Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Season Predictions, what's yours ?
I'm still not sure how to feel about this team. My gut still tells me the O-line is gonna be the thorn in the side. My confidence in a Mike and Marvin led team is still in the dumpster.

Here's what Jim O. thinks and I'm not sure I can disagree a whole lot.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2017/09/03/jim-owczarski-2017-cincinnati-bengals-season-prediction/603143001/
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Yeah. I see 7-9 or 8-8 too.

I think Cleveland beats us once.
Reply/Quote
Looking at the schedule i want to say 12-4.

But marv likes to lose to rookie QBs. So ill give the browns one.

Bullock likes to miss crucial kicks. At least one will come down to a big kick. So that is another L.

So i say 10-6
Reply/Quote
Add 2 more games lost as a direct result of Marv's splendid coaching ... 8-8

(09-04-2017, 03:07 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Looking at the schedule i want to say 12-4.

But marv likes to lose to rookie QBs. So ill give the browns one.

Bullock likes to miss crucial kicks. At least one will come down to a big kick. So that is another L.

So i say 10-6
Reply/Quote
I am flipping 2 of these 5 losses to  wins ( @Baltimore, @Minnesota, Houston, @Tenn, Pittsburgh) so staying with 10-6
Reply/Quote
With the way this team looks I'm going with 6-10. Looking at the schedule we should win 10 but like others said, our struggles against rookie and backup QB's, our prime time track record, and our kicker costing one (Hopefully they learn from last year and 1 game is all they allow him to cost us) and some coaching blunders. Hell you know what, I'm going to change my prediction, I'm gonna say 6-9-1 We did bring in a couple decent looking players. But I still think this O line plays worse than last year which will balance out the easy schedule resulting in the same record as last year. Hope I'm wrong.
Reply/Quote
sticking with 8-8 (+/- 2)

If Eifert and AJ stay healthy with rest of team for the most part like Andy, then i'm leaning to 10-6 actually. Those two guys are vital for that to happen. If injuries to them and others start to pile up, then kaboom, 6-10 likely possibility again.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
6-10 too many holes on both lines for me to be confident.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
What a bunch of ***** defeatists.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
7-9

vs. Baltimore W
vs. Houston L (Marvin in Prime time?)
@ Green Bay L
@ Cleveland L
vs. Buffalo W
@ Pittsburgh L
vs. Indianapolis W
@ Jacksonville W
@ Tennessee L
@ Denver L
vs. Cleveland W
vs. Pittsburgh L (Marvin in Prime time again?)
vs. Chicago W
@ Minnesota L
vs. Detroit W
@ Baltimore L
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2017, 04:32 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: 6-10 too many holes on both lines for me to be confident.

Look at the AFC. Every team outside the Patriots has holes. We are just as good as the rest of the Conference. 
Reply/Quote
I think we're headed for another heart breaker. I'm gonna say 9 - 7 just missing the playoffs. We'll play just good enough at times to get your hopes up, then fold against the better teams when it counts.

Not really a top level team, not really a stinker. The AFCW sweeps the wildcard spots up.

Really sad part is, just enough to get ole Marv another contract.
Reply/Quote
17-2

Super Bowl champions
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop before I say the Bengals don't deserve to win a game. Realistically, and trying my best to be objective, I see them going 6-10, or at best 8-8. Me still being salty notwithstanding, I don't think they're any better than that this year.
Reply/Quote
I usually don't get too down on things as insignificant as sports. But it's tough to say that the window that the Bengals had didn't close.

Hard to see this team as a better than .500 club realistically. Sure, everything could very well come together and we could be a surprising 11-5. Everything could also fall apart by the bye and we could be a dismal 4-12
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2017, 04:59 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: Look at the AFC. Every team outside the Patriots has holes. We are just as good as the rest of the Conference. 

I get it but our holes are like the great grand canyon. If you can't protect the QB or get to the opposing QB you are in some serious shit.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
9-7, wildcard birth and Marvin is gone after this year........
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
7-9 or 8-8 to many unknowns !
Reply/Quote
10-6 and at least one playoff win
Reply/Quote
I can't resist 11-5, but the 40+ years as a fan is saying .500 at best.
Reply/Quote