Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Season MVP
Joe Mixon is the MVP.

I'd like to see the OL improved enough so that title can go back where it belongs, with the QB, Andy Dalton.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Joe Mixon.

He lead the AFC in rushing yards and basically kept the Bengals semi-competitive for a while despite being saddled with the NFL's worst defense, a loser as a QB, a bunch of loser coaches and around 27 injured pass catchers leaving him as the only weapon on offense
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 10:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: They've invested plenty in the Oline and hired the O line coach of on of the best in the NFL.

Of all the made up things that need to stop in the forum; this is among the top. 

They've invested a lot of draft stock in the offensive line. But letting Zeitler and Whitworth walk was...troubling. To say the least.

That said, I think they have a good shot at having a decent left side, but that right side is ridiculous. Westerman not starting until after Redmond has those two PFs was silly.

As for Defensive MVP:
I agree, it has to go to Shawn Williams. He really stepped his game up. Not only has he had a great year in terms of turnovers, but he has been hitting the RB behind the line quite a bit this year. He seems to have a nose for the ball carrier.

Geno had a great year as well, but he did kind of disappear for a while there.

Bates is rookie of the year as well.
Reply/Quote
Yeah, it's tough to even come up with candidates for MVP. The only ones I could think of would be Mixon or Boyd, and maybe Williams or Bates on defense? It was a rough year with injuries taking away pretty much every conceivable option.
Reply/Quote
MVP- Tyler Boyd
DPOY- Geno Atkins
ROY- Jessie Bates & Sam Hubbard
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Just think if Mixon was used right and got the carries that he deserved.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 09:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As you know your boy bfine likes to get interaction going in the forum. So despite a disappointing season we still need to name an MVP. Give me your pick and your reasons. Once done we'll create a thread with a poll.

Also any other awards you think should be awarded.

For MVP I'd have to ask myself who didn't disappear during the season this year. Some names that come to mind are: RB Joe Mixon, WR Tyler Boyd, OG Clint Boling, P Huber, K Bullock, KR Erickson, LS Harris, ST Fejedelem.

Disappointment of the Year award would have to go to John Ross and I don't think there are any close seconds to this one. Guy was a top 10 pick and when the team needed him to be a #1 receiver he just didn't step up, not even in the slightest.

Rookie of the Year award: Jessie Bates, Sam Hubbard are options. I'd go with Bates because he started.

Comeback player of the year: Boyd. I don't have anyone else.

The Don't Let the Door Hit your Ass on the Way Out Award: Marvin Lewis

Reply/Quote
Shawn Williams deserves some props. Dude has made plays all year. He made some mistakes, but who didn't on this defense?
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 11:52 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: Just think if Mixon was used right and got the carries that he deserved.

Exactly

Mixon could have been used much more effectively and without burning him up. And imagine if we had an NFL caliber Oline.
Reply/Quote
Joe Mixon is the team MVP. I don't think it's up for debate.

Tyley Boyd is the Most Improved Player or Breakout Player.

I'd go with Geno Atkins and Shawn Williams for DPOY or Defensive MVP.

Jesse Bates and Sam Hubbard as ROY.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 11:56 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Exactly

Mixon could have been used much more effectively and without burning him up. And imagine if we had an NFL caliber Oline.

It should be obvious that there will be a new OC next year, it can’t be much worse.
Reply/Quote
Gotta be Mr Bobby Hart for me. He went from being utter trash in New York to being better than two first round picks on this team. He also managed to improve from utter trash to barely functional, which is, well, something.

I say sign him to a 5 year deal and hang a banner with his image in the PBS concourse. Congrats to the brain trust of this organization for finding this turd in the rough while every other team passed. I mean, who else would have the visionary genius to make this guy your starting RT for an entire season?
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 12:08 AM)samhain Wrote: Gotta be Mr Bobby Hart for me.  He went from being utter trash in New York to being better than two first round picks on this team.  He also managed to improve from utter trash to barely functional, which is, well, something.  

I say sign him to a 5 year deal and hang a banner with his image in the PBS concourse.  Congrats to the brain trust of this organization for finding this turd in the rough while every other team passed.  I mean, who else would have the visionary genius to make this guy your starting RT for an entire season?

Breaking News: Bengals sign RT Bobby Hart to a 7 year contract for $900,000 total! Contract is front loaded so Hart could earn up to $150,000 in year 1 if he hits all of his incentives.

The Bengals also have advertising rights for the bottom of Harts shoes. It's unclear why the Bengals want this.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 12:15 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Breaking News: Bengals sign RT Bobby Hart to a 7 year contract for $900,000 total! Contract is front loaded so Hart could earn up to $150,000 in year 1 if he hits all of his incentives.

The Bengals also have advertising rights for the bottom of Harts shoes. It's unclear why the Bengals want this.  Hilarious

Executive of the year awards are earned with moves like this one.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 10:16 PM)McC Wrote: Obviously Mixon. For the love of all that's holy, please put a line in front of him so we can see just how good he can be.

And get an OC who knows how to be a run-oriented offense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 10:56 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Joe Mixon is the MVP.

I'd like to see the OL improved enough so that title can go back where it belongs, with the QB, Andy Dalton.

Why does it belong with Dalton? You can give him an OL full of Pro Bowlers and he’s never going to be as good as Mixon is at his position. We have a bonafide superstar with this kid.

As for my pick it’s obviously Joe Mixon.

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 12:51 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Why does it belong with Dalton? You can give him an OL full of Pro Bowlers and he’s never going to be as good as Mixon is at his position. We have a bonafide superstar with this kid.

As for my pick it’s obviously Joe Mixon.

The MVP of any adult football team should always be the QB.  If it happens to be a position player, then that team has problems.  Just like the Bengals have major problems.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Alcohol.

It was the only thing that made watching this season quasi-bearable.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 01:57 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Alcohol.

It was the only thing that made watching this season quasi-bearable.

Hell, I'll nominate the Steelers in that vein.  Watching them flounder around and royally screw shit up over the last 2 months has made a terrible season somehow less painful.  Unlike us, they managed to be failures with one of the best rosters in the league.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 01:51 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The MVP of any adult football team should always be the QB.  If it happens to be a position player, then that team has problems.  Just like the Bengals have major problems.

Von Miller, Malcom Smith, Santonio Holmes, Hines Ward, Deion Branch, Dexter Jackson, Ray Lewis...

What do they all have in common? Non-QB Super Bowl MVP’s. Obviously there’s way more QB’s that win than any other position, but your QB doesn’t have to be your MVP.

Reply/Quote