Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seattle game gets tougher
(08-31-2019, 03:23 PM)NKURyan Wrote: If he signs the franchise tender as reported, he should at the very least be highly motivated this season.

Has not had one practice in preseason and now a new team and new defensive scheme.

I would not be surprised if he pulls a hammy this week in practice
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 04:30 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Has not had one practice in preseason and now a new team and new defensive scheme.

I would not be surprised if he pulls a hammy this week in practice

I would expect them to play him on obvious passing downs. Don't need to know anything but 'go get the QB'. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 04:39 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I would expect them to play him on obvious passing downs. Don't need to know anything but 'go get the QB'. 

No doubt, but is he really that great a pass rusher or was he a high draft pick Seattle hopes ids worth 15 million in 2019 with no rights to the guy in 2020. If he plays well, he will break the bank, if not Hawks juste wasted 15 million bucks.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 04:43 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: No doubt, but is he really that great a pass rusher or was he a high draft pick Seattle hopes ids worth 15 million in 2019 with no rights to the guy in 2020. If he plays well, he will break the bank, if not Hawks juste wasted 15 million bucks.

Sack-wise, he's Carlos Dunlap. Effort/disruption-wise, i don't really know enough about him to say he's near Carlos, but i doubt it very much. At least in college he had a rep for slacking at times. He's the guy that sat out his last year in college to "get ready" for the NFL. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
#PrayforAndy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 04:55 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: #PrayforAndy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone better #prayforbernie. That speed bag is about to kick his ass. 

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 01:23 PM)NKURyan Wrote: If he gets paid, he may go back to being lazy.

I’m sure he will have some extra motivation the first game, but then again so should everyone.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 04:59 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Someone better #prayforbernie. That speed bag is about to kick his ass. 

Lmao! Bernie misses with a left, connects with a right leaving himself wide open for a vicious upper cut... Down goes Bernie! Down goes Bernie!
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 02:00 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Idk, I kind of get it tbh. Wilson is probably the most likable of the “elite” QB’s, Pete Carroll is a great HC, their uniform are pretty slick, etc.

If I was to pick another team they’d be way up there.

Their management actually seems to want to improve the roster and aggressively makes moves.

We have to get excited about retaining Hart and signing Kerry Wynn.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 09:43 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Their management actually seems to want to improve the roster and aggressively makes moves.

I know it! It’s pretty frustrating, I posted a thread about this after reading the Browns made some trades today for a WR and OL and everyone seems to think their in pretty good shape as is. While we struggle at the same positions year after year with no since of urgency at all. All you will hear now are “ This player was cut for a reason,that player sucks yada yada” Im sure there are better OL and LBers out there available/trade-able than what we have now.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 02:30 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Maybe.  We can can over this stuff forever but this and the Falcons not running the ball leading to them losing the SB are narratives that I find to be debatable.  In today's NFL having your top tier QB throw the ball is usually a pretty safe bet.  Wilson and Ryan were both at the top of their game and lord knows if you look at a WR funny the refs throw a flag for PI, so meh.  

That's just my take.

Now now.. Let's not forget Brian Tuohy, Thefixisin.net and the narratives of game fixing.  Nah...never ever happens. Nobody would ever want to fix sporting events when there's so much money on the line.   Only honest, straight shooting, all American boys have ever been involved in sporting events.Nervous
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 10:03 PM)grampahol Wrote: Now now.. Let's not forget Brian Tuohy, Thefixisin.net and the narratives of game fixing.  Nah...never ever happens. Nobody would ever want to fix sporting events when there's so much money on the line.   Only honest, straight shooting, all American boys have ever been involved in sporting events.Nervous

Well according to Russel Wilson he threw the INT and then god spoke to him and explained why he had him throw it and lose the game.  He also said something about god telling him why he let him win the SB prior, so it sounds like the game was rigged by a power even higher than the most powerful of mere mortals.

(08-31-2019, 04:59 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Someone better #prayforbernie. That speed bag is about to kick his ass. 

We tend to elect politicians who are really old and could probably get their ass kicked by a stiff breeze.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 09:53 PM)TKUHL Wrote: I know it! It’s pretty frustrating, I posted a thread about this after reading the Browns made some trades today for a WR and OL and everyone seems to think their in pretty good shape as is. While we struggle at the same positions year after year with no since of urgency at all. All you will hear now are “ This player was cut for a reason,that player sucks yada yada” Im sure there are better OL and LBers out there available/trade-able than what we have now.

Yep. People hate on other teams moves and overrate our roster.

For instance, can you look at ANY 1 individual offensive lineman on our roster and say that guy is more than an average NFL starter?

If the answer is 'No' then how will we have a good offensive line.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 10:18 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yep. People hate on other teams moves and overrate our roster.

For instance, can you look at ANY 1 individual offensive lineman on our roster and say that guy is more than an average NFL starter?

If the answer is 'No' then how will we have a good offensive line.

Fans overrating their own roster on a team messageboard? Perish the though, someone fetch my fainting couch! Tell us some more about how good you read Christian Westerman was on PFF, join the club.

Good thing you're here to steer a completely unrelated thread towards that discussion again, though. If only there were some other thread where you could make the exact same point about the offensive line again...

You did get through this post without the whole "hey guys did you know it's been 28 years since we won a playoff game" knowledge bomb, so credit where credit is due.
Reply/Quote
Maybe, just maybe the coaches realize this is a building/re-building year and the draft capital required to rent a player for the o-line isn't worth it?

The other possibility is that our GM is still Mike Brown and while we may have a new coach, the guy upstairs calling the shots is still going to do it his damn way. A fresh coat of paint on the house doesn't make it a new house.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 10:03 PM)grampahol Wrote: Now now.. Let's not forget Brian Tuohy, Thefixisin.net and the narratives of game fixing.  Nah...never ever happens. Nobody would ever want to fix sporting events when there's so much money on the line.   Only honest, straight shooting, all American boys have ever been involved in sporting events.Nervous

Actually, i prefer to forget aluminum foil wearing, jello-brained, conspiracy theory nuts. 

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 12:47 AM)NKURyan Wrote: Fans overrating their own roster on a team messageboard? Perish the though, someone fetch my fainting couch! Tell us some more about how good you read Christian Westerman was on PFF, join the club.

Good thing you're here to steer a completely unrelated thread towards that discussion again, though. If only there were some other thread where you could make the exact same point about the offensive line again...

You did get through this post without the whole "hey guys did you know it's been 28 years since we won a playoff game" knowledge bomb, so credit where credit is due.

So which one is better than an average NFL starter?  Read a lot of actual words, but not an actual reply.  How exactly was his statement false?  
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 02:48 AM)samhain Wrote: So which one is better than an average NFL starter?  Read a lot of actual words, but not an actual reply.  How exactly was his statement false?  

Who here is saying we're going to have a good offensive line? I have yet to read anything from these fans he loves to rant about proclaiming that we have a good offensive line, yet they constantly get brought up as some great mysterious boogiemen that haunt the boards. The point isn't that he's wrong, it's that he brings it up in seemingly every thread whether it's relevant or not, and it's especially annoying having Mr. "PFF says Westerman grades great and is the answer" talk down to everybody else about overrating players lol.

Step 1) Make obvious statement. ("The Bengals offensive line might not be that good, you guys.")
Step 2) Invent a narrative that other people actively disagree with said obvious statement. ("So many people are overrating our offensive line, but only I know the truth!")
Step 3) Wait until the time comes to congratulate yourself for being oh so smart. ("See, I told you our offensive line wasn't good! Noone believed me but I did!")
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 09:43 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Their management actually seems to want to improve the roster and aggressively makes moves.

We get it, you post the same stuff day after day. I don't disagree with a lot you say, I disagree with being all in for your hatred of our off season every minute of every day.

Be excited, don't be excited I don't care until your intent seems to be to hate on your favorite team. Maybe I am wrong, but that is my perception of your barrage of negative posts about our FO and off season.

I think you love your team and can't hide your disappointment. But saying the same thing 10,000 ways still makes it the same thing. We hear you and have heard you.

Reply/Quote
Didnt Seattle sign Ezekiel Ansah and then draft another Defensive End at the bottom of the first round? (LJ Collier).
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote