Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scouting the Senior Bowl
Time for one of the premiere pre-draft events. NFL network will be showing practices Tue-Thurs. Good chance to get a look at some prospects:

http://www.seniorbowl.com/watch-list-profiles.php

Some personal favs:

Jalen Myrick/ CB
Cordrea Tankersley/ CB
Daeshon Hall/ DE
Taco Charlton/ DE
Jaleel Johnson/ DT
Reuben Foster/ ILB
Ben Boulware/ ILB
Takkarist McKinley/ Edge
Zach Banner/ OL
Pharoh Brown/ TE
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This is the premier pre combine event. A lot of early round talent here that I'll be excited to follow.
Reply/Quote
Just looked over the Senior Bowl rosters completely and Lewis and Darboh from Michigan interest me. I am an OSU guy, but I can recognize the talent in these two. I'd love Darboh in the 3rd or 4th as I think he will be a really productive NFL WR. If we let Kirkpatrick walk Lewis in the 2nd or 3rd would also be a nice grab.
Reply/Quote
I'm definitely excited to see Cooper Kupp, WR-Eastern Washington. Holds a lot of receiving records in the NCAA including the most receiving yards between NCAA and NAIA schools.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2017, 11:31 AM)Au165 Wrote: Just looked over the Senior Bowl rosters completely and Lewis and Darboh from Michigan interest me. I am an OSU guy, but I can recognize the talent in these two. I'd love Darboh in the 3rd or 4th as I think he will be a really productive NFL WR. If we let Kirkpatrick walk Lewis in the 2nd or 3rd would also be a nice grab.

one thing that worries me is he's only like 175... Hell just get boxed by the aj green of the world.
Reply/Quote
really excited to see how Corey Davis does against top competition.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2017, 10:32 PM)Jpoore Wrote: one thing that worries me is he's only like 175... Hell just get boxed by the aj green of the world.

Jason Varett has been a good corner so far in the league at the same size. Pacman had also done fine at a similar size. I wouldn't be worried about it at that point in the draft, the other two were first round picks.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2017, 10:32 PM)Jpoore Wrote: one thing that worries me is he's only like 175... Hell just get boxed by the aj green of the world.

Yeah, because the AJ Greens of the world grow on trees. 
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2017, 06:02 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Yeah, because the AJ Greens of the world grow on trees. 

aj green, Julio Jones, Deandre Hopkins, dez Bryant, Mike Williams plenty of tall big receivers. 
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2017, 06:10 AM)Jpoore Wrote: aj green, Julio Jones, Deandre Hopkins, dez Bryant, Mike Williams plenty of tall big receivers. 

You wrote the AJ Greens of the world. Being tall doesn't make a WR an AJ Green type WR. 

There are a lot of WRs the size of Antonio Brown or Nulian Edelman who win with their route running and quickness, not boxing out DBs. You need a DB to match up against that. 
Reply/Quote
Lewis just checked in at 5'10 188lb. To me it's a none issue he is basically the same size as Leon Hall.
Reply/Quote
Unfortunately it appears that a few of the Bama bigger prospects will not be there.

Reply/Quote
Did anyone see the video of Phil Savage reading off the names of guys invited who declined their invitation? Seems kind of petty and douchey to me.
Reply/Quote
Tanoh Kpassagnon is a 6'7" 280 DE and he won the weigh in. So you already know he is high on our list.

Ive been writting off Haason Reddick since first seeing him listed as an edge at 6'1" 230. After reading his draft profile on NFL.com (most are up now) I figured I better take a look. I definitely liked what I saw. They have him listed as ILB on the senior bowl roster.
Reply/Quote
Some weigh-in notes:

Two Up
  • DE Tanoh Kpassagnon, Villanova. Kpassagnon (pronounced tawn-oh pass-in-yo) strolled onto the stage and looked like Mario Williams reborn. Kpassagnon towers at 6-foot-6, 280-pounds with great arm length at 34 7/8th-inches, plus basketball-sized hands at 10 7/8-inches width. Sculpted like a Greek god, Kpassagnon is a stellar athlete and should see his stock rise with a strong week of practice.
  • CB Jourdan Lewis, Michigan. Similar to Iowa’s Desmond King, Jourdan Lewis is a shorter corner who fits zone coverage looks like Saints defensive coordinator Dennis Allen’s perfectly. Some scouts were concerned that Lewis would not meet height and arm length thresholds at weigh-ins, but he dispelled that issue by hitting the 5-foot-10 mark and measuring 31-inch arms. In a game of inches like pro football, those dimensions matter - remember Tom Brady’s game-winning touchdown pass outside the fingertips of Jabari Greer in 2013?
Two Down
  • RB Donnell Pumphrey, San Diego State. College football’s leading rusher and a growing favorite of New Orleans Saints fans was known to be a diminutive player, but at just 5-foot-8 and 169-pounds he doesn’t meet size thresholds for some teams. A popular comparison for him is former Saints tailback Darren Sproles, but Sproles was 20 pounds heavier than Pumphrey when he entered the NFL (though Pumphrey stands two inches taller).
  • OL Forrest Lamp, Western Kentucky. Lamp may be the most technically-sound offensive tackle in the draft, but he’s got hurdles ahead of him. The biggest is his height: no NFL team started a tackle shorter than 6-foot-4 in 2016, but Lamp checked in at just 6-foot-3 and a half. There is sure to be some hemming and hawing over that half of an inch come draft day, and it could be enough to make Lamp available at the Saints’ second round pick; but given the lack of depth at the position, Lamp’s height and length (arms just 31 1/8th-inch long) may be overlooked.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2017, 05:06 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I'm definitely excited to see Cooper Kupp, WR-Eastern Washington. Holds a lot of receiving records in the NCAA including the most receiving yards between NCAA and NAIA schools.

The Dude is a scrapper.  I watched some film of him.  He's not all that fast, but he separates, catches the ball and runs violently after the catch.  He just doesn't go down.  He's definitely worth looking at if he gets out of the 2nd round.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2017, 05:31 PM)3wt Wrote: The Dude is a scrapper.  I watched some film of him.  He's not all that fast, but he separates, catches the ball and runs violently after the catch.  He just doesn't go down.  He's definitely worth looking at if he gets out of the 2nd round.

The 40 time will dictate if he can play all over or if he'll be ticketed exclusively to the slot. However, he is a very tough player and he will end up being a locker room leader. Eastern fans, like myself, all agree that he's the greatest player in Eastern history.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2017, 04:37 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Tanoh Kpassagnon is a 6'7" 280 DE and he won the weigh in. So you already know he is high on our list.

Ive been writting off Haason Reddick since first seeing him listed as an edge at 6'1" 230. After reading his draft profile on NFL.com (most are up now) I figured I better take a look. I definitely liked what I saw. They have him listed as ILB on the senior bowl roster.

If he's barely played football but looks like Adonis, he's a shoo-in for stripes.  Gotta have somebody take hunt's place.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2017, 05:37 PM)McC Wrote: If he's barely played football but looks like Adonis, he's a shoo-in for stripes.  Gotta have somebody take hunt's place.

Kpassagnon isn't a project like Hunt. He's been playing football for a while.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2017, 05:48 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Kpassagnon isn't a project like Hunt. He's been playing football for a while.

Of course there was Pete Koch...
Reply/Quote