Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Well folks..I'm done with this team
(11-26-2020, 04:33 PM)BengalRed Wrote: The only thing that would make me abandon this team is if they were to sign Kaepernick. I'd be gone in a split second.

Oh man.  I'd be right behind you.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2020, 10:48 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: You'll be back when Joseph is healthy, that is the only reason to watch, anyway...
Yep.

Even when your gut feeling that this is a badly coached team that would find a way to lose... the only sliver of enjoyment was watching Joe play.

Week to week this season that was the main reason for watching.

Anyone who thought this was an above .500 team going into this season wake the hell up!

Your optimism is appreciated but pay attention to things.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Have always enjoyed your posts, sorry to see you go. Have a Happy Thanksgiving.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2020, 04:30 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Okay Mr. fan police. Whatever

I think Gramps can leave and come back anytime he feels like.

Anyone who is a fan of this inept team can go on vacation from this fan-frickin-tastic shitshow.

I think it's hilarious that someone has no empathy for a person obviously emotionally invested in a historically bad team.

It's fans that only know a handful of players on the team or blank stare you when discussing the team I have little respect for.

Not someone who is  saddened/pissed/frustrated who follows the team intensely.

Amen. :andy:
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 10:55 AM)grampahol Wrote: Nothing changes..nothing improves and nobody gets the hook and when they do they just hire dumber than the one they fired. 
It's not a personal issue with this board. This board deserves better, but I'm done with the Cincinnati Bengals after all these years...and my phone crapped out this morning to make it even better.. 
Thinking about getting my mind away from this mess I have a big job this week to fix up a big house in a high dollar neighborhood full of rotting windows.. maybe I'll buy the team with the proceeds.. Yeah...right..lol

Sorry I have to chuckle at this post as its the standard yearly sentiment we see on this board due to the ineptitude we witness yr after yr . My guess is you will back at some point to discuss the draft and that Burrows recovery is quicker then anticipated etc. Its just part of being a fan of this team.....unfortunately every yr we start taking draft way too early to even care.   Go fix some windows and see you in a month. :andy:    
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2020, 06:28 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Sorry I have to chuckle at this post as its the standard yearly sentiment we see on this board due to the ineptitude we witness yr after yr . My guess is you will back at some point to discuss the draft and that Burrows recovery is quicker then anticipated etc. Its just part of being a fan of this team.....unfortunately every yr we start taking draft way too early to even care.   Go fix some windows and see you in a month. :andy:    

I've been informed it's my turn next year! Hehe
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2020, 01:53 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I mean, the Washington game was 9-7, with us about to punt from inside our own 20.

Could we have won?  Sure.  Could we have lost?  Sure.  I'd say the odds were about a coin-flip.

Dallas, the Giants, and Houston are not gimme games, even with Burrow.

Dallas is coming off a relatively decent win againt the Vikings.  Prior to that, they had the lead on the Steelers the entire game, up until the 2:14 left in the game.  This with a QB signed off the street.  They've gotten some key pieces back, and their defense has been playing better.

The Giants have gotten lot better recently and are probably better than most realize.  They've won 2 in a row, and all 3 of their wins have come within the last 5 games.  Their two losses over that span came by totals of 2 and 1.  And one was to the Bucs.

Houston has looked like a different team since they cleaned house, and Raheem Morris took over. They've gone 2-1 over their last 3, with the lone loss coming against the Browns in a 10-7 game.  They just beat the Patriots, who aren't terrible.  They're 3-3 since Morris took over.

I'm not pointing any of this out to make these teams sound like world-beaters.  I'm just saying it's not like they're not the Jets.  All of these games are coin-flip types of games.

You can't just arbitarily come up with the idea that if Burrow were healthy we're 3-1 over these teams (Wash, NYG, Dal, Hou) and treat it as the likely outcome.  We'd be just as likely to 1-3 as we would 3-1.

Regardless of any of this, we have no idea what the final record would have been.  Going back and hypothetically changing things to assign pretend wins just seems like a waste of time.  Any way you shake it, this team is still finishing well under .500.

I was basing it on Burrow having 200 yards passing in the first half, the defense doing very well, and the Bengals leading despite FR giving away 4 easy points.  Yes, you could argue the opposite.  That's your right.  But I think most on here thought the Bengals would get at least three wins out of Wash, Dallas, NYG, and Houston if Burrow was still out there.  

The reason I was sharing that optimism was to show that the offense, in fact, was much better than a year ago.  That you can't argue.  They have improved on that side of the line.  As I mentioned, the defense lost its two biggest FA acquisitions and another starter in Phillips.  Dunlap and Atkins were relied upon this year and offered pretty much nothing.  One more year of clearing cap space and bringing in some younger talent could make the team competitive very quickly. 

It's your right to choose to be miserable or to focus on whatever negative you like, but I am trying to show there are reasons to be positive as well.  
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2020, 02:50 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I believe that losing teams can always point to a bunch of games and can say "if only". That is what makes them a losing team. Good teams win those games.

This is just the "one score game" argument from last year. That is WHY you are a bad team. Good teams win those games. Beatdowns like the Ravens/Steelers games are not the norm. Most games are decided by 1 score in the NFL.

We have been talking about Burrow getting hurt behind a shitty OL passing a ton per game and taking all those hits. He got hurt. Nobody was REALLY surprised. So how can you count theoretical victories when the inevitable happened?

Really easily....1, 2, 3.... Hilarious

I kiiiiiiid.

There is not some theoretical victory playoff committee that me counting what I considered to be very winnable games (especially the way Burrow was playing).  It was just for the sake of trying to provide optimism.  You hammer this good team, bad team argument as though when you are a bad team the only actions permissible are to piss and moan about how bad your team is instead of trying to isolate the negatives and highlight some of the positives.  If that makes you, Wes, and other happy, great!  Have at it.

I choose the optimism.  I choose to look at what I saw in Burrow and think we have a chance in any game if he is protected and has some weapons.  So that is what I would focus on this offseason:  Sign Thuney, Draft Ja'Marr Chase, and watch the offense soar.  Most the rest of the draft I would spend on defense.  That gives me hope and optimism that they can do something while Burrow is on his rookie contract.  I am VERY happy with the selection of Burrow as QB and a lot of dominoes had to fall to get him.  They have him and it is time for them to win again.  It will be next season.  
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2020, 04:33 PM)BengalRed Wrote: The only thing that would make me abandon this team is if they were to sign Kaepernick. I'd be gone in a split second.

To each their own, but we cheered a guy for years who punched women, spit on cops, paralyzed a bouncer, and help cost us what would've been the biggest win in 30 games.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Say what?
[Image: aa3fcd63-e31d-431d-99c3-44e20327931f-Scr...&auto=webp]
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2020, 02:55 PM)jason Wrote: To each their own, but we cheered a guy for years who punched women, spit on cops, paralyzed a bouncer, and help cost us what would've been the biggest win in 30 games.

Years
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2020, 04:13 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Years

Wish it was only 30 games...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 10:55 AM)grampahol Wrote: Nothing changes..nothing improves and nobody gets the hook and when they do they just hire dumber than the one they fired. 
It's not a personal issue with this board. This board deserves better, but I'm done with the Cincinnati Bengals after all these years...and my phone crapped out this morning to make it even better.. 
Thinking about getting my mind away from this mess I have a big job this week to fix up a big house in a high dollar neighborhood full of rotting windows.. maybe I'll buy the team with the proceeds.. Yeah...right..lol
In my best Tommy Chong:
"I've done that, maaan!"
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2020, 09:13 PM)SladeX Wrote: In my best Tommy Chong:
"I've done that, maaan!"

Wink
Reply/Quote