Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Season Predictions
I thought Billings would end up pushing us over the Playoff hump, since that might be out of the question
i am giving us two less wins than i predicted earlier and one and done in the Playoffs once again...

11-5 AFC North Champs but one and done.

Maybe next season if Billings is healthy. Peko played good last year but that is not enough to get us over
the hump and we have no DE depth that i know of right now, only hopes for one of Hunt, Clarke or
Hardison to show up. We will see but the Billings injury really hurt my Playoff win hopes.
Reply/Quote
I'm picking the Bengals and Steelers tying the division at 11-5 this year with the Bengals owning the tie breaker. Of course, it depends on how we start the season. If we go 2-4 in the first six games, then we'll be lucky to finish 9-7.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2016, 01:42 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I'm picking the Bengals and Steelers tying the division at 11-5 this year with the Bengals owning the tie breaker. Of course, it depends on how we start the season. If we go 2-4 in the first six games, then we'll be lucky to finish 9-7.

Eh, the 2nd half of the season is cake for a team like ours if we are healthy.

I still think even if we went 2-4 in the first six we would win 11. That is if we are not decimated by injuries.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2016, 12:41 PM)3wt Wrote: Will depend on if our offensive and defensive lines come around.  There's a lot of youth playing right now.   But if we don't get some improvement at tackle and center...

If they can make the playoffs again and that's going to be a big if,with two different O-linemen,two new receivers,and then you look at injuries,i just hope our starting qb does not try to do too much and get himself hurt.He has got to trust someone besides aj green.He gets one- sided on that issue and that will hurt the team if he does not spread it around.My early thoughts are hopefully a 10-6 record.If our D can keep us in games I think we will win most of our home games.I would be happy with a 11-5 or even 10-6.Just get in the dance.We are good enough to win a playoff game away.I think if we get in,we will be the most dangerous team playing,because by the end of the season we will know for sure what we can do and its going to be awesome baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LETS GO,WHO-DEY ALL DAY.ITS OUR TURN,OUR TIME AND OUR TEAM.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2016, 06:25 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: If they can make the playoffs again and that's going to be a big if,with two different O-linemen,two new receivers,and then you look at injuries,i just hope our starting qb does not try to do too much and get himself hurt.He has got to trust someone besides aj green.He gets one- sided on that issue and that will hurt the team if he does not spread it around.My early thoughts are hopefully a 10-6 record.If our D can keep us in games I think we will win most of our home games.I would be happy with a 11-5 or even 10-6.Just get in the dance.We are good enough to win a playoff game away.I think if we get in,we will be the most dangerous team playing,because by the end of the season we will know for sure what we can do and its going to be awesome baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LETS GO,WHO-DEY ALL DAY.ITS OUR TURN,OUR TIME AND OUR TEAM.

After reading the bolded text, I want to run through a brick wall!!!

Reply/Quote
(08-13-2016, 06:25 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: If they can make the playoffs again and that's going to be a big if,with two different O-linemen,two new receivers,and then you look at injuries,i just hope our starting qb does not try to do too much and get himself hurt.He has got to trust someone besides aj green.He gets one- sided on that issue and that will hurt the team if he does not spread it around.My early thoughts are hopefully a 10-6 record.If our D can keep us in games I think we will win most of our home games.I would be happy with a 11-5 or even 10-6.Just get in the dance.We are good enough to win a playoff game away.I think if we get in,we will be the most dangerous team playing,because by the end of the season we will know for sure what we can do and its going to be awesome baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LETS GO,WHO-DEY ALL DAY.ITS OUR TURN,OUR TIME AND OUR TEAM.
It will be 13-3 and I'm not worried at all about making the playoffs whose gonna challenge us for the add north? Steelers? They will be 9-7 if they're lucky have no number 2 or 3 really I think a guy off the street is better than Wheaton or Hayward bey in proven tight end who is already hurt 7 months after surgery on same ankle number 1 seed in the arc is my prediction 
Reply/Quote
Overlooking the Steelers is never a good idea. They will battle us for the North. It can go either way. Their defense looked scary the other night.

Reply/Quote
Our starting defense looked even better, albeit for only 3 plays... which were all AWESOME!!
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2016, 09:59 AM)jeremydc Wrote: Overlooking the  Steelers is never a good idea. They will battle us for the North. It can go either  way. Their defense looked scary the other night.

I don't think people are overlooking the Steelers. For the most part, I think some are just suggesting that the Steelers are overrated and they have more holes and issues than some are willing to acknowledge. 

Jpoore is right about the Steelers weakness at WR (outside of Brown of course) and their TE situation is shaping up to be a disaster. They'll also be without Bell for awhile. As for their defense, I'll need to see more than a preseason game to classify it as anything other than a weak spot. Especially their secondary.

The Steelers didn't exactly look invincible last year. They were .500 and showing plenty of warts before a late season surge where they played 6 straight backup QBs. Ben threw a ton of INTs. They got outplayed in the playoffs by McCarron and Peyton led teams. Not exactly Super Bowl material. Now they have even more questions.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote