Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Season is already over
(08-04-2020, 08:26 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Or Pulmonary Fibrosis, COPD, or even claustrophobia. There are numerous reasons why people may not be able to wear a mask. Are these people's freedoms supposed to be curtailed? If you have a mask on, and it works, then you should be fine, right? Trying to shame someone when you know nothing about what they may have going on is juvenile, mean, and might just get your butt kicked if you do it to the wrong person.

You make a good point. Many times you can’t tell who has a medical condition just by looking at them. And you certainly can’t tell who in their family has a medical condition they might give the virus to. So if you can wear a mask you should.

Now who was it I tried to shame?
(08-04-2020, 09:25 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: You make a good point. Many times you can’t tell who has a medical condition just by looking at them. And you certainly can’t tell who in their family has a medical condition they might give the virus to. So if you can wear a mask you should.

Now who was it I tried to shame?

I was speaking in generality of mask shamers, not you specifically.
People who are refusing to wear masks in public for political beliefs/freedom infringements are morons. 

They are the reason why this pandemic is never-ending cycle of sh.it
(08-04-2020, 11:03 AM)OrangeTerrain Wrote: People who are refusing to wear masks in public for political beliefs/freedom infringements are morons. 

Well I'll be damned.  I actually agree with you on this.   Shocked
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(08-04-2020, 11:03 AM)OrangeTerrain Wrote: People who are refusing to wear masks in public for political beliefs/freedom infringements are morons. 

Yep.  This is purely a health/public safety matter.  Look out for your fellow man.  Why people are so hellbent on making this a political statement is beyond me.  Just wear a ***** mask around other people so they don't get sick. It's not hard, and it's not asking too much. Don't confuse essential liberties with selfishness and entitlement.
Everything in this post is my fault.
(08-03-2020, 05:15 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: No need to apologize dude, everyone else is way off topic.  Good lord, the invasion of Iraq?  In Jungle noise?  Come on.

Seems to me there are people who gleefully share their political opinions in JN rather than the P&R forum which is why some of the more regular P&R contributors on this thread are debating with them here.  I don't get it.

We have a 9842 page long covid thread in the P&R forum but every semi-related thread here turns political because this is the only place certain folks want to post.  Ah well, if this keeps up during the season then I guess we may have an issue but as it stands it's just noise so meh.
(08-04-2020, 09:27 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I was speaking in generality of mask shamers, not you specifically.

Who cares what people say?  The only people who are susceptible to shame are wimpy snowflake types.  No one can make you feel shame without your permission.  If mask shamers hurt your feelings you need to stay home in your mask-free safespace.
(08-04-2020, 11:51 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Seems to me there are people who gleefully share their political opinions in JN rather than the P&R forum which is why some of the more regular P&R contributors on this thread are debating with them here.  I don't get it.

We have a 9842 page long covid thread in the P&R forum but every semi-related thread here turns political because this is the only place certain folks want to post.  Ah well, if this keeps up during the season then I guess we may have an issue but as it stands it's just noise so meh.

I just figure it is lack of self-control for some people.  It seems some just can't help themselves and also love to argue.  So when then opportunity presents itself here they go for it.  Personally I'd prefer it if they started giving warnings to people that can't direct themselves and their posts to the appropriate forum instead of closing threads here that get taken over by politics.  I know that is extra work for the mods but I can't think of another way to put an end to it as even closing threads seems to have not worked. Heck, I think I might have unintentionally gone a bit into P&R here at times with some of the Covid related discussions but I try to not do so.

I understand that Covid is a huge topic in sports right now but I think it is still easy enough to discuss the significance of it and how it is impacting Bengals football without getting into the political aspects.  I mean even the Geno thread about expecting a new child got trashed by politics.  It's kind of annoying.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
(08-04-2020, 11:55 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Who cares what people say?  The only people who are susceptible to shame are wimpy snowflake types.  No one can make you feel shame without your permission.  If mask shamers hurt your feelings you need to stay home in your mask-free safespace.

Yeah, nice sentiment that holds up until you see some elderly lady yelled at because she is not wearing a mask, not because of politics, but because she can't. There are health reasons why people should wear masks, and there are health reasons why some can't. That is what is seemingly not being taken into consideration.
(08-04-2020, 12:26 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah, nice sentiment that holds up until you see some elderly lady yelled at because she is not wearing a mask, not because of politics, but because she can't. There are health reasons why people should wear masks, and there are health reasons why some can't. That is what is seemingly not being taken into consideration.

Yep, you nailed it again!   

The reason the pandemic is so out of control:  is because of the fraction of a % of the elderly, most at-risk people, who are not wearing a mask in public because they have conditions that make wearing a mask hard!

Thank you for making us all see this - fantastic insight per usual 
(08-04-2020, 12:26 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah, nice sentiment that holds up until you see some elderly lady yelled at because she is not wearing a mask, not because of politics, but because she can't. There are health reasons why people should wear masks, and there are health reasons why some can't. That is what is seemingly not being taken into consideration.

Yeah and some people are fat as hell because they have glandular issues but 99+ percent of them just eat too much crap and would rather putz around on the internet than actually put in anything resembling effort.  This PC "don't upset anyone" culture is getting out of hand.

Taking stuff into consideration requires being considerate and plenty of tax-paying Americans are sick and tired of being shamed into considering other people.

If you have an underlying condition that prevents you from wearing a mask, that same underlying condition will likely cause complications if you contract COVID.  It's not smart to be out in public places in that case, anyways.

My mom's currently fighting leukemia.  She has all her groceries and prescriptions delivered to her house.  The only time she leaves the house is to go to the doctor or to just take a drive to get out of the house.  There's not a lot of reasons why you need to leave the house anymore besides work(which is going to require you to wear a mask), going to the doctor, or maybe renewing your driver's license.
(08-04-2020, 12:50 PM)Whatever Wrote: If you have an underlying condition that prevents you from wearing a mask, that same underlying condition will likely cause complications if you contract COVID.  It's not smart to be out in public places in that case, anyways.

My mom's currently fighting leukemia.  She has all her groceries and prescriptions delivered to her house.  The only time she leaves the house is to go to the doctor or to just take a drive to get out of the house.  There's not a lot of reasons why you need to leave the house anymore besides work(which is going to require you to wear a mask), going to the doctor, or maybe renewing your driver's license.

How is it any safer to have groceries delivered to you from someone that just walked around the same store you're trying to avoid? You don't know where any of these people have been before they show up at your door step even if it's through Amazon or another online store. 

BTW, I'm sorry to hear your mom has leukemia.
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
2 Timothy 1:7

(08-04-2020, 02:05 PM)Mer Wrote: How is it any safer to have groceries delivered to you from someone that just walked around the same store you're trying to avoid? You don't know where any of these people have been before they show up at your door step even if it's through Amazon or another online store. 

BTW, I'm sorry to hear your mom has leukemia.

They knock and leave the groceries at your door.

You don’t see anyone. Lol.

You interact with 20+ people going to the store, many in close proximity
(08-04-2020, 02:17 PM)OrangeTerrain Wrote: They knock and leave the groceries at your door.

Yea but if I have groceries delivered no one at the store will know what a free-thinking and freedom-loving badass I am for not wearing a mask.
(08-04-2020, 12:32 PM)OrangeTerrain Wrote: Yep, you nailed it again!   

The reason the pandemic is so out of control:  is because of the fraction of a % of the elderly, most at-risk people, who are not wearing a mask in public because they have conditions that make wearing a mask hard!

Thank you for making us all see this - fantastic insight per usual 

Once again, only you could conflate this argument with that. GFY.
(08-04-2020, 02:17 PM)OrangeTerrain Wrote: They knock and leave the groceries at your door.

If you can only catch it from someone person to person then what's the purpose of disinfecting credit card readers and counter tops? If the virus can linger there it can linger on what ever is left at your door.

(08-04-2020, 02:59 PM)Mer Wrote: If you can only catch it from someone in person then what's the purpose of disinfecting credit card readers and counter tops?

Surface Transmission is like >1% of the cases, lol

Person to Person, respiratory and proximity contact, is nearly all of the cases.  

how do you not know this?

I actually find this comical that is your defense 
(08-04-2020, 03:04 PM)OrangeTerrain Wrote: Surface Transmission is like >1% of the cases, lol

Greater than 1% of cases.... wow, what a revelation.
(08-04-2020, 03:04 PM)OrangeTerrain Wrote: Surface Transmission is like >1% of the cases, lol

Person to Person, respiratory and proximity contact, is nearly all of the cases.  

how do you not know this?

I actually find this comical that is your defense 

I'm not trying to defend anything. I'm just asking questions. The truth is we don't really know if any of these procedures truly work.