Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Senior Bowl Coverage
Will Hernandez!! Once again! Was told by a dude I know at senior bowl that a scout told him he's playing himself into top 15 consideration possibly top 10. Easily best lineman at senior bowl. Which sucks. But I'd be more than happy taking him at 12. Brandon Parker struggles.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2018, 06:48 PM)Synric Wrote: Isiah Wynn has absolutely been the best offensive linemen at the Senior Bowl.

(01-24-2018, 07:28 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Will Hernandez!! Once again! Was told by a dude I know at senior bowl that a scout told him he's playing himself into top 15 consideration possibly top 10. Easily best lineman at senior bowl.  Which sucks. But I'd be more than happy taking him at 12. Brandon Parker struggles.

Wait, so which is it?   Ninja
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2018, 07:40 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Wait, so which is it?   Ninja

I made a topic on Hernandez. With a bunch if tweets. Isiah Wynn has looked fantastic at multiple spots. But just at guard it's Hernandez. Wynn can play guard or tackle. But we can have Hernandez in 1, Wynn in 2 and be happy about it.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2018, 03:33 PM)Synric Wrote: Guess it's why I'm not an NFL scout.

I saw Allen putting balls in the wrong spot with no touch and I'm thinking "ewww gonna lead to INTs in thr NFL". Scouts are seeing a protypical NFL QB with a huge arm and are thinking "we can coach him".

Yeah, I thought they were gushing on him a bit too much, in comparison to what the results were, but yes, I'm not a scout either lol.

That last line I think nails it; coachable.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2018, 07:46 PM)Jpoore Wrote: I made a topic on Hernandez. With a bunch if tweets. Isiah Wynn has looked fantastic at multiple spots. But just at guard it's Hernandez. Wynn can play guard or tackle. But we can have Hernandez in 1, Wynn in 2 and be happy about it.

Sure, they're both superior athletes.  But, only ONE can be the best OL at the Senior Bowl..

Which one is it??

As of right now, $5 says that Wynn gets drafted before Hernandez.  Ninja

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Isiah Wynn has shut down the outside speed rushers at RT. He's shut down the larger NT snd faster interior guys at LG and RG...

Hernandez has yet to take a snap at any position besides LG...they haven't even tried moving him to the right side. To me I have to wonder...why?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2018, 07:53 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Sure, they're both superior athletes.  But, only ONE can be the best OL at the Senior Bowl..

Which one is it??

As of right now, $5 says that Wynn gets drafted before Hernandez.  Ninja
No scout has said Isiah Wynn top 15. I got a buddy at senior bowl who said that scout told him hernandez is playing himself into top 15 conversation, possibly top 10
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2018, 08:02 PM)Jpoore Wrote: No scout has said Isiah Wynn top 15. I got a buddy at senior bowl who said that scout told him hernandez is playing himself into top 15 conversation, possibly top 10

Perhaps the scouts with opinions that matter aren't shooting off their mouths to random dudes in the stands?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2018, 08:11 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Perhaps the scouts with opinions that matter aren't shooting off their mouths to random dudes in the stands?

I was at the Senior Bowl practices a few years back (snuck it in during a work trip lol no wonder I'm divorced lol). The coaches and scouts are no where near the fans.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2018, 07:28 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Will Hernandez!! Once again! Was told by a dude I know at senior bowl that a scout told him he's playing himself into top 15 consideration possibly top 10. Easily best lineman at senior bowl.  Which sucks. But I'd be more than happy taking him at 12. Brandon Parker struggles.

(01-24-2018, 08:13 PM)Synric Wrote: I was at the Senior Bowl practices a few years back (snuck it in during a work trip lol no wonder I'm divorced lol). The coaches and scouts are no where near the fans.

Hmm, we seem to have a discrepancy in details here.

Jpoore, are you making stuff up??

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2018, 08:31 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hmm, we seem to have a discrepancy in details here.

They mash fans into one section with lots of security same as they do at the combine.

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2018, 01:37 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Mayfield had a bad day from a weigh in perspective. Dude has tiny hands along with only be 6 ft.

Appearently his hands are not that small at 9 1/2(which is at NFL standards) but it still isn't as good as Russ or Drew's hand size both over 10 inches.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Just saw a video on Twitter of Mayfield and Allen doing a drill. Mayfield nailed the target and Allen overthrew the contraption completely.
https://twitter.com/nickijhabvala/status/956228021945618437

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2018, 09:44 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Just saw a video on Twitter of Mayfield and Allen doing a drill. Mayfield nailed the target and Allen overthrew the contraption completely.
https://twitter.com/nickijhabvala/status/956228021945618437

"Allen threw it too hard for the net to catch it"

But this has been an issue with Allen for 2 years. He struggles with accuracy. He always has, it's not going to change overnight. He's Jake Locker 2.0
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2018, 10:08 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: "Allen threw it too hard for the net to catch it"

But this has been an issue with Allen for 2 years. He struggles with accuracy. He always has, it's not going to change overnight. He's Jake Locker 2.0

Yep. And unless someone can prove some evidence on the contrary, I can’t recall a single QB with bad accuracy in college that became an accurate passer in the NFL. Accuracy isn’t something that I’ve seen as a “coachable” issue.

Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

Opinion A vs B. It’s subjective.
Both have done well.

But here’s some more on Wynn...
https://twitter.com/christrapasso/status/956341470218407936

https://twitter.com/pff/status/956287109320585216

Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2018, 08:31 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hmm, we seem to have a discrepancy in details here.

on my life I'm not. Name is Cole diehl. Member like I am of Lombardi's draft talk on FB. Dude is a amateur scout. This is what he was told and he's never lied before.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2018, 10:08 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: "Allen threw it too hard for the net to catch it"

Or he could be Boomer Esiason 2.0. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2018, 06:48 PM)Synric Wrote: Isiah Wynn has absolutely been the best offensive linemen at the Senior Bowl.

Someone will be along shortly to tell you you're wrong
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2018, 10:21 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Yep. And unless someone can prove some evidence on the contrary, I can’t recall a single QB with bad accuracy in college that became an accurate passer in the NFL. Accuracy isn’t something that I’ve seen as a “coachable” issue.

The accuracy issue is a footwork issue. He made some really nice throws in college that were NFL caliber. When he rushes his footwork, which to me is a result of living under pressure and on the run, then he tends to throw high. Someone is going to have to rework his footwork which has happened in the NFL. Newton had pretty bad footwork when he came in and it has gotten better during his career, but he does something similar in games where he is under pressure a lot his mechanics break down and he sails a lot of balls. 
Reply/Quote