Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sen Susan Collins trashes Rep Farenthold on hot mic
Quote:“Did you see the one who challenged me to a duel?” Susan Collins asks. “Trust me: You know why he challenged you to a duel?” the other senator says. “Because you could beat the s--t out of him first.”
Collins laughs, then calls U.S. Rep. Blake Farenthold “huge” and says, “I don’t mean to be unkind, but he’s so unattractive, it’s unbelievable.”
She then references a picture unearthed during Farenthold’s 2010 campaign with him standing in pajamas with ducks on them with a scantily clad model.

http://stateandcapitol.bangordailynews.com/2017/07/25/on-hot-mic-collins-calls-duel-invoking-congressman-huge-and-unattractive/

For those who do not know, the guy pictured below is a representative from Texas who recently blamed the healthcare failure in the Senate on "female senators from the Northeast", saying he could challenge them to duels if they were men from South Texas.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/07/25/texas-rep-farenthold-says-he-would-challenge-female-gop-senators-to-a-duel-if-they-were-south-texas-men/?utm_term=.1ad2b4bc6571

[Image: blake-farenthold.jpg]
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Here come the "don't make fun of men's appearance if you don't want people to make fun of women's"

Always picking on the poor, defenseless white men!

Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-25-2017, 03:59 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: http://stateandcapitol.bangordailynews.com/2017/07/25/on-hot-mic-collins-calls-duel-invoking-congressman-huge-and-unattractive/

For those who do not know, the guy pictured below is a representative from Texas who recently blamed the healthcare failure in the Senate on "female senators from the Northeast", saying he could challenge them to duels if they were men from South Texas.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/07/25/texas-rep-farenthold-says-he-would-challenge-female-gop-senators-to-a-duel-if-they-were-south-texas-men/?utm_term=.1ad2b4bc6571

[Image: blake-farenthold.jpg]

I've said for a while that Louie Anderson is not as one dimensional as people think. But I had no idea he could play a Republican from Texas.

[Image: BlackT[1].jpg]
(07-25-2017, 04:16 PM)GMDino Wrote: Here come the "don't make fun of men's appearance if you don't want people to make fun of women's"

Always picking on the poor, defenseless white men!

Smirk

And you said it preemptively because you know there is indeed a double standard on that topic.

People want equality for all... except for when they don't, and want to be treated special and protected.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Susan Collins is the worst. She needs called out for her basically being a democrat.
Lucie will duel her!  Lucie will duel anyone!
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

(07-25-2017, 06:03 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Lucie will duel her!  Lucie will duel anyone!

I do not have a problem Calling out anyone's bs. Same with McCain, yeah he is a hero, cancer sucks, and he should definelty be respected but his politics are the worst.
(07-25-2017, 04:19 PM)Benton Wrote: I've said for a while that Louie Anderson is not as one dimensional as people think. But I had no idea he could play a Republican from Texas.

[Image: BlackT[1].jpg]

I saw him being pushed around in a wheelchair at the Atlanta airport one time. My one celebrity sighting in the wild. LOL
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(07-25-2017, 08:23 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I saw him being pushed around in a wheelchair at the Atlanta airport one time. My one celebrity sighting in the wild. LOL

Only airport celebrity I've seen was the guy from blues traveler. I probably wouldn't have noticed him, but the chick he was with was incredibly hot. Otherwise, he was just some big guy in the lobby.
(07-25-2017, 05:46 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: And you said it preemptively because you know there is indeed a double standard on that topic.

People want equality for all... except for when they don't, and want to be treated special and protected.

Nope.  I just know this board.

White men who think they are downtrodden playing the victim card.
(07-25-2017, 08:57 PM)GMDino Wrote: Nope.  I just know this board.

White men who think they are downtrodden playing the victim card.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTndnNfWwtPMaiDTeGDrBz...EVEQmiP8uQ]
One apologized...one said he was joking.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/hot-mic-catches-sen-collins-lawmaker-he-s-so-unattractive-n786421

Quote:Later Tuesday, Collins apologized.

"Neither weapons nor inappropriate words are the right way to resolve legislative disputes," she said. "I received a handwritten apology from Rep. Farenthold late this morning. I accept his apology, and I offer him mine."

Collins on the open microphone also mentioned to Rhode Island Democrat Jack Reed a widely circulated picture of Farenthold wearing pajamas posing next to a scantily clad woman.
View image on Twitter
[Image: DFl8TzyXcAA2Qnk.jpg:small]

Quote:[/url]

[url=https://twitter.com/MissBeaE] Follow

[Image: 7koNJTyR_normal.jpg]Beatrice-Elizabeth 

@MissBeaE
This is the photo Sen. Susan Collins was referring to when she commented on Rep. Blake Farenthold wearing pajamas in 2010.
12:04 PM - 25 Jul 2017

Farenthold said Monday he was only joking with his comments about Collins.

"Like the President, I am sick and tired of the left-wing biased media trying to make something out of nothing," he said in a statement. "This was clearly tongue in cheek. That being said, I'm extremely frustrated with Senate republicans who are breaking their promise to the American people to repeal and replace Obamacare." 
Meanwhile the more important, and serious part, of what she said has been overlooked so a guy could complain someone made fun of his looks.

Quote:At the end of a Senate subcommittee hearing on Tuesday morning, Chairman Susan Collins, R-Maine, didn't switch off her microphone. Apparently speaking to Sen. Jack Reed, R.I., the ranking Democrat of the committee, Collins discussed the federal budget — and President Donald Trump's lack of familiarity with the details of governing

After Reed praises Collins' handling of the hearing, held by the Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies subcommittee of the Senate
Appropriations Committee, she laments the administration's handling of spending.

"I swear, (the Office of Management and Budget) just went through and whenever there was 'grant,' they just X it out," Collins says. "With no measurement, no thinking about it, no metrics, no nothing. It's just incredibly irresponsible."

"Yes," Reed replies. "I think — I think he's crazy," apparently referring to the president. "I mean, I don't say that lightly and as a kind of a goofy guy."

"I'm worried," Collins replies.

"Oof," Reed continues. "You know, this thing — if we don't get a budget deal, we're going to be paralyzed."

"I know," Collins replies.

"(Department of Defense) is going to be paralyzed, everybody is going to be paralyzed," Reed says.

"I don't think he knows there is a (Budget Control Act) or anything," Collins says, referring to a 2011 law that defines the budget process.

"He was down at the Ford commissioning," Reed says, referring to President Trump's weekend event launching a new aircraft carrier, "saying, 'I want them to pass my budget.' Okay, so we give him $54 billion and then we take it away across the board which would cause chaos."

"Right," Collins replies.

"It's just — and he hasn't — not one word about the budget. Not one word about the debt ceiling," Reed says.

"Good point," Collins replies.

"You've got (Budget Director Mick) Mulvaney saying we're going to put in all sorts of stuff like a border wall. Then you've got (Treasury Secretary Steve) Mnuchin saying it's got to be clean," Reed continues. "We're going to be back in September, and, you know, you're going to have crazy people in the House."

http://www.tampabay.com/news/politics/national/sens-susan-collins-and-jack-reed-caught-on-hot-mic-saying-trump-is-crazy/2331447
(07-25-2017, 11:03 PM)GMDino Wrote: One apologized...one said he was joking.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/hot-mic-catches-sen-collins-lawmaker-he-s-so-unattractive-n786421

Toughen up Nancy. Save your apologies for when your watching soccer.
(07-25-2017, 11:23 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Toughen up Nancy.   Save your apologies for when your watching soccer.

Nervous
(07-25-2017, 11:24 PM)GMDino Wrote: Nervous

I can not stand Susan a Collins.
(07-26-2017, 12:50 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I can not stand Susan a Collins.

Does she not dress properly?  Or is she "thick"?   Mellow

I've never seen her.

Heck I'd barely heard about her except that she opposed the Senate's health care bills because of they way they were created and the items in it.
(07-26-2017, 09:34 AM)GMDino Wrote: Does she not dress properly?  Or is she "thick"?   Mellow

I've never seen her.

Heck I'd barely heard about her except that she opposed the Senate's health care bills because of they way they were created and the items in it.

i bet she would wear jeans if she could
People suck
(07-26-2017, 10:06 AM)Griever Wrote: i bet she would wear jeans if she could

Seems is is proper and wears dresses most of the time (based on a quick google search).

But she also seems like the kind of person who doesn't vote straight party and is willing to work with people if they will work with her too.

That would explain any problems someone would have with her.  Can't have people who aren't sure they are right all the time.
(07-26-2017, 09:34 AM)GMDino Wrote: Does she not dress properly?  Or is she "thick"?   Mellow

I've never seen her.

She is just a democrat for all intents and purposes.