Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Season Saved! Cordy Glenn may play this weekend!
(11-20-2019, 03:38 PM)R3stangs Wrote: In other news AJ Green will get paid another 1+ million dollars this weekend to wear a Bengals sweatshirt on the sideline.

Do I have to wear the Bengal gear?

Yes. For a million dollars put on the damn sweatshirt.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Hopefully he plays well this last half of the season and we can muster a 5th Rd pick for him or higher.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Mr. Wonderful says, "Cordy Glenn is dead to me"!

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2019, 04:51 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Gonna start getting work at LT today? Did any of the reporters ask where Glenn was getting work at last week when he wasn’t on the injury list? Or any of the other weeks he had been practicing while on the injury list? If he’s just starting to work at LT today WTF has he been doing at practice?

He's been receiving treatment from Dr. Jose Cuervo...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Why would he even want to play? Is he just bored?
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2019, 03:27 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I’m amazed this bum is still on the team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has he been a bum when he's actually played? Has he actually played since that trade?
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2019, 11:45 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Has he been a bum when he's actually played? Has he actually played since that trade?

He played last year at a below average level.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2019, 11:47 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He played last year at a below average level.

Sign him to a 3 year extension if healthy then. Below average is close to average and we could use a little more average around here.
Reply/Quote
It's beautiful threads like this that keep me around here.

Damn you!
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
I don't see a major difference between Glenn & Green. At this point it seems like Green isn't playing this season so he doesn't re-injure himself because he's in line for a payday.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2019, 09:22 AM)PDub80 Wrote: I don't see a major difference between Glenn & Green. At this point it seems like Green isn't playing this season so he doesn't re-injure himself because he's in line for a payday.

I disagree.

If Green does not play this year he won't get shit in free agency.  No team will pay a guy his age who has missed a full year and a halfwithout even making it through one practice session.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2019, 09:22 AM)PDub80 Wrote: I don't see a major difference between Glenn & Green. At this point it seems like Green isn't playing this season so he doesn't re-injure himself because he's in line for a payday.

Glenn isn't playing because he doesn't want to be here. Green's motives are undetermined at this point he could be sitting out because he's legitimately hurt or he could be trying to get healthy for a 2020 payday.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Glenn is under contract next year too.

Green? He's had 1 healthy year in the past 4 years.

Look at his stats, he declined pretty markedly after his rookie deal expired. It's sad.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2019, 09:52 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I disagree.

If Green does not play this year he won't get shit in free agency.  No team will pay a guy his age who has missed a full year and a halfwithout even making it through one practice session.

Ida know...I could see teams spinning it positive that the guy spent 2019 on the bench "healing up" rather than playing for a Bengals squad that looks like they are trying to tank the 2nd half of the season and just plain stank for the 1st half.

As for Glenn, what do we want? We don't want to bench him or trade him and reward him for being lazy, so we should put him on the field, right?
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2019, 12:48 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Ida know...I could see teams spinning it positive that the guy spent 2019 on the bench "healing up" rather than playing for a Bengals squad that looks like they are trying to tank the 2nd half of the season and just plain stank for the 1st half.

As for Glenn, what do we want?  We don't want to bench him or trade him and reward him for being lazy, so we should put him on the field, right?

There may be a team or two that feels they're close, go a little bit out on a limb for AJ ? But it seems from hearing the little tid-bits he's looking for top dollar. I doubt he's gonna get it ? Of course though AJ is not gonna put out there "hey I'll play for middle of the road money".
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2019, 08:24 PM)J24 Wrote: Hopefully he plays well this last half of the season and we  can muster a 5th Rd pick for him or higher.

Hopefully

But it wouldn't shock me at all if he never takes a snap this season.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2019, 12:59 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Hopefully

But it wouldn't shock me at all if he never takes a snap this season.

Green or Glenn?  It's quite telling that we are having trouble telling the players who refuse to play for us and MB will likely flat-out refuse to trade, apart.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2019, 12:48 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Ida know...I could see teams spinning it positive that the guy spent 2019 on the bench "healing up" rather than playing for a Bengals squad that looks like they are trying to tank the 2nd half of the season and just plain stank for the 1st half.

If he had been healthy in 2018 he might have been able to get away with that, but teams are going to wonder why he could not make it through a single practice without suffering another serious injury after having several months to "heal up" since the 2018 injury.  

Plus he will be 32 next year.  Can you name a WR 32 or older other than Larry Fitzgerald?

He will get a deal somewhere but it won't be near the top dollar he was expecting.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2019, 01:32 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Green or Glenn?  It's quite telling that we are having trouble telling the players who refuse to play for us and MB will likely flat-out refuse to trade, apart.

Sad isn't it. I was talking about our disgruntled, supposed to be LT. Who will probably get a hang nail or something and miss the rest of the season.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2019, 01:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If he had been healthy in 2018 he might have been able to get away with that, but teams are going to wonder why he could not make it through a single practice without suffering another serious injury after having several months to "heal up" since the 2018 injury.  

Plus he will be 32 next year.  Can you name a WR 32 or older other than Larry Fitzgerald?

He will get a deal somewhere but it won't be near the top dollar he was expecting.

Agree

He might have got near top dollar last season ? I highly doubt he's paid in the top 1/4 or whatever now.
Reply/Quote