Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seibert?
(12-30-2020, 01:12 PM)kalibengal Wrote: they screwed the pooch yrs ago by letting the guy (Jake Elliot) they drafted thats now in Philly go. Randy edged him out that yr for the starting job. 
He turned out to be good kicker for Philly.

Elliot bagd when  need it to make the team bullick good when I needed the to make the T Bullock is still been a solid kicker but they've moved on smart move to try out the other kicker
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2020, 01:43 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: No worries - the top K in the draft will be available in the first round even if we win and pick 12th.

We can’t pick 12th. It’s anywhere between 3-10.

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2020, 01:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No he didn't.  In fact he is one of the worst kickers in the league this year at just 73.7% on FGs and 91.7 on XPs.

Bullocks 5 year AVERAGE with the Bengals is 84.9% on FG and 95.4% on XPs.  In Elliott's entire career he has not had a SINGLE SEASON where he hit 84.9% of his FGs or 95.4% of his XPs

Yikes... I wonder how Bonnie is holding up. If memory serves, the Bengals cutting Jake Elliott in favor of Fat Randy was the straw that broke the camels back for her. I don’t know if she actually quit being a fan but I never saw anyone so furious over a kicker being cut.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2020, 01:21 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Dehner mentioned that Bullock will not be re-signed. Looks like Siebert will be competing with someone else next offseason.

If Siebert is competing with anyone at all at a Bengals camp, they've already failed and need to be fitted with clown shoes.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2020, 02:27 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote:   Elliot bagd when  need it to make the team bullick good when I needed the to make the T Bullock is still been a solid kicker but they've moved on smart move to try out the other kicker

Could you do me a favor and try that again, in English?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2020, 02:38 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Yikes... I wonder how Bonnie is holding up. If memory serves, the Bengals cutting Jake Elliott in favor of Fat Randy was the straw that broke the camels back for her. I don’t know if she actually quit being a fan but I never saw anyone so furious over a kicker being cut.

Nah, it was over the kneeling stuff.

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2020, 05:10 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Could you do me a favor and try that again, in English?

[Image: d91.gif]

Reply/Quote
Every team needs a player called Fat Randy, it’s just good for business
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2020, 01:34 AM)corpjet Wrote: Every team needs a player called Fat Randy, it’s just good for business

I dunno... It probably turns off 1/3 of Americans.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
This would be my pick:

#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2020, 05:05 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: If Siebert is competing with anyone at all at a Bengals camp, they've already failed and need to be fitted with clown shoes.

It is the Bengals.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
If they get a better kicker, sure. He made over $2 million this year so I'd expect the Bengals to look for a cheaper option.

Randy Bullock is 29th all-time in the NFL with a career 83.168%. The only Bengal to have a higher percentage is Shayne Graham who is 15th with a 85.494%. Bullock has a higher percentage than 9 other active Kickers including the lowest on the list, former Bengal Mike Nugent, 49th with 81.288%.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/fg_perc_career.htm

Other notables
39th - 82.243% Jake Elliot
54th - 80.443% Sebastian Janikowski
59th - 80.000% Neil Rackers - 4 place tie with Richie Cunningham, Mike Hollis and Caleb Sturgis
63rd - 79.958% Nick Lowery
64th - 79.690% Morten Andersen - HOF
96th - 71.471% Jim Breech
112th - 66.846% Jan Stenerud - HOF
147th - 54.886% Lou Groza - HOF
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
I defended Bullock when he was above-average and fans were just hating on him for no reason, but this year has been a bit rough for him. 80.8% and 20th among kickers is very replaceable.

That said, Siebert is not the answer. Also, for anyone who mentioned him... Jake Elliott is terrible. Dude made that one kick four years ago that everyone likes to remember, but he's never actually been good for an entire year.

17th / 23rd
20th / 21st
13th / 18th
27th / 19th

That's the FG% / PAT% rankings for Elliott's career. Dude is just not good. Pitchforks and torches would be out on this board if he was the kicker the last 4 years for the Bengals.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2020, 08:17 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I defended Bullock when he was above-average and fans were just hating on him for no reason, but this year has been a bit rough for him. 80.8% and 20th among kickers is very replaceable.

That said, Siebert is not the answer. Also, for anyone who mentioned him... Jake Elliott is terrible. Dude made that one kick four years ago that everyone likes to remember, but he's never actually been good for an entire year.

17th / 23rd
20th / 21st
13th / 18th
27th / 19th

That's the FG% / PAT% rankings for Elliott's career. Dude is just not good. Pitchforks and torches would be out on this board if he was the kicker the last 4 years for the Bengals.
I started the thread and I admit I made the suggestion....on Elliot. The reason being: it seems like when the clutch kicks are needed..Bullock fails more then any other kicker I can recall in Bengals history. I may be wrong about this but its how I see Bullock. Ask yourself: do you feel confident when the they trot out Randy to make a game winner or tie a game to get to OT? I certainly do not and never have. I would like to see a stat on "clutch kicks" ...now that would be interesting to me. -Happy new yr
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2020, 03:00 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Ask yourself: do you feel confident when the they trot out Randy to make a game winner or tie a game to get to OT? I certainly do not and never have.

Can I ask why you feel this way?  He hit a 44 yard game winner with no time left against Tampa Bay in 2018 and before this year I don't remember and big misses late in the game.

(12-31-2020, 03:00 PM)kalibengal Wrote: I would like to see a stat on "clutch kicks" ...now that would be interesting to me. 

For the Bengals Bullock is 5 of 7 in the final 2 minutes of a game and 16-19 in the final 2 minutes of the first half with the misses coming from 53, 53, and 58.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2020, 03:00 PM)kalibengal Wrote: I started the thread and I admit I made the suggestion....on Elliot. The reason being: it seems like when the clutch kicks are needed..Bullock fails more then any other kicker I can recall in Bengals history. I may be wrong about this but its how I see Bullock. Ask yourself: do you feel confident when the they trot out Randy to make a game winner or tie a game to get to OT? I certainly do not and never have. I would like to see a stat on "clutch kicks" ...now that would be interesting to me. -Happy new yr

I'm not even sure there's such a thing as a "clutch kick". It sounds a bit subjective and mythical.

If a guy misses a FG early in the game but then makes a FG at the end of the game to win it, is that clutch? The last FG wouldn't have been required to win if he had just made the first one. How does that make him more clutch than the guy who made the first FG and then missed a later FG? Points are points.

Going back to Jake Elliott. His rookie year he hit a game winning 61 yard FG with zero time left. Clutch, right? Wrong. He missed a 52 yarder earlier in the game that would have meant the 61 yarder would never have had to happen. They could have just let the clock run out and won.

Also, if a kicker misses a FG in the 3rd quarter, and then the QB fails to score in the 4th quarter and the team loses by 2 points, does that make the kicker less clutch than a different kicker who misses a FG in the 3rd quarter, but THEIR QB manages to score in the 4th quarter and they instead win by 5? Kickers did the exact same thing, just their QBs played differently, changing the final outcome... yet one kicker is going to have his fans remembering his miss being the difference while the other gets away with it.

I think you just need to ask if a player is good or not. If they are, good. If not, bad. Worrying about clutch just seems looking for answers that you already believe in.

- - - -
Happy New Year to you too.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
for shits and giggles I searched and found this:https://www.footballoutsiders.com/extra-points/2020/clutch-kicks-1985-2019

If you read it they give a shout out to guess who?? Jake Elliot
Reply/Quote
Current kicker in Arizona has been perfect this year.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2020, 06:11 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: If they get a better kicker, sure. He made over $2 million this year so I'd expect the Bengals to look for a cheaper option.

Randy Bullock is 29th all-time in the NFL with a career 83.168%. The only Bengal to have a higher percentage is Shayne Graham who is 15th with a 85.494%. Bullock has a higher percentage than 9 other active Kickers including the lowest on the list, former Bengal Mike Nugent, 49th with 81.288%.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/fg_perc_career.htm

Other notables
39th - 82.243% Jake Elliot
54th - 80.443% Sebastian Janikowski
59th - 80.000% Neil Rackers - 4 place tie with Richie Cunningham, Mike Hollis and Caleb Sturgis
63rd - 79.958% Nick Lowery
64th - 79.690% Morten Andersen - HOF
96th - 71.471% Jim Breech
112th - 66.846% Jan Stenerud - HOF
147th - 54.886% Lou Groza - HOF

It's simple really. People never liked the guy because he's a bit chubby, he's a kicker, we didn't draft him, and he replaced somebody we did.

He was never going to get a fair shot from the fans. The few missed clutch kicks just added gas to the fire. Overall, he's been excellent, but it really doesn't matter. People don't like him cuz reasons.

Edit: That said, Bullock hasn't been as good this year as previous years, so I wouldn't mind a replacement at this point. He had a good run for us though, no doubt.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2020, 05:31 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: It's simple really. People never liked the guy because he's a bit chubby, he's a kicker, we didn't draft him, and he replaced somebody we did.

People have strange reasons. I always think people were harder on Dalton because he was a redhead. Not saying unfounded critiquing, just more passionate about it. Probably the South Park, anti-ginger thing that got mouth breathers a reason to dislike someone for some different reason. 
Reply/Quote