Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Second banana is just as bananas
https://www.queerty.com/read-mike-pences-article-advising-employers-never-hire-gay-people-20171018

Quote:Earlier this week, The New Yorker published a damning profile on Mike Pence in which Trump “jokingly” said Pence wants to “hang all the gays.” That inspired readers to go dig in the Internet’s dirt in search of Pence’s other past offenses towards the LGBTQ community — not that you have to dig too deep.

As the head of the Indiana Policy Review in the 1990s, Pence published numerous articles urging employers not to hire gay people, compulsively churning out copy like this:
Quote:“Homosexuals are not as a group able-bodied. They are known to carry extremely high rates of disease brought on because of the nature of their sexual practices and the promiscuity which is a hallmark of their lifestyle.”

In that article — which you can read here — he also suggests homosexuality is a “pathological condition.”

Related: Mike Pence just tried to revise his history on HIV and conversion therapy — here’s the real story

In Pence’s ideal world, there would be zero protections for the LGBTQ community, a point he made clear by complaining about the passage of the Matthew Shepard Hate Crimes Bill.

As we reported last year, he groused when the Matthew Shepard and James Byrd Jr. Hate Crimes bill was signed into law in 2009.

Related: That time Donald Trump joked Mike Pence wants to ‘hang all the gays’

Pence didn’t cite legal objections, either. Instead, he complained that it advanced a “radical social agenda” and would have “a chilling effect on religious expression, from the pulpits, in our temples, in our mosques and in our churches.”

Of course, in Congress Pence voted against federal workplace protections. What was unique was his reasoning, which was that ENDA would discriminate against Christians. To comply with the law, Pence claimed, “the employer has to ban employees from having a Bible at the workplace for their break time, or displaying Bible verses.” Foreshadowing the Indiana religious liberty law, he went on: “We must stand for the right of every American to practice their faith according to the dictates of their conscience, whether it be in the public square or in the workplace.”
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
I often wonder if the people who rant and rave for Trump to be impeached realize that Mike Pence won't be going with him.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
For a split second I was hoping this thread would be about Art Garfunkel, John Oates, and Jim Messina being as crazy as Paul Simon, Darryl Hall, and Kenny Loggins.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-19-2017, 01:45 PM)Nately120 Wrote: For a split second I was hoping this thread would be about Art Garfunkel, John Oates, and Jim Messina being as crazy as Paul Simon, Darryl Hall, and Kenny Loggins.

John Oates carried Hall.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(10-19-2017, 01:58 PM)jason Wrote: John Oates carried Hall.

Oates was no slouch, but Hall drove that train.  

It's easy to rally folks around homosexuals when you cite 'deviant sexual behavior.'

Support wouldn't be as easily garnered if they said 'we're going to enforce those laws already on the books against blow jobs and butt sex.'

I'm pretty sure Pence would've done ok running on an anti-gay campaign. But running on a 'ban the blow jobs' platform would've ended any aspirations.
(10-19-2017, 03:38 PM)Benton Wrote: It's easy to rally folks around homosexuals when you cite 'deviant sexual behavior.'

Support wouldn't be as easily garnered if they said 'we're going to enforce those laws already on the books against blow jobs and butt sex.'

I'm pretty sure Pence would've done ok running on an anti-gay campaign. But running on a 'ban the blow jobs' platform would've ended any aspirations.

I wonder if sexual acts are like firearms in the sense that people rush to do/get them when the fear of a ban looms.  Holy crap, Pence is going to be president...he's going to ban sodomy...quick, bend over before it's too late!!!!!  
(10-19-2017, 05:38 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I wonder if sexual acts are like firearms in the sense that people rush to do/get them when the fear of a ban looms.  Holy crap, Pence is going to be president...he's going to ban sodomy...quick, bend over before it's too late!!!!!  

I don't think so. About half have some form of sodomy law; used to all states did, but those have started being overturned when people found out it was against the law to get a hummer. Kentucky is one of the few that specifically bans same sex intercourse under sodomy laws, but they still lump it in with anything not PG13.
(10-19-2017, 01:28 PM)jason Wrote: I often wonder if the people who rant and rave for Trump to be impeached realize that Mike Pence won't be going with him.

I hope with everything I have that Donald Trump is never impeached, which I don't think he will be.  He's a buffoon, and a terrible human being, but he cannot get his trash policies put into law.  He's completely incompetent.  Republican White House, Republican Senate, Republican House, and it's all still just a bunch of talk from him....no action.

I fear that Mike Pence would be far worse.  He's a competent politician, and unlike Trump, I feel like he actually holds the beliefs that he says he does.  He's not just pandering to the base, he's actually a part of it.  And he's a religious nutjob, so I don't really want to see the laws that the guy decides is best for the country.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

(10-20-2017, 11:51 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I hope with everything I have that Donald Trump is never impeached, which I don't think he will be.  He's a buffoon, and a terrible human being, but he cannot get his trash policies put into law.  He's completely incompetent.  Republican White House, Republican Senate, Republican House, and it's all still just a bunch of talk from him....no action.

I fear that Mike Pence would be far worse.  He's a competent politician, and unlike Trump, I feel like he actually holds the beliefs that he says he does.  He's not just pandering to the base, he's actually a part of it.  And he's a religious nutjob, so I don't really want to see the laws that the guy decides is best for the country.

From the very first moment someone uttered "Impeach Trump"; I said be careful what you ask for.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(10-20-2017, 12:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: From the very first moment someone uttered "Impeach Trump"; I said be careful what you ask for.

What's funny is I said the same thing when someone uttered "candidate Trump" and "President Trump".
(10-20-2017, 12:29 PM)GMDino Wrote: What's funny is I said the same thing when someone uttered "candidate Trump" and "President Trump".

Whats even more funny is that you also said the same thing these intellectuals did.

(10-23-2017, 11:02 AM)Vlad Wrote: Whats even more funny is that you also said the same thing these intellectuals did.

People are still laughing at Trump.  His supporters just don't get the joke is on them.
(10-23-2017, 12:09 PM)GMDino Wrote: People are still laughing at Trump.  His supporters just don't get the joke is on them.

The joke is on all of us. Everyday when he spends his morning feuding with someone new on twitter and makes a big show out of executive orders that make committees to discuss reversing Obama policies. Every time a Paul Ryan has to pretend like Trump has a clue what's going on with the legislative process. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(10-23-2017, 01:10 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: The joke is on all of us. Everyday when he spends his morning feuding with someone new on twitter and makes a big show out of executive orders that make committees to discuss reversing Obama policies. Every time a Paul Ryan has to pretend like Trump has a clue what's going on with the legislative process. 

We get the joke.  We knew he was a joke.

His supporters just don't get it.  

I get what you are saying...his supporters don't.
Anyone else seen this?

https://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczynski/mister-ill-make-a-man-out-of-you?utm_term=.rm0rwX1qEr#.sk7kv5g1Ak

[Image: sub-buzz-24551-1468778861-1.png?downsize...ality=auto]
(10-20-2017, 12:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: From the very first moment someone uttered "Impeach Trump"; I said be careful what you ask for.

I've said from the start that I don't like the idea at Pence at the helm. He could be more effective at an agenda that could be, arguably, more harmful for us (if you are someone with a political bent like mine).
(10-23-2017, 12:09 PM)GMDino Wrote: People are still laughing at Trump.  His supporters just don't get the joke is on them.

Laughter sounds a whole lot like crying.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(10-23-2017, 03:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Laughter sounds a whole lot like crying.

Oh, we weep.  The POTUS is a child and an embarrassment.

That doesn't me we can't laugh at the people who still think he's even adequate.