Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scribe Mock- Hobson's picks
Rd1) Calvin Ridley WR Bama.....
Rd2) Will Hernandez G UTEP.....

His picks are about as bad as his haircut....
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2018, 04:02 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Rd1) Calvin Ridley WR Bama.....

Hernandez in the 2nd would be a steal. Ridley would be a value pick that I'd actually be okay with, because it would allow us to move on from LaFell in my mind (and I have been a LaFell defender). I am not going to knock Hobson overall here because he strictly went value and in both cases he got good value. 
Reply/Quote
I'm sorry, but that's not really a "value" pick at all.

To me, this would have been a perfect scenario if he took Daniels or Ragnow at #21 and came back and got Hernandez in the 2nd. O-line FIXED.

And Good God, take ANYTHING but a WR. Anything. Look at who else was on the board and take any of them:

Vanderesch, Evans, Landry, Wynn.....
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2018, 04:02 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Rd1) Calvin Ridley WR Bama.....

Well, that just seals the deal.  Hobson is never allowed to even say the word draft ever again.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
In this scenario we take Landry.

Ridley is actually a very good prospect, but we have MUCH bigger needs than WR.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2018, 04:18 PM)Au165 Wrote: Hernandez in the 2nd would be a steal. Ridley would be a value pick that I'd actually be okay with, because it would allow us to move on from LaFell in my mind (and I have been a LaFell defender). I am not going to knock Hobson overall here because he strictly went value and in both cases he got good value. 

Just who was on the board still and picking a WR is my headscratcher for the day....
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2018, 04:22 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I'm sorry, but that's not really a "value" pick at all.  

To me, this would have been a perfect scenario if he took Daniels or Ragnow at #21 and came back and got Hernandez in the 2nd.  O-line FIXED.

And Good God, take ANYTHING but a WR.  Anything.  Look at who else was on the board and take any of them:

Vanderesch, Evans, Landry, Wynn.....

Absolutely! Price was still on the board after he picked Hernandez.... 
Reply/Quote
I like WR's, and even I would say no to Ridley. Not with the top Centers on the board.

We also have plenty of other spots that should be addressed before WR.

Plus this would basically be giving up on Ross after 1 year. And no, you don't draft a 1st round WR to play 3rd fiddle in the slot.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
The one to pay attention to at this time of year is Lap.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2018, 05:22 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Just who was on the board still and picking a WR is my headscratcher for the day....

I cant see it with ross last year... Unless they think AJ is declining... Or not sold on ross yet...   Or al davis's zombie is running things lol
Reply/Quote
I kept seeing Ridley going late and thinking I'd have a hard time passing on him even though we have WR's. And I love the Hernandez pick. So..I can't complain on Hobs picks
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This seriously made me laugh out loud Wedge. Hilarious

Good stuff, good thing the Haircut is always wrong come Draft day and truly hope so again.

You take Wynn/LVE/Evans/Landry and then Price in the 2nd and Hernandez will not be there at 46 either.

Hernandez might not make it to 21.

Heck, take Ragnow and then Hernandez if he is there which he won't be.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2018, 06:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This seriously made me laugh out loud Wedge. Hilarious

Good stuff, good thing the Haircut is always wrong come Draft day and truly hope so again.

You take Wynn/LVE/Evans/Landry and then Price in the 2nd and Hernandez will not be there at 46 either.

Hernandez might not make it to 21.

Heck, take Ragnow and then Hernandez if he is there which he won't be.

His new nickname  
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2018, 06:14 PM)bonesaw Wrote: I kept seeing Ridley going late and thinking I'd have a hard time passing on him even though we have WR's.  And I love the Hernandez pick.  So..I can't complain on Hobs picks
I just don't see Ridley getting by the Ravens and the Cowboys.  And have serious doubts about Hernandez getting to 46.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Short of completely jettisoning Ross between now and opening day I don't see WR anywhere near the top of  the draft. It's possible he could be traded draft day ,but that kind of stuff just isn't in the Bengals DNA  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
We pick another WR or CB in the first round I'm gonna drive to Cincinnati and ***** slap everybody from Mike on down.
Reply/Quote
Just a hunch but I think we better get used to the fact that the C we pick won't be Ragnow, Daniels or Price. If history is any indication of what's to come we won't select a C till round 4. I would love to have Ragnow and Price/Hernandez at G but I just don't see us going that direction early. My guess is our 1st RD pick will be DL/DB. Hope I'm wrong, even if someone on D falls in our lap, still doesn't fix our biggest need.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2018, 09:39 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Just a hunch but I think we better get used to the fact that the C we pick won't be Ragnow, Daniels or Price. If history is any indication of what's to come we won't select a C till round 4. I would love to have Ragnow and Price/Hernandez at G but I just don't see us going that direction early. My guess is our 1st RD pick will be DL/DB. Hope I'm wrong, even if someone on D falls in our lap, still doesn't fix our biggest need.

Could be,lapham brought up austin Corbett what round is he going? Idk if mason Cole would drop.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2018, 10:10 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Could be,lapham brought up austin Corbett what round is he going? Idk if mason Cole would drop.

Both should be there in the 4th. I know the draft is just a crap shoot but I wish we would get a stud C early and then address other needs. Even with the addition of Glenn I think we still need help at OT. I know I know Fisher was playing better but we still need depth. If they have Fisher and Glenn as our starters, would we pick a OT in the first for depth? Same situation with LB but the coaches felt that was a need even before Burfict was suspended. For that reason I think we go LB in the 1st hopefully C in RD 2. That leaves OT/DB/TE in my opinion. We have 2 picks in the 3rd, would love for us to find a way to trade back into the 3rd or even 2nd RD to fill those positions.

Vander Esch or Hernandez in 1, Ragnow or Daniels in 2, Brown/Crosby or Jones & Hayden Hurst in 3 and I would be very happy.
Reply/Quote
That would be 2 great players.
Reply/Quote