Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Season officially done
Dandy Don Merideth singing: Lalala  Turn out the lights.....the party's over!!!!
Reply/Quote
I didn't predict 10 wins, I don't think I even made a guess; as what I figured would happen is pretty much coming to fruition. Very hard to play this level of football without an O-line. We could probably draft the entire O-line on many college teams and make us markedly better. As to whether Dalton, Mixon, or anybody else is any good, who knows? Pretty sure the coaching staff as a whole needs to go, and I've said this for several YEARS now. I didn't even watch our game other than what popped up on the Redzone, as I pretty much can't handle the stress. I did watch the Patriots in the nightcap, and the coaching is ALL that matters. Exhibit A, Rex Burkhead, could barely make it off the bench here, all world for New England tonight. Other than Brady and Gronk, it would be hard to name any "superstars" on their team, where one could say....if we only had THAT guy on our team it would fix everything. All in all, I've never seen the North suck this badly. While Cleveland is still the worst, the Ravens and us aren't far behind. The Steelers are so bored with their division competition, they're losing their edge. They didn't have to blatantly cheat even once to destroy us, and they won't next time either, though they probably will a time or two to keep sharp for the playoffs. Possibly the worst season ever, in the 90's we went into most seasons without any expectations; and we probably should have done the same for this year. Sad
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 03:26 AM)Bengalsrob Wrote: I didn't predict 10 wins, I don't think I even made a guess; as what I figured would happen is pretty much coming to fruition. Very hard to play this level of football without an O-line. We could probably draft the entire O-line on many college teams and make us markedly better.  As to whether Dalton, Mixon, or anybody else is any good, who knows? Pretty sure the coaching staff as a whole needs to go, and I've said this for several YEARS now. I didn't even watch our game other than what popped up on the Redzone, as I pretty much can't handle the stress. I did watch the Patriots in the nightcap, and the coaching is ALL that matters. Exhibit A, Rex Burkhead, could barely make it off the bench here, all world for New England tonight. Other than Brady and Gronk, it would be hard to name any "superstars" on their team, where one could say....if we only had THAT guy on our team it would fix everything. All in all, I've never seen the North suck this badly. While Cleveland is still the worst, the Ravens and us aren't far behind. The Steelers are so bored with their division competition, they're losing their edge. They didn't have to blatantly cheat even once to destroy us, and they won't next time either, though they probably will a time or two to keep sharp for the playoffs. Possibly the worst season ever, in the 90's we went into most seasons without any expectations; and we probably should have done the same for this year.  Sad
Everyone that did predict 10 wins now is hiding. Burk head was another good character guy. I don't know if they did the white clensing thing or if you don't have character issues, ship them out. We can't lose the Dunlap types all of the time and alway keep the packmans of the world and expect discipline.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 02:09 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: We were bad last year with Whit and Z. Sure not this bad but bad.

We need some new blood, a new direction. Actually we have needed it since San Diego.

You start there and see what happens.

It was not because of Whit and Z though. 

Just going from memory, but seems we gave up 45 sacks last season and Whit and Z only accounted for 3 of them.

Ship them out and keep the others that gave up 42 sacks between them and not draft or sign them any help. 

The writing was on the wall.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 12:30 PM)Go Cards Wrote: It was not because of Whit and Z though. 

Just going from memory, but seems we gave up 45 sacks last season and Whit and Z only accounted for 3 of them.

Ship them out and keep the others that gave up 42 sacks between them and not draft or sign them any help. 

Yes. When logic is applied and not emotion...it's easy to see.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 12:30 PM)Go Cards Wrote: It was not because of Whit and Z though. 

Using the Burkhead example above i was also implying the problem was most likely coaching. The coaches need replaced across the board.

To be more specific coaching and ownership. 

We can't do anything about the latter except stop watching.

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 12:10 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: Everyone that did predict 10 wins now is hiding. Burk head was another good character guy. I don't know if they did the white clensing thing or if you don't have character issues, ship them out. We can't lose the Dunlap types all of the time and alway keep the packmans of the world and expect discipline.

I'm not hiding, I predicted 10 or 11 wins. Pretty idiotic, huh...
Reply/Quote
I cant wait for the day someday we see a Packers Bengals superbowl. I know it wont be this year but someday I hope.
Reply/Quote
Already been said, but this season was DOA. The Bengals let their solid players walk in free agency and doled out extensions to their turds. Great business model and 3-4 crappy seasons (at least) heading our way as a result. Hopefully some real change will come about, but we all know that the status quo will continue.*
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 06:54 PM)Igor Wrote: We'll we ain't getting there with a ginger at qb

(11-12-2017, 06:55 PM)Igor Wrote: Same old bengals man. Should have never got rid of Carson palmer

.....who is......also a red haired QB.  LMAO You again?

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 01:25 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Using the Burkhead example above i was also implying the problem was most likely coaching. The coaches need replaced across the board.

To be more specific coaching and ownership. 

We can't do anything about the latter except stop watching.

Burkhead was a rock star last night when the Pats played the Broncos. This season was done when Marvin announced he'd be back this season.

The thing that gets me in the front office is their blind loyalty to Marvin yet players like Whit they let walk. I think the bigger question is what will the city do if the front office renews Marvin? Will they see a huge dip in season ticket sales...or same ole same ole?
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 06:41 PM)Brimey Wrote: Team isn't good. From top to bottom. Too many holes to fill in one off season too.

Yes! And this debacle falls squarely on the heads of Mikey Brown and his step-child Marvin. They are way too slow to see the consequences of their decisions. "Off with their heads", sayeth the Queen.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 01:56 PM)packerbacker Wrote: I cant wait for the day someday we see a Packers Bengals superbowl. I know it wont be this year but someday I hope.

Hopefully you are only 9 years old. Otherwise, you won't live long enough to see a Bengals SB. Many of us are acutely aware of this as we have spent a lifetime rooting for this pathetic franchise.
Reply/Quote