Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scuba diving
I love scuba diving. I am an open water advanced diver. My next step will be a Rescue diver and then on to Master diver.

Places I have been diving:
Cozumel Mexico
St. Croix Vrigin Islands
Florida Keys
West Palm Beach Florida
Lake Erie
A lake in West Virgina
Various Quaries in Ohio

Next big planned vacation dive is back To Florida Keys in MArch during spring break.

If any divers want to plan a day trip in Ohio, KY, or Indiana, or any other place im open.
Reply/Quote
Never been. But I love snorkling. That's one of my favorite things to do.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2015, 02:33 PM)Benton Wrote: Never been. But I love snorkling. That's one of my favorite things to do.

Then take the next step and go deeper. Its worth it. Most our trips is centered around diving. My wife and two sons are certified as well.
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2015, 02:46 PM)Bengalfan69 Wrote: Then take the next step and go deeper. Its worth it. Most our trips is centered around diving. My wife and two sons are certified as well.

Some day. I'm horribly cheap. I try to let that part of me go when we're on vacation, but we also try to squeeze in every possible tourist trap whatever location has to offer. But that should slow down some as the kids get older.
Reply/Quote
Come on man, be adventurous and do this.

I think you have to be a special kind of crazy to do something like this.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2015, 05:45 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Come on man, be adventurous and do this.

I think you have to be a special kind of crazy to do something like this.

Oh no. I have to come up if I need too. Been to 95' but I prefer 30-40.
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2015, 05:45 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: I think you have to be a special kind of crazy to do something like this.

What the hell, does it even open up?  Why would you want do that?
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2015, 11:19 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: What the hell, does it even open up?  Why would you want do that?

The scariest part was when that first guy through got his head stuck between the floor and ceiling for a second. I would have freaked out right then and there and died, lol.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2015, 11:53 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: The scariest part was when that first guy through got his head stuck between the floor and ceiling for a second. I would have freaked out right then and there and died, lol.

Right....because exploring a cave like that WITHOUT water isn't already dangerous enough.
Reply/Quote
I scuba here in Jupiter, also been to the keys.

Trying to get to Belize but not sure if we will be able to until late next year .
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2015, 04:38 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I scuba here in Jupiter, also been to the keys.  

Trying to get to Belize but not sure if we will be able to until late next year .

I did my advanced class just south of you, I think it was around Riviera Beach. Somewhere right in there.I know I flew to West Palm Beach airport and went a little north. I seen the biggest Goiliath Grouper ever about 90' down on a sunken barge. Had to be 600lbs, thing was huge.

Belize is on the radar. So many places to go.

Evev been diving just sout of Miami where the stone stautues are in the water? I forget the name of the place. It looked awesome.
Reply/Quote
I've got my open water but haven't been in about 10 years. At one point my wife and I went some where on vaction in the caribbean every year. Been diving in the keys, Bahamas on a couple of different islands, Cancun & Mexican riviera multiple times, Grand Cayman & Pueto Vallarta on the Pacific side of Mexico. Of all the place I've been Grand Cayman & Cancun were probaly two of the best areas. You're right it is a blast & it's hard to belive it's been that long since i've been. Got all the gear in a closet still.
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2015, 09:01 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote:  Of all the place I've been Grand Cayman & Cancun were probaly two of the best areas. 

I used to know a girl who was a hard core diver.  She went to Cayman Brac every year.  In the same area, but more specifically catered to divers.

One time she went on a "cruise" that looked like a cargo ship with nothing but bunks to sleep on.  They did nothing but dive.  They had a cook on the ship, but they ate what they caught from the ocean.
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2015, 08:45 AM)Bengalfan69 Wrote: I did my advanced class just south of you, I think it was around Riviera Beach. Somewhere right in there.I know I flew to West Palm Beach airport and went a little north. I seen the biggest Goiliath Grouper ever about 90' down on a sunken barge. Had to be 600lbs, thing was huge.

Belize is on the radar. So many places to go.

Evev been diving just sout of Miami where the stone stautues are in the water? I forget the name of the place. It looked awesome.

No I havent ... Will check it out though.
Reply/Quote