Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Season is already over
Boy has this thread went haywire. Am I in P&R?
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(08-03-2020, 04:39 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Boy has this thread went haywire. Am I in P&R?

Yeah, my apologies for non-football related posts. I’m done.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.history.com/.amp/this-day-in-history/secretary-of-state-colin-powell-speaks-at-un-invasion-of-iraq
(08-03-2020, 02:44 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Where do you think the people who run the campgrounds, hotels, bars, restaurants, food trucks, tshirt stands, police stations, hospitals etc. etc.  live at Fred?  Good grief, think a little bit.

If those that are infected travel to South Dakota, wouldn't you think that would spread to the population here?  Or it doesn't work that way due to population density so some other silliness you can come up with?  

You obviously have never been here if you don't think there are many South Dakotan's (as well as others) going to the motorcycle rally or all the campgrounds and tourist attractions here in the state.  I'm telling you because I live here and I know.  

[Image: Sturgis_75th_Day_One.jpg]

The people who run those camp grounds and attractions live spread out in low population density small towns and cities.

Your rates are low because of low population density.

They would probably have been even lower if you followed strict protocol of a mandated shut down.

And I have been to South Dakota before.  That is one reason I know how empty it is.  2 million people for a week or two at a time is nothing compared to 2 million people 365 days a year.  There were thousands of cases spread in your state that you don't count because they went back home after their vacations. 
(08-03-2020, 04:18 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Okay, what about Georgia?

That's a good point.  I think the virus is going to make it's way into every nook and cranny eventually.  Christ, it gets into our nursing homes here and they're supposed to be locked down with no visitors and tested staff etc.  I think we can basically just hope and pray for a vaccine that works well and comes pretty soon. 

Hopefully, this doesn't stay with us forever like the flu, but it just might.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
(08-03-2020, 04:42 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yeah, my apologies for non-football related posts. I’m done.

No need to apologize dude, everyone else is way off topic.  Good lord, the invasion of Iraq?  In Jungle noise?  Come on.
(08-03-2020, 04:39 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Boy has this thread went haywire.  Am I in P&R?

Yes, my apologies as well I was basically trying to draw a comparison between mass gatherings happening in my state where most don't follow the rules and future NFL games (if there are any) and the impacts.  Most states (if not all) are not allowing what my state is.  Christ, we had a Trump rally here on July 3rd.  Ridiculous amount of people!

I do hope the games go on though and the season isn't lost or football all together until this virus is eradicated from the planet.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
(08-02-2020, 11:21 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Sweden isn't a good example anymore to point to that herd immunity works. Actually herd immunity only works if the herd actually has immunity overall, and in Sweden they don't. They are seeing sharp spikes recently in Covid and their death rate is now higher than the U.S. per million people. They also have 10 million people (Ohio), and are pretty well isolated from rest of world which helped their numbers for the first few months. 

Immune overall?

Wow, you have high standards lol

(08-03-2020, 10:12 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Season is already over UPDATE: The season is still on....

ThumbsUp

(08-03-2020, 11:37 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't even understand this logic.  

What exactly does "the left" have to gain by forcing people to wear masks and stay 6 feet away from each other?  
What is the goal of this "tactic"? 

And when exactly have you "seen it before"?  I clearly remember when the right used a campaign of lies and disinformation to convince over half the population that Saddam Hussein was involved in 9-11, but they had the clear goal of justifying a military invasion.  I just don't see what he left has to gain by getting people to wear masks.

I know you would never understand this logic Fred.

The god of forces loves to force to you do the "right thing".

It is about freedom. People should not be shamed for not wearing masks IMO.

Do you think they should? I admitted it was selfish not to wear a mask around people with health problems...
(08-03-2020, 05:15 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: No need to apologize dude, everyone else is way off topic.  Good lord, the invasion of Iraq?  In Jungle noise?  Come on.

This.
(08-03-2020, 09:26 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Immune overall?

ThumbsUp

Overall majority is what I meant, like at least 80-95% are immune. And currently the only way to achieve that with Covid is by vaccines, assuming they can develop them to yield those kind of numbers.

And people should be shamed for not wearing one. Saving lives trumps not wearing a mask due to arrogance or ignorance.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

(08-03-2020, 09:42 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Overall majority is what I meant, like at least 80-95% are immune. And currently the only way to achieve that with Covid is by vaccines, assuming they can develop them to yield those kind of numbers.

That is what we all want after all.
I'm not worried 1 little bit. The NFL will have a season and it will start on time. Teams may have to forfeit a game here or there if an outbreak, but there is no way the NFL is not having a season. Too much revenue to lose...
(08-03-2020, 09:26 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Immune overall?

ThumbsUp

I know you would never understand this logic Fred.

The god of forces loves to force to you do the "right thing".

Do you think they should? I admitted it was selfish not to wear a mask around people with health problems...

When you go to the store, a restaurant, etc; how do you tell who has asthma, diabetes, or heart disease just by looking at them to know when to wear your mask?
Heard this on the radio, and didn't get all the particulars nailed down. May want to take it with a grain of salt.

It would seem that, based on studies of the outbreaks on the cruise ship, and an outbreak at ft. Benning, the virus Peter's out after infecting 20% of the population. Some theorize that many already have a level of resistance because covid is essentially a cold virus.

Has anyone else seen this?
The upcoming months will tell the tale on this observation...

A bubbled sports team or other population would be an excellent test case for this. That's why the cruise ship and military installation.
Go Benton Panthers!!
(08-03-2020, 05:15 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: No need to apologize dude, everyone else is way off topic.  Good lord, the invasion of Iraq?  In Jungle noise?  Come on.

To be honest, these days, it's kind of hard to talk about (possibly) attending sporting events and not bring up Covid and everything that goes with it. Or even what's required of the players to be able to play a season. 

It's crazy man.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Just infect everyone that's going to play, then they should be good for the rest of the football season right?
(08-04-2020, 12:27 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: To be honest, these days, it's kind of hard to talk about (possibly) attending sporting events and not bring up Covid and everything that goes with it. Or even what's required of the players to be able to play a season. 

It's crazy man.

I agree with that.  And that would make sense.  But we're talking about the invasion of Iraq.  That has nothing to do with Covid and large events.
(08-03-2020, 11:07 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: When you go to the store, a restaurant, etc; how do you tell who has asthma, diabetes, or heart disease just by looking at them to know when to wear your mask?

Or Pulmonary Fibrosis, COPD, or even claustrophobia. There are numerous reasons why people may not be able to wear a mask. Are these people's freedoms supposed to be curtailed? If you have a mask on, and it works, then you should be fine, right? Trying to shame someone when you know nothing about what they may have going on is juvenile, mean, and might just get your butt kicked if you do it to the wrong person.
(08-04-2020, 08:26 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Or Pulmonary Fibrosis, COPD, or even claustrophobia. There are numerous reasons why people may not be able to wear a mask. Are these people's freedoms supposed to be curtailed? If you have a mask on, and it works, then you should be fine, right? Trying to shame someone when you know nothing about what they may have going on is juvenile, mean, and might just get your butt kicked if you do it to the wrong person.
So, no Stink Eye for the Unmasked Guy?
Go Benton Panthers!!
(08-04-2020, 08:30 AM)SladeX Wrote: So, no Stink Eye for the Unmasked Guy?

Hey, it's a free country, if you think it's acceptable to give stink eye to someone for having a medical condition, have at it. You'll hit mostly people just refusing to wear one, but sooner or later you're gonna stink eye someone who can't.... Ninja