Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sewell has been talking with the Bengals
Good news on the draft front.

Sewell has had multiple conversations with the Bengals.

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2021/04/23/penei-sewell-joining-joe-burrow-bengals-nfl-draft/

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2021, 03:49 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Good news on the draft front.

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2021/04/23/penei-sewell-joining-joe-burrow-bengals-nfl-draft/

Good!  Get the contract fine details hammered out now and let's get him on the field!

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote

I imagine the bengals have had converstations with most of the guys they expect to be there when they pick. (that they are looking at)
Reply/Quote

Quote:Sewell also confirmed he’s had the usual draft calls with the Bengals, where the team dives into his play, strengths and weakness and otherwise introductory items.

There wasn’t anything too out of the ordinary here as a far as draft prospect interviews go. 

Ok and?
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2021, 04:37 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I imagine the bengals have had converstations with most of the guys they expect to be there when they pick. (that they are looking at)

(04-23-2021, 04:50 PM)Stewy Wrote: Ok and?

There was no mention of this previously... just sharing that he was in contact with them and his comments about protecting Burrow and keeping him clean were kind of nice to hear.

Reply/Quote
Might be a smokescreen, which seems unusual for us, but maybe we're doing things like a real franchise.
Reply/Quote
I think after the great workout with Pollack.. and the lack of FA pickups at Oline.. starting to feel Sewell is the guy at #5.. we can only hope so
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2021, 03:49 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Sewell has had multiple conversations with the Bengals.

Good....keep the smoke screen strong and get Chase in here asap.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2021, 07:55 PM)Beaker Wrote: Good....keep the smoke screen strong and get Chase in here asap.

To congratulate Joe on his new 10 year OT in Sewell.  I agree.

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
I think his positive attitude is something we need. We could find it from someone else, I guess, but not everyone has that kind of contagious personality. And having it come from such a marquee draft pick would have an overnight effect.

You just want to go to war with those guys. It's esp important for a team like ours whose culture has been in the dumps for years. You do need talent at the end of the day, but the right intangibles make it so much easier to optimize said talent and build something special.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2021, 07:55 PM)Beaker Wrote: Good....keep the smoke screen strong and get Chase in here asap.

Have you ever considered that perhaps, maybe the Chase talk IS the smoke screen?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2021, 08:32 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Have you ever considered that perhaps, maybe the Chase talk IS the smoke screen?

[Image: notsurprisedkirk.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(04-23-2021, 08:35 PM)Burma Wrote: [Image: notsurprisedkirk.jpg]

I mean, I was kind of half joking when I wrote that.  But, if you really think about it, they could be blowing smoke, just to see what sort of "trade back" offers they receive from other teams that covet Ja'Marr Chase.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2021, 08:45 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I mean, I was kind of half joking when I wrote that.  But, if you really think about it, they could be blowing smoke, just to see what sort of "trade back" offers they receive from other teams that covet Ja'Marr Chase.

I keep coming back to the Lions in this situation. 1 quality TE is all they have to evaluate if Goff is worth keeping. They are high enough they would only have to part with a 3rd and that still keeps the Bengals the position of getting one of the elite players that Tobin keeps mentioning.

Reply/Quote
(04-23-2021, 04:50 PM)Stewy Wrote: Ok and?

...you're a turd?

Dude was just sharing..
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I did like his comment about doing his best to protect Burrow. Nothing will ever beat the way Whit put it ("I've got two contracts in my life: One with my wife and the other to protect Andy Dalton.") but it kind of gave me those vibes.

I can’t wait until next week. I’m truly going to be happy if take any one of Chase, Sewell, or Pitts. The only way I think I will end up being disappointed is if we move back and miss out on all 3. At least for anything less than a Godfather type offer.

Reply/Quote
(04-23-2021, 11:45 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I did like his comment about doing his best to protect Burrow. Nothing will ever beat the way Whit put it ("I've got two contracts in my life: One with my wife and the other to protect Andy Dalton.") but it kind of gave me those vibes.

I can’t wait until next week. I’m truly going to be happy if take any one of Chase, Sewell, or Pitts. The only way I think I will end up being disappointed is if we move back and miss out on all 3. At least for anything less than a Godfather type offer.

I can see it now, the event that actually reunites the board.

Bengals trade #5 to Denver who moves up to take a QB.

Miami takes Sewell at 6

Lions take Chase at 7

Panthers take Pitts at 8

Bengals stay at 9 and draft DeVonta Smith WR Alabama.

And then in one brief moment, all the debate was for nothing. All the hard feelings vanish and we all return to our regularly schedule hating on the front office together.

You know... it might be the best thing for the board.  Ninja Ninja Ninja Ninja

Reply/Quote
https://giphy.com/gifs/tcm-classic-movies-that-brennan-girl-mona-freeman-fAnvgEl15ulcGNAdtE
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2021, 05:42 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Might be a smokescreen, which seems unusual for us, but maybe we're doing things like a real franchise.

It would be dumb not to talk to all the top guys.  A lot of different things could happen that are both within and outside of the Bengals control that could leave them looking at option B or C.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2021, 09:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: ...you're a turd?

Dude was just sharing..

Nice.  Well done.  As pointedly intelligent as always.

Keep making those solid arguments.
Reply/Quote