Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin thinks Bengals have the ability to win Super Bowl
(07-25-2018, 10:46 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Good one dude. So help me read between the lines on why “he doesn’t care about winning one playoff game”, when, in fact, you have to win one PO game to advance? And then act talk down to me because he’s talking in some lame, contradicting manne. He clearly cares about winning one playoff game. Why the heck wouldn’t he? It’s a step closer. Makes no sense to say that. But rock on, dude ?

He just means he's not interested in winning ONLY one playoff game, as if that's some great success. 

Of course he's saying "all the right things". It's what coaches and players always do before the season. It's when he actually gets on the field (specifically prime time and playoff games) to ply his trade that his words go swirling down the drain. 

Anyone can talk a good game.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2018, 11:16 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Last year at this time I had a feeling of dread — and I wasn’t wrong.

(07-25-2018, 12:00 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Huge move moving on from PA no question FIK. Had the same feeling last year before the season.

Tried to stay positive, it was just painstakingly hard.

This year the entire team seems to be exuding confidence, even Marv. He had none of this last year.

Or was it this?

Fan_in_Kettering

My expectations for the Cincinnati Bengals haven't been this high since 1988.

Nate (formerly eliminate08)

God awful adding John Ross the fastest player ever that has an extensive route tree and Joe Mixon the RB with the best vision in decades...

I know they are rookies but we have had rookies play great before as Wolf here says.

Billings is my favorite DT in college of all time, cannot believe we got this guy. Minter can cover and tackle unlike the guy he is replacing.

We all know the question mark at LT and i hated losing Whit but for all we know it was the right decision, we will see.

I am expecting a very good regular season and a loss in the Playoffs. I would be surprised if this team doesn't win atleast 8 games and if they don't Marv will be gone and i will be happy about it. I have learned to take the bad with the good with this team and football is my favorite sport to watch and this is my favorite team in all of sports.

I for one am very excited to watch this team this year.

Lame ass Marv has never had a more talented roster to work with.

I am predicting 13 wins and a loss in the Playoffs. Guenther becomes Head Coach in 2018 and we make a run for the SB.

Completely agree Wolf. Cool 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2018, 02:04 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: He just means he's not interested in winning ONLY one playoff game, as if that's some great success. 

Of course he's saying "all the right things". It's what coaches and players always do before the season. It's when he actually gets on the field (specifically prime time and playoff games) to ply his trade that his words go swirling down the drain. 

Anyone can talk a good game.

I mean, the stats do back that claim up.  Mellow

So Bravo Marv. You're on course for never winning "ONLY" one PO game in year 16 of your career. I'm sure the FO has labeled this as successful results. Matter of fact, I know they have. So keep fighting the good fight, Marv. I salute you.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
Im pretty apathetic towards this franchise. Ill continue to watch every Sunday, but im not nearly as hardcore as I used to be. Hell, I barely even post on these message boards anymore.

Im just sick and tired of it. Its the same thing every year. The Bengals are my team but I can no longer muster up the energy to get pissed off at them or frustrated by the same old crap they put me through.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2018, 06:17 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm with ya ocho

Yes they made a couple unbengal like moves, which was great ! But did they do enough ?

We'll have to see. I personally would have not re-signed Eifert and potentially put that freed up cap space and possibly more to sign a better RT in FA or draft a RT (would have totally pulled the trigger on Tyrell Crosby in Rd 5 instead of Davontae Harris) and use that freed up cap space from Eifert on another position.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Hue Jackson said the Browns could win the SB, too. Hey, it's possible.
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2018, 02:55 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: I don't have a problem with him believing, it's his "who gives a shit about a single PO victory" smugness that irritates me.

If you ever say that you would be satisfied with just winning only playoff game you would be crucified around here for "accepting mediocrity".
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2018, 03:05 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Or was it this?

Fan_in_Kettering

My expectations for the Cincinnati Bengals haven't been this high since 1988.

Nate (formerly eliminate08)

God awful adding John Ross the fastest player ever that has an extensive route tree and Joe Mixon the RB with the best vision in decades...

I know they are rookies but we have had rookies play great before as Wolf here says.

Billings is my favorite DT in college of all time, cannot believe we got this guy. Minter can cover and tackle unlike the guy he is replacing.

We all know the question mark at LT and i hated losing Whit but for all we know it was the right decision, we will see.

I am expecting a very good regular season and a loss in the Playoffs. I would be surprised if this team doesn't win atleast 8 games and if they don't Marv will be gone and i will be happy about it. I have learned to take the bad with the good with this team and football is my favorite sport to watch and this is my favorite team in all of sports.

I for one am very excited to watch this team this year.

Lame ass Marv has never had a more talented roster to work with.

I am predicting 13 wins and a loss in the Playoffs. Guenther becomes Head Coach in 2018 and we make a run for the SB.

Completely agree Wolf. Cool 

Way to slap me around Rfaulk lol, but granted that was before the end of Preseason, that was when i got a bad
feeling about the season. My optimism was always an IF Og and Fisher play well we could win that many games.

Clearly didn't happen and we all saw how Ross and Billing's season went. Time to move on.

Just so happy we got Pollack, Glenn and Price. My prediction for last year could actually happen this year.

I believe as we got closer to the season my prediction went way down hill. Then the Ravens game happened and
it really went down hill.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2018, 01:25 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I believe as we got closer to the season my prediction went way down hill. Then the Ravens game happened and
it really went down hill.

Last year was tough to watch. Good Lord it was horribly bad at every angle. Coaching, attitude, poor performance, etc. You name it, it sucked! I will be stoked just to get out of the suck zone! And yes, A SB would be a nice additive.  Smirk

Reply/Quote
(07-26-2018, 01:31 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Last year was tough to watch. Good Lord it was horribly bad at every angle. Coaching, attitude, poor performance, etc. You name it, it sucked! I will be stoked just to get out of the suck zone! And yes, A SB would be a nice additive.  Smirk

Yes sir, it was tough. I know we haven't got to the Preseason yet but it feels much better this Offseason with the new
additions. Like Kevin keeps on yelling blocking will be where it is at and with Pollack, Glenn and Price now here we might
actually get to see some good blocking in Preseason, if we do, my prediction of atleast 8 wins stands.

No way do we win less then 8 games after all that went wrong last year and still won 7. Lazor having an entire Offseason
to implement his own playbook etc. Dude was thrown into the fire last season.

Also i might add that the one coach we added that i had questions about is even impressing me in Teryl Austin. I really
like how he is talking having a great tackling Defense that is not afraid to make a play on the ball. Stop the run, tackle
well and make plays.
Reply/Quote
I must say that I like Marvin's positive attitude and that he is challenging his staff and players. Mike Brown is even positive this year. I like it.

To all of you that are gun shy, I understand. Your spirit has been broken. Bengals tend to find a way to break spirits around here. But I say this:

"These are not your fathers' Cincinnati Bengals"

Alexander is gone. Zampese is gone.

This is our time.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2018, 01:42 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: "These are not your fathers' Cincinnati Bengals"

Alexander is gone.  Zampese is gone.  

This is our time.

Bazinga!

Reply/Quote
(07-26-2018, 01:31 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Last year was tough to watch. Good Lord it was horribly bad at every angle. Coaching, attitude, poor performance, etc. You name it, it sucked! I will be stoked just to get out of the suck zone! And yes, A SB would be a nice additive.  Smirk

I have seen some poor play from the Bengals but it has been very rare for me to think they had "quit".  

All I can say is that it is a good thing I was not here after the Bears game last year.  Winning those last two games have erased that abomination from many memories, but that was about as bad as I have ever seen the Bengals look.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2018, 04:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I have seen some poor play from the Bengals but it has been very rare for me to think they had "quit".  

All I can say is that it is a good thing I was not here after the Bears game last year.  Winning those last two games have erased that abomination from many memories, but that was about as bad as I have ever seen the Bengals look.

Concur - but even that game wasn't as bad as some of those 90's debacles. 
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2018, 01:42 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I must say that I like Marvin's positive attitude and that he is challenging his staff and players.  Mike Brown is even positive this year.  I like it.  

To all of you that are gun shy, I understand.  Your spirit has been broken.  Bengals tend to find a way to break spirits around here.  But I say this:

"These are not your fathers' Cincinnati Bengals"

Alexander is gone.  Zampese is gone.  

This is our time.

Mike and Marv aren't gone.

It is still your father's Cincinnati Bengals. 

It's like the guy down at the corner grocery store. You've been asking for Sugar-free Diet Dr Pepper Zero for a couple years now, and he finally got it in. Right when you decided to go back to Classic Coke. 

Reply/Quote
(07-26-2018, 02:11 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Bazinga!

Harley...you realize that when Sheldon said "bazinga" that he was tricking someone, right? He meant the opposite of what originally said.  Cool

Reply/Quote
(07-26-2018, 04:41 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Harley...you realize that when Sheldon said "bazinga" that he was tricking someone, right? He meant the opposite of what originally said.  Cool

Sad 

Yeah, I guess your right. It was 6am.

Reply/Quote