Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seattle game gets tougher
(08-31-2019, 03:05 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Clowney didn't live up to his draft status, but seeing him line up against our o-line does bring an element of uncertainty to things.  Maybe it'll be nothing.

Yeah, we will see. Dude is pretty good when he plays like he should.

Still saying Dunlap actually lives up to his status pretty much. I think the two are comparable but Dunlap is better.

(08-31-2019, 03:41 PM)jason Wrote: JJ Watt missed huge chunks of some of those years though. I'm not sweating Clowney next week, but the guy isn't a scrub.

He ain't no scrub, that is for sure.
Reply/Quote
He had 9 sacks last year. 9.5 the year before. 6 the year before that. 4.5 the year before that. 0 as a rookie in 4 games.

Not really worth $15 million a year IMO.

Stats are similar to modern day Carlos Dunlap I'd say.
Reply/Quote
Texans are paying half his salary this year as well, so Clowney is a huge add for the Seahawks at $7M or so in cap money
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 02:45 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Texans are paying half his salary this year as well, so Clowney is a huge add for the Seahawks at $7M or so in cap money

That is the franchise tag which hasn't been signed. I'm not sure how it works but I doubt the Texans will be in the hook for the big contract Clowney is about to sign with the Seahawks.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote