Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Season Saved! Cordy Glenn may play this weekend!
(11-21-2019, 01:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If he had been healthy in 2018 he might have been able to get away with that, but teams are going to wonder why he could not make it through a single practice without suffering another serious injury after having several months to "heal up" since the 2018 injury.  

Plus he will be 32 next year.  Can you name a WR 32 or older other than Larry Fitzgerald?

He will get a deal somewhere but it won't be near the top dollar he was expecting.

Yeah, that makes sense.  I guess it's safe to assume his "top dollar" demand could have the dual purpose of turning off the Bengals and serving as a typical door-in-the-face offer to other prospective teams.  Seems pretty by the book.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2019, 01:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If he had been healthy in 2018 he might have been able to get away with that, but teams are going to wonder why he could not make it through a single practice without suffering another serious injury after having several months to "heal up" since the 2018 injury.  

Plus he will be 32 next year.  Can you name a WR 32 or older other than Larry Fitzgerald?

He will get a deal somewhere but it won't be near the top dollar he was expecting.

The two injuries are unrelated with different mechanisms of injury. This ankle injury is related to how he landed. I’ve suspected from the start it is a deltoid ligament injury because it looked like a medial ankle injury due to varus valgus rotation of the foot. They typically take much longer to heal than a lateral ankle repair. Pretty much the worst thing to do with this type of ankle injury is come back too soon which can lead to laxity and long term instability which could require another repair and lengthy rehab. Basically, if you tear an ankle ligament, the deltoid is not the one you want to tear. But, once properly healed it shouldn’t be a long term issue.
Reply/Quote

(11-21-2019, 01:56 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Agree

He might have got near top dollar last season ? I highly doubt he's paid in the top 1/4 or whatever now.

Hey, don't rule out the Bengals FO from bidding against themselves and offering AJ Green the top dollar amount he's looking for.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2019, 02:49 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Hey, don't rule out the Bengals FO from bidding against themselves and offering AJ Green the top dollar amount he's looking for.

Truth
Reply/Quote
Cordy Glenn is EXCITED to play!

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2019, 04:33 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Cordy Glenn is EXCITED to play!

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Obviously well rested? Did Turner really say that? If he did was it meant as an insult or he doesn’t realize the words coming out of his mouth?
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2019, 04:54 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Obviously well rested? Did Turner really say that? If he did was it meant as an insult or he doesn’t realize the words coming out of his mouth?

It's obvious that Turner knows his stuff:

Here’s how Turner characterizes hat on a hat: “(It) just means that we’re trying to put one guy on one guy. You have this guy, block that guy and if you don’t block him and he makes the tackle, it’s your fault.’ You know, it’s a little bit more in-depth than that. But it is just a man for a man.”
Reply/Quote
It only took them half the season to figure out what they were doing wasn't working and mix it up:

But the biggest difference in the past three weeks is that the Bengals have defenses on their heels because they’re using more than their signature zone reads and giving them a diverse series of plays to defend.

“You’ll see us pulling people at times. You’ll see us pitch the ball at times. And again, like in the situation we’re in — or I don’t care if we were undefeated — you try to be a little bit unpredictable,” Turner said. “You can’t be predictable. So your self-scout means a lot and so on … Especially (blocking) the great ones. If you block down on him, then you trap him, then you zone block him, then you gap block him. If he’s thinking like that — if he’s thinking at all — then you’re doing something right because it’s slowing him down a little bit.”
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2019, 03:22 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Cordy patrolling the left side will do wonders for Finley's confidence.  What could go wrong?
Reply/Quote
1 offensive snap and then another self-reported concussion so he can go sit on his couch the rest of the year.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2019, 06:41 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: 1 offensive snap and then another self-reported concussion so he can go sit on his couch the rest of the year.

Yep

I hope the coaches are right but I just don't have any faith he's gonna come out and perform. 
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2019, 06:41 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: 1 offensive snap and then another self-reported concussion so he can go sit on his couch the rest of the year.

He would be throwing millions of dollars of future earnings in the trash if he did that.

That won't happen.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2019, 02:38 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: The two injuries are unrelated with different mechanisms of injury. This ankle injury is related to how he landed. I’ve suspected from the start it is a deltoid ligament injury because it looked like a medial ankle injury due to varus rotation of the foot. They typically take much longer to heal than a lateral ankle repair. Pretty much the worst thing to do with this type of ankle injury is come back too soon which can lead to laxity and long term instability which could require another repair and lengthy rehab. Basically, if you tear an ankle ligament, the deltoid is not the one you want to tear. But, once properly healed it shouldn’t be a long term issue.

Thanks for the in depth analysis. I think you missed the point.

He can't stay healthy. Whether its a long term issue or not something else seems to come up. Or if he is actually healthy then its time to move on anyway. 

I for one am officially off the AJ Green train.
Reply/Quote

In other words, we won't be getting that 3rd round Comp pick that Mikey craves. 
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2019, 09:30 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: In other words, we won't be getting that 3rd round Comp pick that Mikey craves. 

No way a team signs Green to a long-term year. He'll get a 1 or 2 year deal with Club Options probably.

Interestingly, we likely won't franchise him now too.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2019, 09:20 PM)R3stangs Wrote: Thanks for the in depth analysis. I think you missed the point.

He can't stay healthy. Whether its a long term issue or not something else seems to come up. Or if he is actually healthy then its time to move on anyway. 

I for one am officially off the AJ Green train.

AJ’s most recent ankle injury could happen to anyone who plays a contact sport. If I remember correctly his foot landed on Kirkpatrick which caused the ankle to twist.

Edit: just watched the video again. AJ didn’t step on Kirkpatrick. Kirkpatrick fell and rolled into AJ’s leg. So if you want to be mad at someone be mad at Kirkpatrick for causing the injury.

Personally, I blame this guy:

(07-27-2019, 04:35 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Guys don’t worry. It’s just a left ankle sprain

Ninja
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2019, 07:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He would be throwing millions of dollars of future earnings in the trash if he did that.

That won't happen.

I think he's already done that when he was cleared to play and didn't.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Here's to hoping Cordy Glenn is fully healed and plays at a high level. If we could get serviceability out of Cordy and Finley take steps it would really open up our draft
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2019, 10:35 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: No way a team signs Green to a long-term year. He'll get a 1 or 2 year deal with Club Options probably.

Interestingly, we likely won't franchise him now too.

Why wouldn't they use the tag on him?  What's he going to do, go the Palmer route?

(11-22-2019, 01:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Here's to hoping Cordy Glenn is fully healed and plays at a high level. If we could get serviceability out of Cordy and Finley take steps it would really open up our draft

It's possible, but if we declare "mission accomplished" because Finley can look average for a stretch of meaningless games and then pass on the 2020 QBs we are going to need them all to be massive busts to not look stupid.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2019, 01:54 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Why wouldn't they use the tag on him?  What's he going to do, go the Palmer route?

It's possible, but if we declare "mission accomplished" because Finley can look average for a stretch of meaningless games and then pass on the 2020 QBs we are going to need them all to be massive busts to not look stupid.

I don't know that they'll want to pay him another $17 million a year...after he would have missed what 25 games in a row? He would have made it through 1 day of practice over that span.
Reply/Quote