass on Barnett

What do I love about Barnett:

Relentless motor
Winning matters most attitude
Versatility (bull rush, speed rush, flexible around the edge)

What I don't love about Barnett:

Looks "puffy"

Does the fact that he looks a little soft stop me from drafting him?  Hell, no.  Nebraska did everything they could to avoid him and he was ALWAYS chasing that QB.  On the Bengals front four, next to Geno and Dunlap....That could be very, very nice.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2016, 02:45 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Is he gonna try the NFL out or retire for real this time?...also has major fumble issues... I liked their guard Asiata, he's a big dude

Pretty sure he is going for the NFL. Hinted at it anyways.

True about the fumbles but those were mostly last year, seems like he cleaned them up some.

They gave him a fumble in the Indiana bowl game that wasn't a fumble IMHO. His elbow was down.

Dude has crazy burst and balance. Might fall to the mid rounds cause of the fumbles. I would take a shot at this guy in the mid rounds.

With Gio's injury and Hill's poor play we ought to look at a RB mid rounds.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2016, 01:58 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: What do I love about Barnett:

Relentless motor
Winning matters most attitude
Versatility (bull rush, speed rush, flexible around the edge)

What I don't love about Barnett:

Looks "puffy"

Does the fact that he looks a little soft stop me from drafting him?  Hell, no.  Nebraska did everything they could to avoid him and he was ALWAYS chasing that QB.  On the Bengals front four, next to Geno and Dunlap....That could be very, very nice.

Reggie White looked pretty puffy too and it worked out pretty well for him.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2016, 12:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: FIESTA BOWL (7:00 PM ESPN)

CLEMSON v. OHIO ST.

MIKE WILLIAMS-WR/Clem- Dude is a beast at 6'3" 223 lbs. Dude had 84 catches for over 1100 yards and 10 TDs

CURTIS SAMUEL-OW/OSU- OW stands for Offensive Weapon and that is exactly what Curtis is. His 1500 from scrimmage are split pretty much evenly between rushing and receiving. Has also shown to be an effective return man in the past.

I like Wayne Gallman too. 

Never a bad idea to draft a Clemson WR.  I guess if you are born to a Williams family and they name you Mike, your football destiny is at WR.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2016, 03:28 PM)McC Wrote: I like Wayne Gallman too. 

Never a bad idea to draft a Clemson WR.  I guess if you are born to a Williams family and they name you Mike, your football destiny is at WR.  

Guess so. Lots of Mike Williams Receivers lmao
Reply/Quote
Missed the whole KY game. Really wanted to see Toth. Damn it.

Lots of talent playing today. Hopefully I am watching some future Bengals today. Cam Robinson and Elflein would be nice.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2016, 05:14 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Missed the whole KY game. Really wanted to see Toth. Damn it.

Lots of talent playing today. Hopefully I am watching some future Bengals today. Cam Robinson and Elflein would be nice.

That would be a fantastic first 2 rounds IMHO.

The trenches baby.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2016, 10:09 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Both of those guys looked every bit as good as advertised.  I will add that #9 (name?) had a good game, too.  Now, that #20 seems like a suspension machine in the making..

You talking 9, Patrick the RB...or #9 the DE Sweat?  I'm telling y'all dump Hill and take Cook.  I liked Devante Freeman....he's done pretty well.  Cook is better than him.....in all facets.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2016, 06:28 PM)Wyche Wrote: You talking 9, Patrick the RB...or #9 the DE?
The DE, the dude is pretty fierce.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2016, 06:30 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The DE, the dude is pretty fierce.

Yeah...my phone cut off the post....that's Sweat....he's intense.  I guess you meant Trey Marshall....the DB as your suspension issue.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I will love if Cleveland passes on Deshaun Watson.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 12:02 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I will love if Cleveland passes on Deshaun Watson.

most people are hell be there in the second more than likely 
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2016, 06:28 PM)Wyche Wrote: You talking 9, Patrick the RB...or #9 the DE Sweat?  I'm telling y'all dump Hill and take Cook.  I liked Devante Freeman....he's done pretty well.  Cook is better than him.....in all facets.

I would absolutely consider him at the top of Round 2 if he lasts that long, but I want one of those DEs in Rd 1
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2016, 06:28 PM)Wyche Wrote: You talking 9, Patrick the RB...or #9 the DE Sweat?  I'm telling y'all dump Hill and take Cook.  I liked Devante Freeman....he's done pretty well.  Cook is better than him.....in all facets.

Couldn't agree more.

Reply/Quote
New draft strategy. Take a Clemson DLineman and WR every year. They just keep rolling them out there.

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2016, 05:14 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Missed the whole KY game. Really wanted to see Toth. Damn it.

Kentucky seems to have opponents in their backfield quite a bit, but they always are coming in from the ends.....hardly anyone ever gets there through the middle.... I think Toth between Boling and Zeitler would be a huge upgrade... since you missed the game, here's some highlights from the Louisville game...

Reply/Quote
OUTBACK BOWL (1:00 PM ABC)

FLORIDA v. IOWA

JALEEL JOHNSON-DT/Iowa- Johnson is build more for the 3 tech than the nose that we really need, but hopefully Billings will step into that role and Johnson can be important in the rotation. Dude has 54 tackles (10 TFL), 7.5 sacks, 2 PDs

JARRAD DAVIS-LB/UF= Jarrad is a mobile LB that can take over a game. Leg injury has slowed him this season which allows him to drop to the early 2nd round

Reply/Quote
COTTON BOWL (1:00 ESPN)

WISCONSIN v. W. MICHIGAN

TJ WATT-Edge/Wisc- You know whose brother. Watt has 59 tackles with 14.5 tackles for a loss, 10.5 sacks, three passes broken up and one forced fumble

COREY DAVIS-WR/WMU- Davis is a big-bodied, productive WR that might be around in the early 2nd. Davis has hauled in 91 receptions for 1,427 yards and 18 touchdowns.

Reply/Quote
ROSE BOWL (5:00 PM ESPN)

(SO. CALIFORNIA v. PENN ST)

JUJU SMITH-SCHUSTER-WR/USC- JuJu came into the year as one of the top prospects in the Nation. An off year has caused his stock to drop, but the talent is still there.

BRANDON BELL-LB/PSU- How can you go wrong with a LB from Linebacker U? Bell is a LB that can play at all 3 levels (rush, run, cover). Bell is currently carrying a late Rd grade and may be one for the LB whisperer

Reply/Quote