Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Seahawks at @ THE JUNGLE. (Predictions)
- Bengals are 19-2-1 in 1pm games
- Bengals are 15-2-1 at home since 2013
- The Seahawks are pretty average on the road (10-7 since 2013)
- Marshawn either won't play or won't be 100%
- Fwiw, the Bengals won the last match 34-12 @Seattle (2011), holding Lynch to 24 yards on 16 carries

Bengals- 31
Seahawks- 20
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I've got my pick now......Bengals 13, Seahawks 10......I would advise not betting the over, I see a low scoring game coming. Two good defenses. Not a good day at the office for the offenses. ....I don't think much of Seattle offensive line all new this year and using D linemen and tight ends as O linemen.  Their QB is getting hit almost as much as Kansas City QB....Their kick returner and Sherman as punt returner can kill you, as per Bears game, so keep the ball away from them. kick it out of end zone or kick it out of bounds. Make all kick non returnable. ....I like that we play them after a Monday Nighter and they have to make the long flight from Seattle to Cincy. .....Fans may boo Dalton a little in this game, but it is the Super Bowl Seahawks tough defense.  Just as long as we come out of it 5-0, don't boo the offense much if they don't light up the scoreboard this weekend.  I sure wouldn't pick offensive players for fantasy football in this game, because this game will probably be all defense, all day long.....Hopefully the fans won't boo Dalton and will all be focused on being the 12th man on defense as Seattle is at home. ....Hey, Bengals have played tough defense games every year considering Ravens and Steelers defenses the last 4 years. Bengals can win a low scoring game like the time they beat Steelers 13 to 10 to go to play-offs in 2012.  Seattle D is no better than some of the Steelers and Ravens D's we have played the last few years. Bengals have built a team of players to play in the tough D games of the AFC North. .....Bengals 13, Steelers, I mean Seahawks 10....13 to 10 Bengals win IN THE JUNGLE, in THE JUNGLE. Who Dey, Who Dey. 

Now the 13 to 10 score could be more if the defenses score. and that is possible. Not a good day to be throwing pick 6 or fumbling for TD's. The team that makes the costly turnovers will lose. Bengals can't make all the penalties they did against Chiefs. You can't be 1st and 20 or 2nd and 20 against this defense all game and expect to win. Bengals need to clean up the illegal procedure stuff in practice this week. Still, I like our O line a lot better than their new O Line. This is NOT the Super Bowl O Line and I think the coach has gone wacky using D Linemen and tight ends as his new O Line because his QB is getting clobbered, but, he can scramble like Tarkington, which saves his bacon. I like our D Line much more.  The only thing that could beat us is their Fran Tarkington like QB if we can't catch him, or their kick return stars if we let them run wild on us. Well, also us making turnovers.  We really could get them in THE JUNGLE because they have to play on a short week and they have to make the extra long flight......Bengals 13, Seahawks 10
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
This will be a Defensive battle and the Squawks come back late but our D holds on as usual...

Bengals-21
Seahawks-17
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2015, 11:46 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: - Bengals are 19-2-1 in 1pm games
- Bengals are 15-2-1 at home since 2013
- The Seahawks are pretty average on the road (10-7 since 2013)
- Marshawn either won't play or won't be 100%
- Fwiw, the Bengals won the last match 34-12 @Seattle (2011), holding Lynch to 24 yards on 16 carries

Bengals- 31
Seahawks- 20

I remember that game in Seattle, it was a rough one right before the Seahawks started to get good.

Lots of fighting, it was like a Division game but we ended up beating the crap out of them without a
good QB. They have a good QB now though which is why i see it being a close game with that Defense.
Reply/Quote
Just a random stat I stumbled across while looking at career splits.

The NFCW is the only division that Andy has thrown more INTs than TDs against.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2015, 12:23 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Just a random stat I stumbled across while looking at career splits.

The NFCW is the only division that Andy has thrown more INTs than TDs against.

Do you mean his rookie year.....His rookie year when he came in and started every game, unlike Johnny Football or even Carson Palmer, bless his holy name.....He was a rookie in 2011.......Oh, Bengals went 3-1 against NFC West in 2011, 3-1 against NFC East in 2012, 3-1 against NFC North in 2013 and winning record with a tie against NFC South. .....Bengals also had winning records against AFC South twice, AFC East once and now AFC West twice including 2015. ......all with Dalton as QB. ....and Dalton was in the Pro bowl as a rookie in 2011. ....In case fans and media haven't been noticing in 2015, Dalton is no longer a rookie and is making passes like Ken Anderson or Boomer Esiason when they were veterans . 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2015, 12:37 PM)kevin Wrote: Do you mean his rookie year.....His rookie year when he came in and started every game, unlike Johnny Football or even Carson Palmer, bless his holy name.....He was a rookie in 2011.......Oh, Bengals went 3-1 against NFC West in 2011, 3-1 against NFC East in 2012, 3-1 against NFC North in 2013 and winning record with a tie against NFC South. .....Bengals also had winning records against AFC South twice, AFC East once and now AFC West twice including 2015. ......all with Dalton as QB. ....and Dalton was in the Pro bowl as a rookie in 2011. ....In case fans and media haven't been noticing in 2015, Dalton is no longer a rookie and is making passes like Ken Anderson or Boomer Esiason when they were veterans . 

Oh, okay.

Well anyway. Andy Dalton has still thrown more INTs than TDs when playing 1 division in the entire league, and that is the NFCW. Not really saying that it means a whole lot since yes, we did play them his rookie season, but it's all we have to go by in the Dalton era thus far.

Andy has his chance to play better against a division that he didn't fare too well against his first time through. His 2 lowest career ratings are against the NFCW and AFCN, and he has a very good chance of increasing both of those numbers by the end of the year.

Some people get way too worked up when they see a stat they don't like it seems.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2015, 12:52 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Oh, okay.

Well anyway. Andy Dalton has still thrown more INTs than TDs when playing 1 division in the entire league, and that is the NFCW. Not really saying that it means a whole lot since yes, we did play them his rookie season, but it's all we have to go by in the Dalton era thus far.

Andy has his chance to play better against a division that he didn't fare too well against his first time through. His 2 lowest career ratings are against the NFCW and AFCN, and he has a very good chance of increasing both of those numbers by the end of the year.

Some people get way too worked up when they see a stat they don't like it seems.

well he fixes that this year. whats the totals? how many tds to ints did he deliver his rookie season (vs the nfcW)?
Reply/Quote
What's up with all the high scores? Sure Andy and the O is on fire, but Seattle still has a great D and play "ball control" except for Wilson being prone to getting the ball poked out. Though the long arm freak DL's will help Cincy, I think they try to keep an extra blocker in for Wilson more. Cincy will get some sacks and a fumble, but it's not going to be a shootout. Eifert will make a few clutch catches, but I can really see Cincy using a lot of screens to keep the Cover 3 honest.

Bengals 20
Seahawks 16
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2015, 12:55 PM)phil413 Wrote: What's up with all the high scores? Sure Andy and the O is on fire, but Seattle still has a great D and play "ball control" except for Wilson being prone to getting the ball poked out. Though the long arm freak DL's will help Cincy, I think they try to keep an extra blocker in for Wilson more. Cincy will get some sacks and a fumble, but it's not going to be a shootout. Eifert will make a few clutch catches, but I can really see Cincy using a lot of screens to keep the Cover 3 honest.

Bengals 20
Seahawks 16

bengals have been averaging 30+ at home i believe.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2015, 12:53 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: well he fixes that this year.  whats the totals?  how many tds to ints did he deliver his rookie season (vs the nfcW)?

I believe it was 4:5. Nothing staggeringly bad, especially for a rookie, but he hasn't seen any of the NFC divisions more than once each in his career, yet his NFC passer rating is great and would be through the roof if not for the NFCW.

NFCE - 103.2
NFCN - 120.3
NFCS - 99.6
NFCW - 67

Yes, there can easily be a disclaimer that the NFCW was his rookie season, but he hasn't seen some of these other teams in quite some time either, and he played well against almost all of them past the West.

Just interesting, I think. Nothing to get all bent out of shape over.
Reply/Quote
Hawks - 13
Bengals - 16
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2015, 01:01 PM)djs7685 Wrote: I believe it was 4:5. Nothing staggeringly bad, especially for a rookie, but he hasn't seen any of the NFC divisions more than once each in his career, yet his NFC passer rating is great and would be through the roof if not for the NFCW.

NFCE - 103.2
NFCN - 120.3
NFCS - 99.6
NFCW - 67

Yes, there can easily be a disclaimer that the NFCW was his rookie season, but he hasn't seen some of these other teams in quite some time either, and he played well against almost all of them past the West.

Just interesting, I think. Nothing to get all bent out of shape over.

no and i wasnt i was just curious as to what the numbers actually were.
Overall i agree he has been pretty solid vs the NFC (he and the bengals) and hes only played each of the NFC teams 1 time each. he restarting the rotation this year.
But overall a 12-3-1 record his first time thru i think is pretty good.

This is a test we have been waiting for with Seattle... I think our Defense should have the upper hand on their offense if we remember how to tackle.

Its our offense vs their Defense i wanna see.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2015, 01:08 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: no and i wasnt i was just curious as to what the numbers actually were.  
Overall i agree he has been pretty solid vs the NFC (he and the bengals)  and hes only played each of the NFC teams 1 time each.  he restarting the rotation this year.
But overall a 12-3-1 record  his first time thru i think is pretty good.    

This is a test we have been waiting for with Seattle...  I think our Defense should have the upper hand on their offense if we remember how to tackle.  

Its our offense vs their Defense i wanna see.

Yeah sorry I wasn't referring to you getting bent out of shape, by the way.

But yeah, the Bengals have been great against the NFC in the Andy era, and a lot of it has to do with how well he's played against them to really help the team. Some of the best games of his career have come against teams like the Saints, Vikings, Lions, and Giants.

A lot of people are focusing on the matchup between our offense and Seattle's defense, when I think it's going to be the other side that really determines the outcome. Andy and company WILL score some points, the Seattle D WILL make some plays at times. I think that part will be an even back and forth matchup throughout the day. The other side of the ball worries me though. We need our LBs to cover and tackle better, our secondary to be healthy, and our DEs to contain Wilson from scrambling outside too much.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2015, 12:55 PM)phil413 Wrote: What's up with all the high scores? Sure Andy and the O is on fire, but Seattle still has a great D and play "ball control" except for Wilson being prone to getting the ball poked out.  Though the long arm freak DL's will help Cincy, I think they try to keep an extra blocker in for Wilson more.  Cincy will get some sacks and a fumble, but it's not going to be a shootout.  Eifert will make a few clutch catches, but I can really see Cincy using a lot of screens to keep the Cover 3 honest.  

Bengals 20
Seahawks 16

The Seahens laid an egg last night. If not for Megatron's carelessness then the subsequent refereeing mishap, they'd have lost to an 0-3 Loins squad. At home.

Short week. Road game. Lynch not 100% with a hammy. 

Cincinnati should be able to hang 30 on 'em. 
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2015, 12:09 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I remember that game in Seattle, it was a rough one right before the Seahawks started to get good.

Lots of fighting, it was like a Division game but we ended up beating the crap out of them without a
good QB. They have a good QB now though which is why i see it being a close game with that Defense.

Right. Their defense finished 9th that year, but Tavaris Jackson was no Russell Wilson. He was decent though, at least against us. TJack actually threw for 323 yards in that game. We stuffed Lynch. The Seahawks should be 1-3 right now, as the officials gifted them a win at home against a disappointing Lions team. I think they're vulnerable at this point.

Considering all factors (we're at home, Lynch has a hammy issue, Seahawks offense looks weak, our offense is loaded with weapons) I just think this might be a fairly comfortable win (10 points or so). We'll see. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I keep harping on this, but it's going to come down to how well they contain Wilson. If they're missing tackles and allowing him time to turn nothing into something, they're going to have a rough day. If the defense can keep him bottled up, get sufficient pressure, record some sacks, and force some turnovers, I'm confident in the offense's ability to get the job done. Even with all of the great plays Wilson has made the last couple of weeks, their offense hasn't been generating much in the way of points. We need a lights-out performance from Guenther's group.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2015, 12:55 PM)phil413 Wrote: What's up with all the high scores? Sure Andy and the O is on fire, but Seattle still has a great D and play "ball control" except for Wilson being prone to getting the ball poked out.  Though the long arm freak DL's will help Cincy, I think they try to keep an extra blocker in for Wilson more.  Cincy will get some sacks and a fumble, but it's not going to be a shootout.  Eifert will make a few clutch catches, but I can really see Cincy using a lot of screens to keep the Cover 3 honest.  

Bengals 20
Seahawks 16

The Seahawks have given up 34 points to the Rams and 27 to the Packers in their 2 road games this year. 

The Bengals have averaged 30.6 points per game over their last 18 home games, scoring 30+ 11 times.

So yeah. Maybe not as preposterous as you think.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2015, 08:09 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The Seahawks have given up 34 points to the Rams and 27 to the Packers in their 2 road games this year. 

The Bengals have averaged 30.6 points per game over their last 18 home games, scoring 30+ 11 times.

So yeah. Maybe not as preposterous as you think.
good counter point of an argument...  Wink
Reply/Quote
Bengals 36

Seahawks 24
Reply/Quote