Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seibert?
(12-31-2020, 06:03 PM)Destro Wrote: People have strange reasons. I always think people were harder on Dalton because he was a redhead. Not saying unfounded critiquing, just more passionate about it. Probably the South Park, anti-ginger thing that got mouth breathers a reason to dislike someone for some different reason. 

I hope the next kicker is fat too....
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2020, 01:12 PM)kalibengal Wrote: they screwed the pooch yrs ago by letting the guy (Jake Elliot) they drafted thats now in Philly go. Randy edged him out that yr for the starting job. 
He turned out to be good kicker for Philly.

This...I agree with. Seifert isn’t the answer, but I am tired seeing fat boy miss and costing wins

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2021, 03:51 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: This...I agree with.  Seifert isn’t the answer, but I am tired seeing fat boy miss and costing wins

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What wins did he cost us?

He missed kicks in 4 games.

Against the Chargers, the miss kept us from going to overtime.  That is not a guaranteed win.  The touchdown called back that was flagged is what cost us the win.

In the other 3 games, converting 100% would still have left us on the wrong side of the point differential for a win.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Kickers are too subjected to getting blamed for any number of screwups on every kick that aren't their faults sometimes. Remember, there are 3 people directly involved in every FG, the kicker of course, the holder and the snapper. All 3 have to be near perfect every time. If the ball is spinning to much in any direction...miss and NOT the kickers fault. If the holder gets the ball down just slightly off..not the kickers fault.. The kicker simply runs up and kicks the ball in a very choreographed manner..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2021, 07:40 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: What wins did he cost us?

He missed kicks in 4 games.

Against the Chargers, the miss kept us from going to overtime.  That is not a guaranteed win.  The touchdown called back that was flagged is what cost us the win.

In the other 3 games, converting 100% would still have left us on the wrong side of the point differential for a win.

Momentum matters. A lot of his misses always felt like the type that would just suck the wind out of the sails.
Reply/Quote