Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seahawks Forum fans
After watching all the trash talking and hard hitting Seattle play and hearing about the incessant 12th man in Seattle (and how their stadium was built to reverb sound) - I would have thought Seahawk fans would be like Patriots fans (AKA hard to talk to) - but reading their forum, several threads have their fans backing us up.

Whenever someone blames something other than Seattle's play, they will say things like:
  • Andy has been doing this all year, we're not making him look like a hall of famer, he's good.
  • Their OC is top tier, calling plays that line up 4 WRs on one side of the field with AJ singled out and getting a 1st down - our OC would call a run on 3rd down (lol). They're all calling for the OC head.
  • They're 4-0, now 5-0. We didn't "give the game away."
  • "Who have the Bengals beat all year? We're the toughest Defense they'll face yet." "Who have we beat? Bears & Lions."
  • Surprising or not many don't like R. Wilson (not just due to this game). At least most of us are getting on the same page about ours, lol. So yeah, even after you win a superbowl, you're still going to not like things about your team (AKA Wilson)
Although during the game they were pretty hot-headed, afterwards most have given props.

http://www.seahawks.net/viewforum.php?f=2
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
Polar opposite of stooler azzwipes.
Reply/Quote
Met some nice ones today....and more at The Hofbrau. Seahawk fans are a ok in my book.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 01:50 AM)Wyche Wrote: Met some nice ones today....and more at The Hofbrau.  Seahawk fans are a ok in my book.

I have no problems with the people of Seattle.  Beautiful city and chill people, who happen to be very passionate and supportive of a great football team.
Reply/Quote
It wasn't Seahawk fans that had most of the country rooting for the Patriots in the last Super Bowl - it was the highly arrogant attitude the entire team displayed. Swagger is one thing, the Seahawks take it too far and that goes back on Pete Carroll, who needs to tell the big mouths like Bennett and Sherman to shut up.
Reply/Quote
I didn't root for the pattycakes.. Sherman is a great corner, a bit brash, but hardly over the top. Seems we used to have a WR who talked trash. "How are you going to stop Ocho?"
Do you sit at home just thinking about new stuff to complain about?
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
The fans are ok, seem nice, but out of all of the boards I have visited.. theirs seemed less knowledgeable about the game itself than any of the others and honestly that kinda made me sad because of the teams success. I could only hack a few threads before I split. Now when it comes to music, I would have no problem hanging out with them for a few hours.

Reply/Quote
I don't care if they're nice people or not, if I had been at the game I woulda threw stuff at them as they walked away in shame. They deserved it for rooting for a team that lost.
Reply/Quote
Two of the things that 99% Hawks fans agree on is that our O-Line su... (to be fair they positively surprised me yesterday for most of the game)... and that we need to fire OC Darell Bevell. Other than that we have different opinions like all fan bases. Wink

Yes, there are some critics about Wilson, which I can agree on (like he holds the ball for too long), but without his elite athleticism he'd already be on IR playing behind that OL. I still like him and will always support him, but at the same time I know he's not flawless (nobody is).
Reply/Quote
This forum was split on Dalton since he's arrived 4-5 years ago, I think this season it's evident there are more supporters (finally) than naysayers. At least Seattle has won a championship so they have a formula that works/worked. We have a thread dedicated to all things Dalton stickied.

Our OC Bratkowski's head was called for years ago with Palmer, Hue Jackson is definitely an upgrade. When your fans can telegraph your play calls (run, run, run, punt) or you go like nine three and outs in a row, maybe it's time - lol (something Bratkowski was famous for).

The offensive line combined with R. Wilson holding the ball is causing sacks, Andy had 2 sacks coming in all year - the hawks got him for 4 more, but they're good. Contrastly, Wilson had 18 coming in. I read Wilson has been throwing the ball quicker these days, Andy is in the top 4 for doing that (WCO).
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 02:12 AM)Joelist Wrote: It wasn't Seahawk fans that had most of the country rooting for the Patriots in the last Super Bowl - it was the highly arrogant attitude the entire team displayed. Swagger is one thing, the Seahawks take it too far and that goes back on Pete Carroll, who needs to tell the big mouths like Bennett and Sherman to shut up.

I don't think everyone was rooting for the Patriots.  I wanted those cheaters to lose.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 07:11 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: This forum was split on Dalton since he's arrived 4-5 years ago, I think this season it's evident there are more supporters (finally) than naysayers. At least Seattle has won a championship so they have a formula that works/worked. We have a thread dedicated to all things Dalton stickied.

Our OC Bratkowski's head was called for years ago with Palmer, Hue Jackson is definitely an upgrade. When your fans can telegraph your play calls (run, run, run, punt) or you go like nine three and outs in a row, maybe it's time - lol (something Bratkowski was famous for).

The offensive line combined with R. Wilson holding the ball is causing sacks, Andy had 2 sacks coming in all year - the hawks got him for 4 more, but they're good. Contrastly, Wilson had 18 coming in. I read Wilson has been throwing the ball quicker these days, Andy is in the top 4 for doing that (WCO).

I think it's understandable for fans to have a split opinions on their QBs, unless they are called Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady. Not that they don't have bad games (AR had one yesterday), but I don't think there is a fan of Green Bay or New England who wants to get rid of them. All other QBs probably have at least some "haters" in their own fan base. Even Peyton Manning probably divides Broncos fans these days, when is clear he's not the same anymore and probably never will be.

I wanted us to draft Dalton (or even Kaepernick, lol) back in 2011, when Matt Hasselbeck left for the Titans and we had Tarvaris Jackson and Charlie Whitehurst at QB. I liked him over the past few years but never considered him a top 10 QB. But this year he clearly make a big step forward in his development. Yes, he has great weapons around him, but as you said, also a better OC, who can use them. We traded for Percy Harvin and Bevell didn't know how to use him (forget for a moment, that he was injury prone and a headcase and that's why we get rid of him quickly). Now I'm affraid the same thing is happening with Jimmy Graham.

BTW, talking about TE - I was impressed with Eifert yesterday. 
Reply/Quote
I lived as a Bengals fan near Seattle (Tacoma) for 3 years because of the military. And I have to admit football Sunday in Seattle is way more energetic there than in Ohio.

BUT one thing we win at is we aren't arrogant when we win. I swear whenever the Seahawks did lose their fans would lose it lol
Reply/Quote
Oh yeah, we had a lot of Kaep lovers in here too (why didn't we draft him?) - that's pretty much non existent this year, haha.

Eifert is a beast, he has been injury prone (knock on wood). Dalton is throwing dimes which doesn't hurt, but we could see even in the 1st game last year when he got hurt, he had an immediate impact.

My opinion on kaepernick is they're trying to change him or he doesn't want to fall into the mold of a running QB. He should persuade them to let him do that, 150 yards passing a game with 50 yards rushing will win them games, instead he stays in the pocket - and he's not the most accurate QB. Flipside Dalton has become deadly accurate.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 08:09 AM)Housh Wrote: I lived as a Bengals fan near Seattle (Tacoma) for 3 years because of the military. And I have to admit football Sunday in Seattle is way more energetic there than in Ohio.

BUT one thing we win at is we aren't arrogant when we win. I swear whenever the Seahawks did lose their fans would lose it lol

Speak for yourself, lol. I'm pretty arrogant when we lose and win, especially with the amount of public trash talking that goes on! If you dish it, better be able to take it. But not everyone is like that so civil discussions can occur.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals won.

However, imagine if we went into Seattle and blew a 24-7 lead, in a similar fashion. Imagine the comments on this board? Trust me...a lot of them wouldn't be humbly giving Seattle props for the comeback.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 08:10 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Oh yeah, we had a lot of Kaep lovers in here too (why didn't we draft him?) - that's pretty much non existent this year, haha.

Eifert is a beast, he has been injury prone (knock on wood). Dalton is throwing dimes which doesn't hurt, but we could see even in the 1st game last year when he got hurt, he had an immediate impact.

My opinion on kaepernick is they're trying to change him or he doesn't want to fall into the mold of a running QB. He should persuade them to let him do that, 150 yards passing a game with 50 yards rushing will win them games, instead he stays in the pocket - and he's not the most accurate QB. Flipside Dalton has become deadly accurate.

Agree about Kaep, but I also think his confidence is broken right now. He'll need a really good OC and/or HC if they want to save his carreer. But I wouldn't be surprised if this is his last season in Santa Clara.
Reply/Quote
The Seahawks have more loud mouthed, douche bag casuals per capita than any other fanbase I can think of. They make New England and Pittsburgh seem like great places to hang out in a sports bar.

WTS, like literally every other sports fanbase, they have their share of objective observers, hardcore fans, guys that have lived the sport their entire lives, and great people to boot. The loudest fans are the ones that represent the majority (on social media, in bars, etc.), and they happen to be absolutely awful. Winning that Super Bowl turned them from people I rarely heard from to people that I can't get away from.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 09:23 AM)djs7685 Wrote: The Seahawks have more loud mouthed, douche bag casuals per capita than any other fanbase I can think of. They make New England and Pittsburgh seem like great places to hang out in a sports bar.

WTS, like literally every other sports fanbase, they have their share of objective observers, hardcore fans, guys that have lived the sport their entire lives, and great people to boot. The loudest fans are the ones that represent the majority (on social media, in bars, etc.), and they happen to be absolutely awful. Winning that Super Bowl turned them from people I rarely heard from to people that I can't get away from.

Nonsense, there is no bigger douche hole than a stooler.
Reply/Quote